• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Controversial opinion but I'd sell. He'll be 34-35 by the time his new contract runs down and make no mistake, it'll be a big one. I just can't see him justifying a contract like that, especially as he ages.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
HUGE
Pls Arsenal board get this over the line

Controversial opinion but I'd sell. He'll be 34-35 by the time his new contract runs down and make no mistake, it'll be a big one. I just can't see him justifying a contract like that, especially as he ages.
Ur not wrong imo, the last thing we need is another Özil situation
His age needs to be a factor but I think considering that hes our only reliable goal threat and taking into account the young STs that we have coming up giving Auba a big contract makes all the sense in the world to me.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

AMN in the comments:
"Sign the contract bro, stop saying fofty."

Think this is all looking more positive now
Guess we only even have that chance due to Arteta though.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
You still don't understand, that Özil will not leave before his contract expires?
jessie-reaction-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it-breaking-bad-1380394858M.gif

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He needs to join Barcelona or something man, spending his final big contract here would be a mistake, it’s not like the fans will appreciate it.

Every off game fans will just moan about his age, his salary or how limited he is and personally I’d hate to see it, he deserves better.

Get himself some trophies and medals before he retires should be number 1 priority not f*cking around with these lot.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
If we manage to sign him up it'd be great. With Pepe, Saka, Martinelli and Nketiah with Laca being sold would be a pretty strong front line.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've said this before and it still stands. If we pay Auba £300k per week its still a cheaper option that trying to replace him. If I thought we could get £50m for him then my view may change but with 1 year left that wont happen. The guy is a goal machine, one of the top strikers in the world, at his age he will start to decline but after 4 years he'd still be better than Slacazette at his peak!

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well it would be 300k per week wages for 2-3 years plus a big loyalty and sign-on bonus.
I dont think keeping Auba (if he agrees to stay) is a cheaper option than us replacing him but hes our best player, keeping him should be priority.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think the guy guarantees 20 leagues goals a season for at least another 2 seasons. That alone is worth a mega deal in my opinion.

He's a really good athlete, rarely gets injured, and his game is reliant on movement inside the box more so than pace in my opinion, so I can see him being a top level player well into his 30's.

I think could potentially extend his career in a similar way Ronaldo has (obviously no comparison in the ability of the player).

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Anyway we can write on players contract that if a celebration causes injury, then wages will be forfeited and said player is fit. Everytime he flips after scoring a goal, I get nervous thinking he will mistime one of those.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think the guy guarantees 20 leagues goals a season for at least another 2 seasons. That alone is worth a mega deal in my opinion.

He's a really good athlete, rarely gets injured, and his game is reliant on movement inside the box more so than pace in my opinion, so I can see him being a top level player well into his 30's.

I think could potentially extend his career in a similar way Ronaldo has (obviously no comparison in the ability of the player).
I worry a lot about his age. His only strengths are pace, movement and finishing.
Once he lost his pace, he is done. And he would worth zero in value.

It's like as if Beckham suddenly lost his crossing ability, or as if Ronaldinho suddenly lost his dribbling ability. (but you know these attributes will not fade when a player gets old, pace will)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I worry a lot about his age. His only strengths are pace, movement and finishing.

It's like as if Beckham suddenly lost his crossing ability, or as if Ronaldinho suddenly lost his dribbling ability. (but you know these attributes will not fade when a player gets old, pace will)

I have never seen Auba has a pace reliant player, like someone like Theo, don't even see Pierre as "that" fast if I am honest.

Sure he's not Giroud slow, but it's not like he is Henry quick either...Auba's best attribute is his very clever movement, that won't really decline at any point unless Auba declines mentally...and I don't think that will ever happen, as he loves scoring goals and winning golden boots.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

He's not only about pace, timing of his runs is world class and you don't lose that with age. He also showed he can create and is a willing runner in defence. He won't lose his finishing ability and has good height and heading ability. He can adjust his game when older imo.

If he puts pen to paper he can become a club legend here, 300k per week lets go, he's got at least 3 quality seasons in him easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom