• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It is funny how suddenly Auba is getting some criticism. He is playing exactly how he has been all season. His all round game has always been non existent. The only thing that has changed is that he isn't scoring as much lately.

His talent is the rarest of commodities, elite movement and finishing. Instead of maximising that by going for the opponent's throat, we handicap ourselves by inexplicably limiting this deadly weapon in our arsenal, just as we limit pretty much every other player's strengths in our team.

Auba is fine, if we attacked more he will slaughter teams.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He always looks worse when he's playing with Lacazette but Arsenal fans think they have great chemistry.

It’s mainly the bromance tbf...also Auba always play like this regardless of Laca being there, unless he picks up a goal or two he is pretty useless.

dbig

His wonder goals have dried up, and the team hasn't been creating chances for him.

Think his confidence is pretty much shot too.

Emery's ****ing up the whole team.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It’s says a lot about Emery and our current attack that Auba has only managed 1 in his last five league games.

His wonder goals have dried up, and the team hasn't been creating chances for him.

Lacazette coming back from injury killed his form, he was much better when Laca was out injured. Lacazette needs to be benched for us to get the best out of Auba.

Everyone know he's sh!t on the wings but you lot act like he plays the same as LW and ST.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It is funny how suddenly Auba is getting some criticism. He is playing exactly how he has been all season. His all round game has always been non existent. The only thing that has changed is that he isn't scoring as much lately.

His talent is the rarest of commodities, elite movement and finishing. Instead of maximising that by going for the opponent's throat, we handicap ourselves by inexplicably limiting this deadly weapon in our arsenal, just as we limit pretty much every other player's strengths in our team.

Auba is fine, if we attacked more he will slaughter teams.
Every player is now getting hammered by our fans because of this garbage manager

BigPoppaPump

Every player is now getting hammered by our fans because of this garbage manager

About damn time! This squad is full of sh!t players and once we stop overrating them and start being objective we can see how poor they really are.

You can say whatever about Mustafi and Xhaka but once you start criticising the likes of Lacazette and Torreira fans act like you’re mad. I hate the double standards.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
About damn time! This squad is full of sh!t players and once we stop overrating them and start being objective we can see how poor they really are.

You can say whatever about Mustafi and Xhaka but once you start criticising the likes of Lacazette and Torreira fans act like you’re mad. I hate the double standards.
Are you including PEA in this rant cos that's what i was alluding to

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Said months ago for all the bromance talk pea and laca don't really look like they have a great connection on the field.

All the talk in the summer about sacrificing one to get the best out of the other but maybe we're about to lose both if things stay as they are.

BigPoppaPump

Are you including PEA in this rant cos that's what i was alluding to

Well Aubameyang has been our best player this season and is the only one doing the job. His form fell off once Lacazette came back but everyone loved him a few weeks ago.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
10 v 12 when you put him in.
Can't control a ball, can't dribble, can't play as target and can't even give a simple pass. Tapinmeyang.

Barca is interested i hear? I'll drive him there personally.

Utterly brainless. Tap in merchant is the biggest myth going.

Golden boot in his first full season and you'd ship him out. Nonsense.

Miyata

Utterly brainless. Tap in merchant is the biggest myth going.

Golden boot in his first full season and you'd ship him out. Nonsense.

Sure i was fuming yesterday to say i'd ship him. But for real, hé had another opportunity yesterday but hé couldn't control the ball like usual. Some say he is world class in here but really though, a world class player can change these sort of games with an individual action.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Auba can't score because her teammates don't give any ball to score

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Sure i was fuming yesterday to say i'd ship him. But for real, hé had another opportunity yesterday but hé couldn't control the ball like usual. Some say he is world class in here but really though, a world class player can change these sort of games with an individual action.

Whilst there's some truth in that, his career has involved a lot of "changing games with individual moments" that most of his recent success in this team is based off. I know his movement and positioning can sure make it feel like he gets a lot of little stolen chances in the box, but watch his 50 goals for arsenal on the official YouTube channel. He's turned many games on his own out of sheer necessity and chance creation.

I do believe his touch is lacking, and in tight spaces he's not the ideal person you'd want to play a one two off of. I'd call him a world class striker, in the way you might use that term for someone like inzaghi, who I think is universally considered a world class striker without offering a ton elsewhere.

OSBK

Established Member
Whilst there's some truth in that, his career has involved a lot of "changing games with individual moments" that most of his recent success in this team is based off. I know his movement and positioning can sure make it feel like he gets a lot of little stolen chances in the box, but watch his 50 goals for arsenal on the official YouTube channel. He's turned many games on his own out of sheer necessity and chance creation.

I do believe his touch is lacking, and in tight spaces he's not the ideal person you'd want to play a one two off of. I'd call him a world class striker, in the way you might use that term for someone like inzaghi, who I think is universally considered a world class striker without offering a ton elsewhere.

I would agree about the inzaghi comparision in style of play but inzaghis trophy collection puts him way above auba. I do rate auba as a goalscorer, he has insane stats but for all those stats he has played for dortmund and a degrading arsenal. There has been no big club willing to sign him despite his proven record, the reason is that beyond the goals he offers nothing for the team.

The game yesterday was a prime example, vardy a guy at a similar age who you could say is a limited player aswell. He lead the line like a captain, fought for the ball, protected the ball for the team, winning headers(cant remember auba winning one), and making the difference when it counts. Vardy really put auba and laca to shame yesterday, he showed all the qualities those 2 lack.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The game yesterday was a prime example, vardy a guy at a similar age who you could say is a limited player aswell. He lead the line like a captain, fought for the ball, protected the ball for the team, winning headers(cant remember auba winning one), and making the difference when it counts. Vardy really put auba and laca to shame yesterday, he showed all the qualities those 2 lack.

Hold on there - Laca was as ineffective as the rest attacking yesterday but I saw him chase back and fight for the ball several times in the game, easily as much as Vardy. Would prefer to see him tucking chances away on the box of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom