• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Mexès

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Amauri has already said he isnt leaving Juve.. that leaves us and Milan as real contenders, and Milan are a joke these days and have no chance of winning anything (even less so than we do)..

10m, i would pay that for Mexes..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
we need no less than 2 CB's, i would say it was exactly what we need...

Mexes is not as bad as some of you think he is.. its obvious many havent actually watched him play much for Roma the past 2-3 seasons (other than against ManU, where the whole Roma team sucked)

otfgoon

Established Member
Bit of a ****, and not in a way that helps the team. Not seen enough of him lately to judge how good he is as a centre back.

otfgoon

Established Member
I mean petulance, kicking, elbowing etc. Admittedly this is purely based on a couple of games that left an impression on me, combined with the number of times he gets sent off.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
otfgoon said:
I mean petulance, kicking, elbowing etc. Admittedly this is purely based on a couple of games that left an impression on me, combined with the number of times he gets sent off.
well, he's only been sent off 3 times in the last 4 years... but i understand your point.. i dont mind a little bit of petulance though, as it gets under the opponents skin a lot of the time.. and to be honest, some of the stuff that is a red card offense in Italy would not be in England..

i think we could do worse.. there is always better out there (Mexes and Kjaer as our 2 CB signings would be fine by me), but i would take Mexes as long as it was no more than 10m

Floating - no, I don't believe so.. if we're going to do that with any of our defenders, Djourou would be the one

GoonerAG

He's a quality defender, if we get him, I'd be over the moon. Yes, I'd rather Cahill but only because he is English and a bit younger. But both are quality centre backs.

TOPG

Established Member
ARSENAL are targeting Roma duo Doni and Philippe Mexès.

According to reports in Italy, Arsenal are considering bids for Roma's Brazilian keeper Doni and France defender Philippe Mexès.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is an admirer of both players, but he could be put off by Roma's £17m asking price.

The Italian giants however would consider any swap deal involving Emmanuel Eboué, Bacary Sagna and William Gallas.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/137007/Arsenal-target-Roma-duo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... -Roma-duo/</a>

CandysRoom

Established Member
TOPG said:
ARSENAL are targeting Roma duo Doni and Philippe Mexès.

According to reports in Italy, Arsenal are considering bids for Roma's Brazilian keeper Doni and France defender Philippe Mexès.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is an admirer of both players, but he could be put off by Roma's £17m asking price.

The Italian giants however would consider any swap deal involving Emmanuel Eboué, Bacary Sagna and William Gallas.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/137007/Arsenal-target-Roma-duo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... -Roma-duo/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What?? Two players, for our three, 2 of which are very, very good and under long contracts. No thankyou Roma...

CandysRoom

Established Member
Although, thinking about it, we can't do anything with Gallas as he's a free agent now. I still wouldn't swap Eboue and Sagna for Mexes and Doni though, especially as we seem to have money this transfer window.

Paddy from Sweden

The article died when the writer suggested Gallas could be involved in a swap. If that's not evidence of the crapness of the rumour then I don't know what is.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
its amazing how many of these so called "journalists" know absolutely nothing..

irish - Doni was pretty good 2 seasons ago when he was first choice.. however, since getting injured early in the season, Julio Sergio came in has been first choice since (and had performed well)

he only has 2 years left on his contract and is 6'4" (30 years old), and has "decent" command of his area.. (certainly better than Manny or Flappy).. for anything less than 10m, I would take a swipe at him..

we're being linked with worse keepers

qs

Established Member
Apparently Roma owners could have the club repossessed from them off the bank to pay off their debts. Maybe we could get him cheap.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom