Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

That's an incredibly hard pass to pull off, world class players have difficulties with that, never mind a novice like Eddie.

Arteta opted to omit the only player who's capable to pull it off to play a bunch of kids.

2. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

I can’t stand any of our older players bar Leno really. Hoping they all leave.

roz and oh to be a goon like this.
  3. Make

Make Active Member

I will understand if Aubameyang wants to leave and I won't blame him for that. We don't deserve him

truth_hurts likes this.
  4. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

Does anybody really want to pay him a king's ransom after his last couple of performances? Get rid. Get as much as we can whilst we can.

roz likes this.
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I never understood why we using as winger he is 25-30 goals striker we wasting tow positions so we can fit either of Eddie or laca instead of using a winger like Saka and play auba upfront

6. roz

roz Well-Known Member

**** off

7. Get These Hands

He spends most of the match in the middle. So that's not really an excuse.

We don't move the ball quick enough to play him up top on his own.

8. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Have you seen him play as lone striker for us?

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I know he is striker that depend so much on service since his days at Dortmund but he still great in the box just can't keep him wasted on wings

10. Get These Hands

He's not on the wings though? Like I said, he spends most of the match next to Laca in the middle. He only moves out wide when we don't have the ball.

roz likes this.
  11. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

Anyone have a replay of the var from his dissalowed goal fro offside? The var put the line for the last defender in the middle of the defenders foot, and took about 1 second to make the decision. This was in complete contrast with taking 3-4 minutes with that martinelli thing earlier this year

12. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

he is ALL of our goals...

but I can see all sides agreeing that a sale in the summer might be the right option for all

he isn't getting better, and would ask for the kind of contract that we shouldn't really be giving anyone given our position.

13. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

He deserves more than this.

14. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

The Auba situation is quite complex I think. We can't offer him anything trophy wise and on the pitch he must see that he's working with absolute **** players too. That means if we want him to stay we need to give him astronomical wages, a bonus for winning the CL for example means **** all.

I'm not a fan of that. We've seen the same with Walcott and Özil for example. But on the other side, he's our best striker and if we lose him, who do we get? And that fee is probably astronomical too. We can't have Lacazette or Nketiah leading the line, that's for sure.

Nicenho likes this.
  15. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

I see very little benefit to keeping him. We’re mid table with him.

The amount he could add to our transfer budget is greater than what he provides to the team.

16. Nicenho

Nicenho Active Member

And could you even imagine where we would be without him and all the goals he have scored? You speak nonsense.

17. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Erm that’s the whole point. :lol:

You want to give insane wages to a player that at best has kept us mid table and has to play wide instead of rebuilding.

18. Nicenho

Nicenho Active Member

Why not build around instead of getting rid of our best players? The whole "point" seems so stupid.

19. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

You cant build a team around a player who is going to be there long term. You cant build a team around a player who has 2 years left in him.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  20. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Building around a 31 year old striker? Top plan there, don’t know why more teams aren’t doing it.