Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

Watzke might be a clown and Auba is a beast on social media, but it must suck to go from Klopp to Emery.

It is scary to think how devastating PEA could be in a team that dominated possession and actively created chances for him.

I know this sounds insane, but he seriously could average a goal a match for a full season with a better coach.

Trilly likes this.
  2. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Auba still misses easy chances mate. But so do Lewandowski and Aguero. I've seen Aguero miss more sitters than Callum Wilson but what people often forget and what stats can't measure and sets elite strikers apart is their ability to evade markers on a consistent basis to get into those positions in the first place.

Then ofcourse, composure - but that comes with confidence, practice and getting regular chances.

Sorry if you thought I was attacking you.

Trilly and Mark Tobias like this.
  3. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I'm so pleased to have him. It's nice to have the hope that your striker might be able to get a vital goal when needed. I hope his crazy form continues all season and we win something. It'll cost us to keep him but that doesn't matter.

4. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

No offence taken mate. Just standing for what I wrote because I think the responses kind of did it no justice. I appreciate Auba, I was all but trying to undermine him, but I think that for past teams and states of football there has been some serious revisionism going on.

Big Poppa likes this.
  5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Nice to see Auba stand up for himself against Watzke.

Jackie_Treehorn likes this.
  6. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

If Saka and Martinelli keep their form long enough, Auba’s going to have to extend. He’s loving his football and will love it more with them.

7. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

POTM, well deserved Auba!

8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes well deserved indeed Abu myang.

9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Fans of other teams respect him more than Arsenal fans tbh.

Kingofthebongo likes this.
  10. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Wanting to put Auba on the wing to have Laca as CF is so much disrespect. Like putting your Rolls Royce in the garage to drive around on Saab.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  11. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

He's simply too good for us at the minute.

12. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

He’s getting much more respect this season. In my opinion he is elite tier this season while last year he was fantastic but not quite as good.

13. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Not that he wasn't last season, but we've entered the 'oh ****, we need to improve or he'll **** off' territory.

14. yousif_arsenal

He is striker and he should score goals and he doing that doesn't mean he too good for us

15. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Looking at the dross around him, the horrible way in which we attempt to play and what we've been fed in the past... He is too good for us.

Jae likes this.
  16. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Yeah exactly mate, think he's started to realise this season that's he's surrounded by donkies. Changes need to be made or we risk losing him.

Not comparing myself to Auba in any way shape or form :lol: but I've been the best player on a sh*t football team in my younger days and it was infuriating.

Jury likes this.
  17. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

He's the best striker in the league mate.

ThlRama likes this.
  18. yousif_arsenal

We are 3rd what good dross we got then

19. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

congratulations to him

20. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Fully deserved. We'd be in relegation form without this man.