• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Mexès

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
9m pound well my fav defender in italian league he is good but a bit angry hope he come here but they want him stay with roma

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
another failed bid. Roma will demand more and we won't stump up. Wengers playing with us all with all these 'bids'

Bossa

Established Member
10m is fair for Mexes. He is a bencher nowadays, Burdisso and Juan are ahead of him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
agree with Bossa.. if we offered 10m for Mexes, Roma wouldn't laught us away.. he's 28, not first choice anymore and could be interested in a move to a top club with a CB need (he would certainly get his share of games with us) and he's French

this might not be true (and its probably not), but I would think if we actually were interested, and threw a bid of 9m to Roma, that would pique their fancy.. they might want a little more, but I dont think they would expect 15 or 17m for him..

M+D

Established Member
Do you rate him US? I know you watch plenty of Serie A.

Always looked slightly dodgy at times to me.

Still, I'd definitely take him at this stage. Think I read he only has a year left to run on his contract, not sure if that's true or not.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i do rate him..he is prone to the odd error in judgement, but which one of our defenders are not prone to that.. he a big, strong guy who is comfortable with the ball, is a good tackler (even though reckless at times), and we could do worse, especially for 9m or 10m.. even my wife likes him (and not how he "looks", but as a player - she cant understand how Burdisso displaced him)

that said, if Burdisso ends up at Juve instead of Roma, this link will die quickly, as Mexes will get more playing time..

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Burdisso would be foolish to go to Juve, he could end up 4th choice there but should start at Roma.

Mexes would be an excellent addition I think. Arguably just as useful as Jagielka or Cahill would be and more than likely cheaper.

Vermaelen Koscielny Mexes Djourou. Thats a strong 4 in my opinion and much more solid than what we had last season.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Firstly, it would be great if we signed Mexes. TV, Kos, Djourou, and Mexes would be solid set of central defenders.

However, the main issue will be weather Mexes will be a starter this season. Most reports predict him being a starter, and this is because there is more than one defender with the name Burdisso.

Nicolas Burdisso, who started over him last season, was on loan to Roma from Inter, and now that that loan has ended he has returned to Inter. Yet Roma still have a central defender named Burdisso on their roster, and this is because they signed his younger brother Guillermo this summer. As one Burdisso brother left the other arrived.

Mexes currently has no one in front of him to prevent him from starting, so I doubt Roma will be willing to sell him. However, it would be great if they did sell him to us.

scytheavatar

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i do rate him..he is prone to the odd error in judgement, but which one of our defenders are not prone to that..

Vermaelen makes mistakes but he is in no way "prone" to making mistakes.... my impression of Mexes is that he's way too prone to making mistakes to be worth it for us.

Pies

Mexes would a great signing, add him and a gk and I am much more confide t in this squad.
Great in the air good on the ground, can put in a tackle, experienced...watched him many times think overall he is a very good defender, makes the odd error but you can say tha about any defender. Would be a great signing. Not overly confident abou this one though.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
GunnerBP said:
Firstly, it would be great if we signed Mexes. TV, Kos, Djourou, and Mexes would be solid set of central defenders.

However, the main issue will be weather Mexes will be a starter this season. Most reports predict him being a starter, and this is because there is more than one defender with the name Burdisso.

Nicolas Burdisso, who started over him last season, was on loan to Roma from Inter, and now that that loan has ended he has returned to Inter. Yet Roma still have a central defender named Burdisso on their roster, and this is because they signed his younger brother Guillermo this summer. As one Burdisso brother left the other arrived.

Mexes currently has no one in front of him to prevent him from starting, so I doubt Roma will be willing to sell him. However, it would be great if they did sell him to us.
Roma has actually had talks with Inter about Nicolas Burdisso (not his brother, who I knew was also at the club), but there is nothing completed yet..

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810556&sec=transfers&cc=5901&cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 01&cc=5901</a>

scythe - i dont think he's as error prone as you do i guess..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if burdisso leave to roma its will be postive thing for us will make mexes come and for cheap price

Top Bottom