• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
Yeah because it’s that easy and no other manager though of it, they should hire you for tactics. Theres a reason 2 up front is outdated mainly because most modern teams play 3 up front and fullbacks do the job of the traditional wingers.

I am certain i could do a better job than you any day with this team. However lets not go down that route sir roids.

Playing two up front is never outdated, no tactic or system is. How effective a system is against a opponent is dependent on four main things : 1) Personnel available to you (2) the quality of the opposition (3) fitness of your team (4) Transition quality of both teams.

You don't employ the same tactics every game. Therefore Emery can employ a front 2 in either a 4-3-1-2 , 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-2-2-2. He has many variations to use, depending on the situation he faces.

Also not because fullbacks act as wingers these days means we should rely on Fb's to attack teams. In case you have not noticed Bellerin isn't very good at beating a man if he doesn't have space in front of him and often ends up passing the ball back to the player on his inside left looking for a return pass.

Too often our attack gets slowed down because we have not had traditional wingers. Thats why we went and got Pepe, we also have saka and nelson and martinelli who can play on the left side. We don't need to rely on the FB's to stretch teams anymore. What we need to have is strikers in the box or near it so that when the wingers (whether they invert or not) and FB's go marauding forward we have players to finish off the move.

The reason emery has not done it is because he's too chicken **** to do so. He's a coward in his approach play.

He has admitted that he likes to play with one striker to allow him the option of changing the personnel from the bench. Fair enough , but if you have two good players with good chemistry you play them together.

Imagine Ferguson going, i have cole and york but i will only play one. Wenger going... bergkamp and henry should not play together because well they are both forwards. This is such a rubbish viewpoint. You play your best players it is that simple.

Yes managers will have a system and each game is unique and what you need each game will differ. There will be times when he will want to have more midfield control and playing 1 striker makes sense. There will be times when he knows he won't have possession and setting the team up to counter will be his approach and thus he has to select the appropriate personnel for that to work. BUT TO SAY we should not play 2 strikers at all because it is outdated its just foolish and laughable.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We’ve scores 9 goals in 3 games since Lacazette has been injured. We literally play better without him, why do we need a striker that holds up the ball? Also Lacazette isn’t even good at holding up the ball thats a myth, he plays his best football inside the box.

I don’t see why playing our best player in his best position is such a foreign concept.

Yeah because it’s that easy and no other manager though of it, they should hire you for tactics. Theres a reason 2 up front is outdated mainly because most modern teams play 3 up front and fullbacks do the job of the traditional wingers.

Laca may not be Drogba or even Giroud Good BUT he is better at it than Auba

With Auba we are more limited to only play one way

Auba isnt bad at LW...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I am certain i could do a better job than you any day with this team. However lets not go down that route sir roids.

Never in a million years, I'd have this team competing while you'd be struggling in 17th figuring out how to play 4-4-2 in 2019.

You don't employ the same tactics every game. Therefore Emery can employ a front 2 in either a 4-3-1-2 , 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-2-2-2. He has many variations to use, depending on the situation he faces.

You should play similar tactics most games, no one wants to see a different formation every game wtf.

Playing two up front is never outdated, no tactic or system is. How effective a system is against a opponent is dependent on four main things : 1) Personnel available to you (2) the quality of the opposition (3) fitness of your team (4) Transition quality of both teams.

Well that's just not true is it? Tactics have trends, back in the 90s/early 2000s it was 4-4-2 now it's some variation of 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 or whatever plays 3 midfielders and 3 up front.

Imagine Ferguson going, i have cole and york but i will only play one. Wenger going... bergkamp and henry should not play together because well they are both forwards. This is such a rubbish viewpoint. You play your best players it is that simple.

Wenger did have Aubameyang and Lacazette, and benched Lacazette a lot of the time once he got Auba.

Kav

Established Member
You have made made some fair points and I will give you credit for that.

So solve this problem:

Your main striker (PEA) can give you 20-25 goals in the league if played consistently and given good service.

Your other striker (Laca) can give you 15-25 goals if he gets games and service consistently.

Now striker 1 can play on either wings and up top, has speed and is an excellent finisher.

Striker 2 is primarily better centrally, does great hold up play and does not need service for all his goals, (some he just makes on his own and lashes them with incredible power at all angles).

Do you try to get both goal scorers in the team? Or do you play your main striker and not give your secondary striker enough game time to keep him fit and ready?

You can get more if both are on the pitch but it affects Auba's production IN THE CURRENT SET UP.Or you can only play one and lose out on the goals the other would provide.

As a solution perhaps in some games it might be useful to change the system to allow both to play together. You can try it for a few games and if it doesn't work then go back to what you were doing.

Kav

Established Member
Never in a million years, I'd have this team competing while you'd be struggling in 17th figuring out how to play 4-4-2 in 2019.

You should play similar tactics most games, no one wants to see a different formation every game wtf.

Well that's just not true is it? Tactics have trends, back in the 90s/early 2000s it was 4-4-2 now it's some variation of 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 or whatever plays 3 midfielders and 3 up front.

Wenger did have Aubameyang and Lacazette, and benched Lacazette a lot of the time once he got Auba.
Laca had an injury in his first year here and that is documented. Auba came in when AL had just returned from injury, we still had giroud and once it was obvious we would have 3 main strikers, giroud wanted out and we were left with the two we have. one of which (AL) had not been fully fit.

All i'm saying is we need to get the best out of both of our strikers and emery is not doing it. PEA is amazing and i'm glad we have him in our team. I'm also glad we have Lacazette as well and we should support them both.

ptrcopp

His goals have now won us 11 out of the 12 points this season. And that’s excluding the 2 goals against Watford where we drew from a winning position.

We need to sort that out. Especially with the attacking players we have

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
This guy is carrying us - he actually seems to care unlike some of our other players.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Business as usual.

If we could actually ducking play football his goal scoring could take us places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom