• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

0_Aubameyang.jpg

Nationality: Gabon
51.png

Position: Striker/Winger
Height: 1.87 m
Dominant Foot: Right
Contract Until: 2021​

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
From little glimpses I've seen he seems really sharp and up for it. Physically looks stronger and confident so expecting him to have a banging season. Would like him to use his body more and get effectively involved in build up play or a higher work rate defensively to compensate.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I was reminded by Ornstein's interview; remember when there were question marks about Auba's attitude and potential negative influence over the dressing room?

Instead, I don't think his attitude and influence could be much better. He's lively, always smiling, has a positive attitude and is playing well, and it's so infectious and feels genuine. You just feel like the the club is more upbeat with him around. I like that in the interview, he also acknowledged that he didn't act well at the end of his Dortmund stint, I respect that. He was a great buy.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Our best player, seriously elite.

Nothing disappointed me more than when Arsenal fans turned on him last season, our best player by far but everyone threw him under the bus so quickly after a few bad games. Lacazette is much worse but he gets praised for doing much less, it hurts to see.

I just don't see why Arsenal fans seem to dislike Aubameyang.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Truly the black panther. He’s going to have yet another scoring season which keeps him in his elite bracket. Golden boot incoming

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The way people turned on him (it was only a few but still) was outright bizarre. What's funny is that he was accused of failing to score in big games but then ended up scoring vs Sp**s twice, United twice, 4 goals in 2 games vs Valencia, scored twice vs Rennes after being down in the first leg.

He's our best player, it's as simple as that, he was our best player last season despite the way our fans voted. He was the joint top scorer in the league. Scored more goals than the likes of Aguero and Kane. And it's pivotal that we give him the best chance of scoring this season and not trying to force him into an uncomfortable position just to accommodate as much less prolific scorer.

Strikers like Auba with his movement, constant danger, pace and finishing are very very rare. You could sign a player with better holdup play, more technical qualities and maybe with the ability to score goals from outside the box more (tho he managed to score a few screamers last season) but you'll probably lose what you get with Auba in terms of him always being in the right place at the right time. The only striker I can think of who fits the attributes of what Auba both has and lacks is Aguero, and even then Auba outscored him in the league.

And btw to do what he did vs United after missing the penalty a week before took serious balls. Plenty of strikers would have shy'd away but Auba was happy to take the ball from Laca and put it away.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Fancy him to score another 20 goals again this season. A good total for someone playing on the left.

DasBootist

Fancy him to score another 20 goals again this season. A good total for someone playing on the left.
His starting position may be wider than he prefers, but his movement is so on point that it doesn't affect his ability to get into scoring positions.

He should be aiming to surpass his very respectable 30 goal return from last season. Hopefully he'll score close to 40.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

18/19: 31 goals
17/18: 31 goals
16/17: 40 goals
15/16: 39 goals

Unbelievably consistent.

41 goals 12 assists in 65 appearances for arsenal.
We need to get him back into his 35+ range. The guy is a goalscoring machine, top scorer in the league but also had the most big chances missed. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He look amazing in pre-season in great shape another 30 goals a season coming from him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's our best player, it's as simple as that, he was our best player last season despite the way our fans voted
I don't think he was our best player, but he is definitely the one who will score most goals. He struggles so much on the ball and because of that I just can't see him being what you are describing.
That could change if he plays CF. Having fewer touches in the build up, his flaws would be hidden and he would only do what he does best.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
How Özil only got two league assists with this guy playing up front is beyond me.

I fully expect Auba to bag 30 league goals with Ceballos, Pepe and Luiz coming into the side.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
We need to get him back into his 35+ range. The guy is a goalscoring machine, top scorer in the league but also had the most big chances missed. :lol:

He has looked clinical the last 2 months of the season and in pre-season he has continued that form.

Think of his games against Napoli, Valencia and Burnley end of last season. He has continued that this pre season and looked sharp as a razor.

He will always find himself in scoring positions but now we are seeing an Auba more willing to use his speed to dribble at players, and one more efficient in his finishing. He’s gonna have a monster season. Our most important player by a country mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom