• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Mexès

Piston Broke

Andrew said:
Have you seen Cygan over the last few games? You obviously haven't or just really hate him. He has been excellent and was part of our pehnomenal 5-1 win against Inter. I am more than happy with him in the team. And don't forget we have Keown as well. Forget Mexes. We shouldn't waste our money on someone who we don't really need. We can't have all world class centre halfs as back-ups. Cygan and Keown are excellent back-ups... and we have a promising youngster in Senderos coming through. I think while we have new stadium being built we should be greatful for what we have and no greedy.

Yes i have Watched him which is why i said he was average and not the usual CRAP ,
Keowns about to start Drawing his Pension
Senderos is a Star being groomed for the future
Toure is very flexible & will always figure highly in the Squad (Like O'shea) He's also a better RB than Lauren so it's lauren who will probably Suffer the Most Form Mexes Arrival

I can see what your saying about the new Stadium But i would rather us buy a good C/Defender than waste our Money on an new Striker as Much as i dislike Wiltord we need to keep him as back up. & save money in that Dept Althougth if they Bought Eto i would Wet Myself with Happiness .But our problem Isn't Scoring goals it's Stopping them.

Toure Mexes Sol Cole

With Lauren & Senderos on the bench looks much better to me[/quote]

_scorpion_

Established Member
Andrew said:
Piston Broke said:
Selling Upson is a mistake of the past Don't You Mean Cygan is not getting Better just Average whilst i agree Kolo Is outstanding at the moment what happens when he gets hurt or Sol for that matter would you be happy having a Kolo/Cygan Partnership for say 6 weeks

Not likely i say Buy Mexe's in the january window we need all the cover we can get Losing Sol Last year Affected Us Bad we cant' let that happen again

Have you seen Cygan over the last few games? You obviously haven't or just really hate him. He has been excellent and was part of our pehnomenal 5-1 win against Inter. I am more than happy with him in the team. And don't forget we have Keown as well. Forget Mexes. We shouldn't waste our money on someone who we don't really need. We can't have all world class centre halfs as back-ups. Cygan and Keown are excellent back-ups... and we have a promising youngster in Senderos coming through. I think while we have new stadium being built we should be greatful for what we have and no greedy.

Finally a voice of reason!

Well said.

Sammer

Established Member
Can´t agree with you more ANDREW.

Our defense has never been so solid in the last years.

Plus: MEXES will cost a lot of $$$ (being hunted by the usual suspects).

FORGET ABOUT IT !

pamilih

We no longer need Mexes. We have a number of young defenders waiting in the queue.

What we need are strikers. Strikers with an average of 20 goals a season. These are very expensive. Minimum £15 mio.

eikaz

sell them

i agree with u..
there both are so useless in the team..
im hoping that wenger can get Reyes this january

Thierrymarron

Mexes would be a good signing, however he would cost at least £5m.
Also i love the galic va va voom that we have but a few english signings would be nice.
What about Dawson from forest. Decent, young and probabley cheaper than Mexes.
Gabbidon from Cardiff.
We need to inject that english fighting spirit that we lack now Big Tone has gone.

mood

Mexes?

Rumours say that Wenger is interested in him and he may be available for a free in the summer. Do you think we'll sign him??

I think we should.. and push Toure to the right and Lauren as his replacement.

D.Dappa

Mexes on a free this summer, some how I dont think so, if he was you would know about it, i'm sure he has 18 months left on his contract, not 6 months.

Holla

mood

I dont think we'd get him for too expensive. He's a very good defender, would be very glad to get him.

Stim

If we got Mexes we would be pretty much complete all over the pitch. Ahh we can dream.

mood

I hope we do get him. We should try getting Boumsong!! I know he signed a pre-contract with Rangers but no harm if he signs one with us too. He's going on a free in the summer.

D.Dappa

Mexes could struggle just like Cygan did at first, he has only played in the French League, he would be back-up if he did come.

zerofeel

Wenger says no more signing this summer since they splurge on JOSE REYES but if they do sell Jeffers and GIO,i think Wenger will definetely buy reinforcements since three of our senior players are destined to leave...

seanconvey66

No way would he be a replacement! Mexes is a better cb than Toure aswell. Toure is a great cb but he aint as good as some make out, i think he is much better at rb, with mexes we would have a fantastic defence of cole, campbell, mexes, and toure! Dont think its realistic tho

Mark

Established Member
i dont want players from the french league, they may be good but they take too long to adjust and in some cases they don't. we have a fine defence, id say we need trabelsi more than mexes and trabelsi is actually free this summer while mexes isn't.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom