<

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunners21

Gunners21 New Member

wish we got him when he was younger

Jakarta and Tourbillion like this.
  2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Was it @BigPoppaPump who made the very astute observation that PEA doesn't burn himself out during games like others? It is quite possible this man can be an absolute beast till he is 32.. The example given, rightly so, was Alexis. Ran himself stupid by age 27 and is completely burnt out now as a player and I suspect as an individual too.

OSBK and BigPoppaPump like this.
  3. Gunners21

Gunners21 New Member

The younger we get him, the more years we get to enjoy his goals. The more the merrier.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  4. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

This is the kind of insight we need new members for, great post.

5. Mark Tobias

For sure, but we have him now, let's enjoy it.

6. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I think with Alexis his international commitments played a big part tbf and unlike Auba who was used sparingly at times by Emery, Alexis had no such luxury under Wenger. The signs of decline were there in his final season with us.

ThlRama, drippin and Mark Tobias like this.
  7. Mark Tobias

True, many factors involved so we can't just blame Alexis. To the same degree his commitment to success in the sport must be applauded.

drippin and Big Poppa like this.
  8. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Offtopic: Is this Pump guy your sidekick or what is going on? :) Why are here two Big Poppa's, not enough names in the world to choose from?

Btw. Poppamies means a shaman in Finnish. Poppa means also hot in childish language.

9. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Blame the notorious BIG

10. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The guy cried like a little ***** when Arsène wanted to rest him, he has himself to blame.

11. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I was just as confused as you.

Maybe Lil Cease was already taken

drippin likes this.
  12. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

I'm more like Diddy without all the homo accusations.

13. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

The list of players who burnt out at about 30 is pretty big

Tevez
    Sanchez
    Suarez almost
    Rivaldo
    Rooney
    Kaka
    Torres
    Robinho
    Ronaldinho
    Owen
    Fowler

Just a few i could think of. But deffo right, prime example is messi. Watch messi 10 years ago and he was non stop all game, watch him now and heis much more conservative and it will prolong his career. I suppose even ronaldo, who moved into a striker role so less running back and can maintain the unreal quality going forward.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    RacingPhoton and drippin like this.
  14. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

A lot of them are stocky fatsos. I think the much leaner Auba has a better chance of maintaining his output through the middle thirties. It's also why I don't think Özil will suffer from a loss of form for a few more years.

OSBK likes this.
  15. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Kaka was unlucky man, knees got ****ed and ruined his main attribute of dribbling.

His whole game was based around that and it completely killed him. Same with Torres, the scousers did him dirty with the knee surgery.

Artisan and OSBK like this.
  16. avalonhse

avalonhse Well-Known Member

You need to remove who got serious injuries (Kaka, Owen), Brazilians have so much natural talents that they do not train enough (Robinho, Ronaldinho). Rooney and Torres do not count, they burn out even before 30 for some reasons. Suarez burns out at about 30? Are you sure?

The left is not big anymore. The list who are still great at about 30 is even longer.

17. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

Even if he loses pace, Auba will be a great poacher for teams that dominate games. What he will lose is the ability to be a major threat on the counter, but I suspect he can be great for a good, say, Bundesliga side or as an option from the bench in any league.

18. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

He doesn't need a sniff even. Fcuking surgeon.

blaze_of_glory and BigPoppaPump like this.
  19. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Pure goalscoring brilliance. Should be playing CF IMO.

mavelous, Jakarta and krackpot like this.
  20. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Absolutely elite goal-scorer, and he's been working his ass off these first games as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.