• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not sure the new contract has that much of an effect tbh.

Auba isn’t a young player signing that first big deal, he was already wealthy before this deal I think he just doesn’t enjoy his role in the team and the results we are getting and at this level even a 5% drop in motivation would be noticeable.
It's just arm chair psychology, he agreed the new deal behind the scenes in mid-August and still had a good start to the season against Liverpool in the CS followed by Fulham. His performance declined as the team got worse following the October international break.

baccy_man

Established Member
If he's not getting the service he can't put the ball in the net, we have been playing too slow for far too long if the ball is not being played sideways it goes back into our half a lot of times back as far as the keeper then we try and play the ball out from the back which we are not very good at,
We are either too slow to get the ball moving or the opponents are right on top of us and putting us under pressure and we get caught in possession.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Kane has his big move to play for he dgaf about systems at Tottenham. Anelka was infamously moody throughout his career when things weren’t going his way, so disagree there as well.

Henry when he was made to spearhead the last kiddy experiment cut the exact same frustrated figure as Auba. He was even worse, pounding the grass in frustration when Cesc didn’t make an inch perfect pass and sarcastically clapping his fledgling team mates.

The big move is all but done for Auba so if this team isn’t working it’s going to hit him harder motivation wise maybe? but those were terrible examples @Batman

The only guy who would give it a good old college try “just because” out of the names mentioned is probably Giroud. Even then it’s probably because he is overcompensating like Lacazette tends to do.
You're literally just mad that I used Kane as an example. Henry's last season at Arsenal was better than Auba's last year and he wasn't even fit for most of it. Judas was dragging players even worse than what's here now to CL places. Take off your Pierre tinted glasses and be objective. He's sulking and compounding his own problems. Other guys have done and currently do make more out of bad situations. You look like a petulant little clown making this BS response and you're not even clever enough to work out that if Kane's only motivation for performing was to get a move then Auba not performing because he's got no motivation to only enforces my point about his poor mentality. It's like you've forgotten that the guy has displayed character issues before which is why the Madrids and Barcelonas never went in for him and he was available in a January window, with no competition to an Arsenal that was already slipping. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You're literally just mad that I used Kane as an example. Henry's last season at Arsenal was better than Auba's last year and he wasn't even fit for most of it. Judas was dragging players even worse than what's here now to CL places. Take off your Pierre tinted glasses and be objective. He's sulking and compounding his own problems. Other guys have done and currently do make more out of bad situations. You look like a petulant little clown making this BS response and you're not even clever enough to work out that if Kane's only motivation for performing was to get a move then Auba not performing because he's got no motivation to only enforces my point about his poor mentality. It's like you've forgotten that the guy has displayed character issues before which is why the Madrids and Barcelonas never went in for him and he was available in a January window, with no competition to an Arsenal that was already slipping. :lol:
So hold on, I give a measured response and you say stuff like “I look like a petulant little clown making a BS response” yet I’m mad? This is crackhead behaviour and I’m not sure what planet you’re on.

Anyways your examples were poor and I clearly explained why. Giroud aside most of the guys you mentioned have had priors when it comes to not reacting the best to adversity. Nothing to do with Auba tinted specs. Furthermore none of them played wingback for a jokeman manager this is apples and oranges.

Melquiades

Hasn't lost his pace and doesn't get enough chances in matches to fairly judge whether he's lost his finishing ability or not. I'd say it's pretty fair to say you don't lose that overnight though.

It's not just pace that can be an issue with older players - it's their motor and their ability to keep running and pushing the play.

Auba could be just as fast as ever in spurts when he opens it up but if he only has the fitness to make 10 full-effort runs into space in a game instead of 20 ... that will have a huge impact on his production.

And players do lose it overnight. Thierry Henry did at exactly the same age Auba is now. Went from one of the most dominant forwards on the planet to 4-goal season in Spain to MLS pensioner in barely more than a year.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

My beef with the Auba slander is there’s nothing to suggest that even Lewandowski comes here and does anything.

A robust CF willing to compete for Tierney’s crosses might do a bit better I guess? But if that’s the only way we are scoring then different questions need to be asked.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So hold on, I give a measured response and you say stuff like “I look like a petulant little clown making a BS response” yet I’m mad? This is crackhead behaviour and I’m not sure what planet you’re on.

Anyways your examples were poor and I clearly explained why. Giroud aside most of the guys you mentioned have had priors when it comes to not reacting the best to adversity. Nothing to do with Auba tinted specs. Furthermore none of them played wingback for a jokeman manager this is apples and oranges.
Your "measured response" was to call my examples terrible (and then fail to properly refute them) whilst using hyperbole to give your own. I already acknowledged the impact the manager has had. Crackhead behavior? If so, you're presently being outthought by a crackhead because I already refuted your silly criticisms of the examples I gave. When you're an adult, you don't have to let your disdain for one individual nullify your ability to see how another individual's own behavior is collaborating to contribute to their lack of success. Auba looked like the best striker in the league under this same manager playing the exact same position. The only thing that has changed from then to now is a contract extension for Auba and a promotion for Arteta. It seems they both got too comfortable and their performances fell off of a cliff. Auba has already shown that he can perform at an elite level under this manager. What has changed is his effort level. That's not something that you can dispute. I'm sure you'll attempt to because we've established that you aren't particularly clever but I invite you to show me an example of any of the players I mentioned falling off of a cliff to the same extent Auba did right after getting their last big contract. Since you won't be able to do that, I suggest you stop wasting my time and yours.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

My beef with the Auba slander is there’s nothing to suggest that even Lewandowski comes here and does anything.

A robust CF willing to compete for Tierney’s crosses might do a bit better I guess? But if that’s the only way we are scoring then different questions need to be asked.

That’s exactly what we are - very predictable and all the other teams have figured out that we’re trying to build up our play through the left with Tierney trying to get in behind. It’s not a coincidence that our goals have dried up and many of our attackers have struggled because Arteta’s one dimensional system has been figured out.

It’s as one dimensional as what Moyes was doing at Utd with all them hopeless crosses into the box. I’m sure he took inspiration from his former manager.

maxresdefault.jpg

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It's not just pace that can be an issue with older players - it's their motor and their ability to keep running and pushing the play.

Auba could be just as fast as ever in spurts when he opens it up but if he only has the fitness to make 10 full-effort runs into space in a game instead of 20 ... that will have a huge impact on his production.

And players do lose it overnight. Thierry Henry did at exactly the same age Auba is now. Went from one of the most dominant forwards on the planet to 4-goal season in Spain to MLS pensioner in barely more than a year.

I've seen nothing to suggest he's lost his pace though. He's still absolutely rapid whether it be 10 bursts a game or 20. Lack of chances (and chasing fullbacks!) is simply the only reason he only scored 10 in the league last season.

Unfortunately he's been hut by the Arteta tax which is a big reason why I can't fairly judge 90% of this squad until I've seen them under competent management.

It shouldn't be stressed enough how amazing a season Auba had in the Cup winning year, unreal efficiency, something very few players in the world would be able to maintain.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why is that serial bottler Kane being mentioned in this thread, ffs.

Auba has dragged 3 different teams to trophies, 'Arry can't even do it once for the team he pretends to support.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's just arm chair psychology, he agreed the new deal behind the scenes in mid-August and still had a good start to the season against Liverpool in the CS followed by Fulham. His performance declined as the team got worse following the October international break.
Well there you go then, people will ignore this though.

Yes, his mentality could be better but I think he’s giving/given a fair amount of effort. We still see him tracking fullbacks and ****.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Bare stuff
First of all the way you roll your face on the keyboard to construct your posts you’re clearly not qualified to talk about anyone’s intelligence.

The only reason I bothered to decipher this is because I knew it was probably laced with insults, the usual refuge of certain posters when they realise they are incapable of refuting what I am saying.

If you had basic comprehension you would have seen I didn’t once refute the lack of effort. However, if you honestly look at this team and think lacking a bit of elbow grease is the problem here then you’re not as clever as you pretend to be.

To your point about Auba looking like the best striker under Arteta, yeah it was in a 3-4-3 where Auba had less defensive responsibility which we had to abandon once it got figured out. I’d go further into intricacies of that formation and personnel compared to what we are doing now? but you seem to be the guts and determination type of the Souness mould and probably wouldn’t get it judging by your gripes and expletives.

Instead of this back and forth you really should look into why it reads like you type with b*m cheeks and jaw clenched in anguish everytime you post about Auba.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Came across this and thought it was quite interesting. I think I saw @drippin / @Trilly post something similar last week and it didn’t have the likes of Auba, Adama etc included in that graph.

Quite a few Arsenal players on that one including Tomiyasu.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Came across this and thought it was quite nteresting. I think I saw @drippin / @Trilly post something similar last week and it didn’t have the likes of Auba, Adama etc included in that graph.

Quite a few Arsenal players on that one including Tomiyasu.
That graph you’re referring to was weird. I need to re-read what they were actually measuring.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

I'm pretty sure Lewa would still be pretty productive, as he's a far more well-rounded (leaving aside better) player.

Auba, or at least the Auba of old, needs a far more specific set of circumstances to flourish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom