• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They were match winners in teams and systems that Wenger built. Auba is a match winner despite the team regressing under the new manager.
But this is a team and system that Emery has built? It’s just not a successful one.

Again, I’m all for criticising Emery and we have plenty of valid reasons. But saying Auba is keeping him in a job but then refusing to acknowledge that RVP essentially did the same thing doesn’t make any sense to me?

RVP was providing a goal/assist every 80 minutes, without him we certainly wouldn’t have finished where we did so what’s the difference?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

They were match winners in teams and systems that Wenger built. Auba is a match winner despite the team regressing under the new manager.

I asked about other managers and their players too, not only Wenger, if you saw. How does that logic work?

Great players are the only reason any top manager / head coach keeps their job? They making points has nothing to do with the manager under who they do those points?

Trilly understood what I'm after in his comment, it's not very difficult.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In Persie super season with us the team as unit was much better than we have been seeing from Emerys Arsenal since season collapse last year. I mean its just my opinion but I can't remember us going to the bottom team and make them look like Barcelona back in those days...
I agree we played better football but (this will be tricky to explain but I’ll try)

RVP was the best striker in the world and contributed to over half of our goals that season. Assuming Wenger would be sacked if we didn’t get top four then by that logic RVP kept him in a job. I’ve never thought that a manager, no matter how bad, should be accused of only being kept in their job by a player, after all it’s the manager who sets up the team and football is a team game.

A better argument would be that Emery should be doing better with a striker like Aubamayang at his disposal.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Should still be pushed wide when Laca is back.

Will score abit less but Laca will more then make up for it AND give us another dimension to our game

GDeep™

League is very weak
Probably won’t extend I feel, team isn’t going anywhere under Emery and he’s probably not happy being shifted wide for a big bum like Laca.

progman07

Established Member
But this is a team and system that Emery has built? It’s just not a successful one.

Again, I’m all for criticising Emery and we have plenty of valid reasons. But saying Auba is keeping him in a job but then refusing to acknowledge that RVP essentially did the same thing doesn’t make any sense to me?

RVP was providing a goal/assist every 80 minutes, without him we certainly wouldn’t have finished where we did so what’s the difference?
Maybe it is a false feeling, but I remember our game was generally better, and we also got more points, scored more goals and conceded less. It might be wrong though, time makes things look better afterall.

We had more injuries in the attacking department back in those days. Today if we had an injury crisis like we used to have (Cesc, van Persie, Walcott, etc all injured) we would crumble.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Btw why would Pepe taking the penalty be a problem? Auba has a dodgy record and Pepe has one of the best records in Europe. In fact, if his ability translates from Ligue 1 he should be our main penalty taker.
Yeh Auba isnt a good pen taker at all. The look on his face at Sp**s before he missed that pen was enough to tell me he shouldnt be taking them here. He was nervous before the pen when we played them at the Emirates too but thankfully Lloris went the wrong way that time.

It should be Laca or Pepe. Penalties arent about your finishing ability or instinct.. its more about nerves. Thats why someone like Nabil Bentaleb has a sensational record at pens despite being a defensive minded player, its a different game.

Kav

Established Member
I think playing regularly in his favoured position helps. He's our No1 CF and should never be played in any other position. If Laca has a role at the club it should be as back up & rotation to Auba.
Or we simply play with 2 strikers. You know. Old fashioned 2 up top. That way no one has to be shifted to the wings. Both get game time.

People act like this isn't the obvious solution.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Or we simply play with 2 strikers. You know. Old fashioned 2 up top. That way no one has to be shifted to the wings. Both get game time.

In some games we could do that but I don't see it being a regular set up.

Kav

Established Member
Indeed that is a option for Emery I don't expect it in most games by he can stretch teams with 2 good strikers. One can hold up the play if necessary when we need more ball control as well

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I think playing regularly in his favoured position helps. He's our No1 CF and should never be played in any other position. If Laca has a role at the club it should be as back up & rotation to Auba.
If he's scoring the same number of goals from the wing and at the center, then it makes more sense to play him on the wing to accomodate Laca who holds the ball up better. I mean he won the golden boot last year playing as an inside forward for most of the time.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If he's scoring the same number of goals from the wing and at the center, then it makes more sense to play him on the wing to accomodate Laca who holds the ball up better. I mean he won the golden boot last year playing as an inside forward for most of the time.

If he'd been playing CF he probably wouldn't have shared the Golden boot & we may have also qualified for CL. Lets just play our best players in their best positions!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He's scoring more this season so far than he did before.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He's scoring more this season so far than he did before.
Is the team scoring more? The question is if Auba + Nelson/Saka better than Laca + Auba.
If he'd been playing CF he probably wouldn't have shared the Golden boot & we may have also qualified for CL. Lets just play our best players in their best positions!
Or we might not, there's nothing to indicate if Auba alone would be better than having both him and laca together. He doesn't play like a traditional winger, he's more an inside forward with Laca playing the firmino role. That worked for us last season with both of them among the goals.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Should still be pushed wide when Laca is back.

Will score abit less but Laca will more then make up for it AND give us another dimension to our game

Is the team scoring more? The question is if Auba + Nelson/Saka better than Laca + Auba.

Or we might not, there's nothing to indicate if Auba alone would be better than having both him and laca together. He doesn't play like a traditional winger, he's more an inside forward with Laca playing the firmino role. That worked for us last season with both of them among the goals.

We’ve scores 9 goals in 3 games since Lacazette has been injured. We literally play better without him, why do we need a striker that holds up the ball? Also Lacazette isn’t even good at holding up the ball thats a myth, he plays his best football inside the box.

I don’t see why playing our best player in his best position is such a foreign concept.

Yeah because it’s that easy and no other manager though of it, they should hire you for tactics. Theres a reason 2 up front is outdated mainly because most modern teams play 3 up front and fullbacks do the job of the traditional wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom