• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Auba obviously lost a bit of form due to i don't know what but his drought isn't on him. That's our style of play, in other words Arteta.

Even a semi decent Auba would still score here and there if we had a decent manager

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Based on the highlights I seen he looks like he lacks confidence. He took the easy option when Tierney played him in. Then later on he had a near carbon copy of Ronaldo second goal but just didn't have the same conviction. Hopefully he finds his mojo soon.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He was involved in a lot of the play which is an improvement. Though it was only Norwich. I must say that he hasn't declined physically, caught him sprinting several times.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If / when Auba gets back to form all the talk about physical decline will evaporate.

It's not rocket science. Auba's still a WC level goalscorer. He can only operate to that level within a narrow set of circumstances though. You've got to set the team up offensively to get the best out of him. Quick, incisive transitional play going forwards. Don't lumber him with too much defensive work etc.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As I said, he's only 11 away from 100 Arsenal goals...but he's also only another 36 away from being outright in our top ten scorers of all time...really hope he gets in that list before he leaves.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Thought he had a very good game. Not classic link up play but he wasn't isolated for a change. He ran the channels and actually won some headers and passed well. Looked as close to complete as we've seen him in ages. And he can still tap them in.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I get the impression from his recent tweets that our dismal start to the season, and the influx of more young players, has made him wake up to his responsibilities as captain and senior player

I expect to see less goofing around, and more overall effort, from him from now on

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Came across this and thought it was quite interesting. I think I saw @drippin / @Trilly post something similar last week and it didn’t have the likes of Auba, Adama etc included in that graph.

Quite a few Arsenal players on that one including Tomiyasu.
Interesting seeing physical characteristics measured, we need the height stats!

Good to see ESR, Auba and Tomi in the top 20% for speed (although Tomi was categorized as a CB so might not hold with full backs)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As I said, he's only 11 away from 100 Arsenal goals...but he's also only another 36 away from being outright in our top ten scorers of all time...really hope he gets in that list before he leaves.
My sincere hope as well.

Still remember how he and Laca scored plenty when the team was progressing to Europa Ligue Final. Probably one of the best front duos in Europe at that time.

OSBK

Established Member
Shocking today again. Ashley barnes is battering our defenders whilst auba is making sure he doesnt ruin his hair.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Shocking today again. Ashley barnes is battering our defenders whilst auba is making sure he doesnt ruin his hair.

Ashley Barnes battered f*ck all today mate unless you saw him working in a chippy after the game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I actually wanted to see what Kane at City would look like. Probably ruins the league entirely though.
At City, I don't think he'll be allowed or asked to do what he does for Sp**s and England tbh, so that could either make him more potent or half the player; I think it'd be the latter--he'd feel shackled and frustrated.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Very limited player. His flaws are less exposed when playing on the flank. As a CF it’s just brutally obvious how poor his hold up
and combination play is

Pulp

Aubameyang can only do so much with so little movement from the rest of the team though. At least he made defensive runs and tried to apply pressure even if it wasn't always good enough. Team that sits back like that you have to move the ball much quicker.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's not a CF against Burnley, certainly not a CF v Burnley in a Mikel Arteta team...should have been on the wing today, Laca up top.

Backing him for a brace v Sp**s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom