• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Mexès

The Escaped Ape

Re: Phillippe Mexes

I don't rate Tulio highly enough to want him at Arsenal. He's a leader, for sure (got huge amounts of respect from the rest of the Japanese national team), but at one point seemed to have a nasty habit of scoring own goals in desperate last ditch attempts to defend.

The Escaped Ape

He might have been a better signing, but still not good enough IMO. Yuto Nagatomo is the defender that gets all the credit over here, but he's about 25cm high, so probably not suited to the Premier League. I don't think Japan's best export, football-wise, is its defenders.

Humble Rex

Established Member

Tanaka certainly held his own in the WC. Very impressive IMO. If you can do it internationally you are certainly good enough for the EPL.

entropy13

Established Member

Tulio's above average, but that's it. And indeed, midfielders, and to a lesser extent strikers are Japan's strengths.

The Escaped Ape

Sorry, I'm not just being flippant. If the Mexes rumour had been more active, the Tulio posts would have got buried more quickly I guess...

Top Bottom