• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

He couldn't hang on to the ball to save his life today, lost it so many times cheaply when trying to shield it or hold it up. Think that's why he isn't get played at CF.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He couldn't hang on to the ball to save his life today, lost it so many times cheaply when trying to shield it or hold it up. Think that's why he isn't get played at CF.
That’s true, but neither Lacazette nor Nketiah hold it up any better. Martinelli/Saka on the left and Aubameyang through the middle sounds a lot better than what’s currently on show.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Solution is surely to play two up top and drop Özil

Possibly, but we need to have some quality on the pitch. Özil is one of only 3 players who is good in possession that we have. The others are Ceballos and one of Luiz or Pepe depending on which side they got out of bed on.

We need some players on the pitch who are comfortable with the ball at their feet.

I'm for dropping Özil though - play Pepe in the hole and put Auba on the right where he can run onto crosses fro our danger side of the pitch - the left.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s clearly playing there because Arteta doesn’t rate his hold up game, which is fair enough but he can’t say Lacazette and Nketiah are doing it well, they’re not.

After the game Arteta said he sees him and Martinelli as strikers but plays them on the wing because of our imbalanced squad. Nothing to do with hold up play

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

After the game Arteta said he sees him and Martinelli as strikers but plays them on the wing because of our imbalanced squad. Nothing to do with hold up play
Then why isn’t Martinelli playing LW and Auba ST? No excuses.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He’s clearly playing there because Arteta doesn’t rate his hold up game, which is fair enough but he can’t say Lacazette and Nketiah are doing it well, they’re not.
He also wants him to use his devastating pace as an outlet rather than have him have his back to defenders and waste his biggest asset.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

You guys are hilarious. If he plays Auba as striker, Auba would struggle because Auba will spend majority of the game with his back to goal. We all know that Auba doesn't have the body to Hold up the ball.

When on the wing, he can use his biggest asset which is his pace and movement to get in behind defences. He's not a benzema type striker.

The only way to play him up top is to play two strikers. But that will reduce our width.

I was the biggest anti-Emery poster on here, but even Emery was right when he didn't fancy him as lone striker

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant
You guys are hilarious. If he plays Auba as striker, Auba would struggle because Auba will spend majority of the game with his back to goal. We all know that Auba doesn't have the body to Hold up the ball.

When on the wing, he can use his biggest asset which is his pace and movement to get in behind defences. He's not a benzema type striker.

The only way to play him up top is to play two strikers. That will reduce our width.

I was the biggest anti-Emery poster on here, but even Emery was right when he didn't fancy him as lone striker
This.

The only way to play him up top is to play two strikers. That will reduce our width.

Could this work?
Back three
Bellerin-- AMN---Xhaka-----Saka
-----------Ceballos-------------
Martinelli--------Auba

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Aubameyang is a nice guy but he is probably asking himself wtf he is doing covering Saka when he should be in the box getting goals.
There was a moment late in the game where he just gave up covering for Saka and let a West Ham player run free. I could feel his frustration from behind the TV screen.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Could this work?
Back three
Bellerin-- AMN---Xhaka-----Saka
-----------Ceballos-------------
Martinelli--------Auba
Could work.

But AM will lose their sh!t if Arteta plays 3 at the back

Manberg

Predator
You’ve lost your mind

We were in the top 4 and got into the Europa League final when Ramsey was fit. I doubt we’d have beat Napoli without him. Lacazette scored goals playing with Ramsey.

We dropped out and lost the Europa league final without him. That form carried on into this season.

Ramsey carried us, not Auba.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We were in the top 4 and got into the Europa League final when Ramsey was fit. I doubt we’d have beat Napoli without him. Lacazette scored goals playing with Ramsey.

We dropped out and lost the Europa league final without him. That form carried on into this season.

Ramsey carried us, not Auba.
:lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah sorry, I liked Ramsey too but I’m not rolling with that one at all.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Ramsey was not our best player last season.

You said without Ramsey we won't have finished 5th.
He only scored 8 goals in the league ffs
It's not like we would have finished 5th without Auba's goal either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom