• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Mexès

seanconvey66

Good players adapt anywhere they play! Pires was from the french league and didnt do that bad in the 1st season. Henry and Viera came from France via a 6 month stint in Italy apiece.

It takes time for any player to adapt whether French Spanish, German. Its dependent on the player not the league they come from.

JGooner

Toure's done it in a tougher league. Mexes hasn't even been that good this season. Good player, though.

kanuuu

Established Member
we definitely need a new RB or CB, as toure can play either, and i dont think cygan and lauren are good enough in their positions, cygan has been on a good run, but i dont think he's good enough to be our first choice CB. i think mexes would be perfect

Cole - Campbell - Mexes - Toure

Mark

Established Member
i'd like a back four of...

Trabelsi Toure Campbell Cole

with players like lauren, cygan and clichy for backup and toure able to play RB as well, i think this back four would be very strong indeed.

arsenal4life

Mark said:
i'd like a back four of...

Trabelsi Toure Campbell Cole

with players like lauren, cygan and clichy for backup and toure able to play RB as well, i think this back four would be very strong indeed.

Thumps Up

Trabelsi had a great match 2day in ACN

and we'll get him FREE in the summer

Idon't think wenger will let him go

eikaz

Rumours say that Wenger is interested in him and he may be available for a free in the summer. Do you think we'll sign him??

I think we should.. and push Toure to the right and Lauren as his replacement.

i agree with that..toure must play..not lauren..but that is true mexes may be available for a free in the summer?i hope so.. ;D :angel ;D

Sol man

Talking of Trabelsi do we honestly need another player that will leave us when the African nations cup arrives. If we sign him only Hoyte will be left as the right back because it is possible that Trabelsi, Toure and Lauren (who I honestly feel will cancel his retirement from international football) will be on duty.

JazzG

Established Member
They might leave for a few weeks but we must look at the fact he is available for free and is bloody good!

Sammer

Established Member
We shouldn´t expect Wenger to continue to sign on that level...

Just as written in that one great article that was put on the main site yesterday: the Reyes signing was a wake-up call to other main competitors in the EPL and (now) CL.

Mexes will be hunted by at least two european clubs with money to spend - Bayern Munich is one of them as they are currently looking for new defenders (Linke is the one to be replaced) + Chelski and whoever.

I never felt so confident in years with our current defense. Its well organised - Cole &Toure are doing great, constantly. Cygan has improved considerably and we have Senderos coming up....

Wenger won´t join the $$$ race for Mexes - especially since he is so confident now with our defense.

Feis-al

Lets have it in mind that once Senderos has got rid of his injury syndrom we will be having a real defence.

sienna

The defence is much, much better compared to last season. More composed and more stable. Once Senderos recovers and if he is as good as people say he is, then Toure can make the rightback position his own. But then Toure is awesome in the centre too.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
sienna said:
The defence is much, much better compared to last season. More composed and more stable. Once Senderos recovers and if he is as good as people say he is, then Toure can make the rightback position his own. But then Toure is awesome in the centre too.

Great problem to have isn't it LOL.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mexes looks likely to be going to the mancs

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... 17&cpid=24

Looks like those dumb ****s the mancs :evil: are trying to get in the lead in the race to sign Mexes. He is now saying his most likely destination would be England. Dont underestimate Arsène Wenger though. He may stil be in the hunt with Mr. 'On Holiday' Dein. He even said we were keepig tabs on him for when the time is right??
So just wait and see what happens.

AFCG7

Established Member
I dont know if Mexes will go to them...
After all Arjen Robben was given the red carpet treatment , tour of the ground, dinner and a limo back to the airport and still signed for CHelsea.

JazzG

Established Member
If we got the money and Wenger thinks having Mexes would be an improvement over sol+toure then we will probably go for him. I would much rather we went for Metzelder though, even though I'm pretty sure we won't get him :( Metzelder + Sol would be better than our current partnership imo, especially in europe as these european defenders seem to read the game much better than english defenders.

patrick42uk

Established Member
mexes reads the game well too and isvery good on the ball. it all depends on what wenger thinks of senderos. if he feels he really could make an impact, i'd expect us to sign a defender with a lot more experience than metzelder and mexes.

Jinn

Established Member
We've got a good a chance as any. Of course, it could depend on how well we do in the Champions League, and whether we win any silverware this season.

Has he been hyped up too much though? Don't expect Arsène Wenger to pay over the top for any player.

Latest posts

Top Bottom