• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I thought the window closes at 11pm GMT. If thats correct, why is the AM countdown clock linked to midnight 🤔

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our we at least doing a goodbye video for him, or a goodbye message, or something?

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
If there was no way back for him in Arteta's plans, then this is the best outcome, but it's still such a questionable decision.

If we had brought in someone to replace him, this would be more understandable, and in fact, applaudable, but with things as is, this is an L for us when you consider the players we'll have to rely on in his stead.

Ideally, with our strike force in its current state, Arteta probably should have swallowed his pride and reintegrated him into the team, because like it or not, you'd reckon he's still our best goalscorer even with the **** form he's shown this season.

Also, the way this has been handled just leaves a bad taste. Especially when you consider this isn't the first time we've "thrown a player under the bus" (considering none of them were for criminal offenses). There's something called tact, and it seems we lack it based on what we've been repeatedly shown.

nas7232

Ludicrous decision - auba's wages were worth at least having him as a replacement for laca until his contract ended. Lots of players aren't interested in coming to Arsenal. Even bruno pied Arsenal for Newcastle.

Vibra

Established Member
Never much loved a striker with little technical ability. Very effective on his day though and a nice guy. Not gonna miss him too much though

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In shock tbh.

I guess it was good business but the club feels a bit soulless now.

Everyone is always asking for more ruthlessness but idk if this is a good thing? It leaves a bad taste in your mouth for sure, Arteta is genuinely a scary human being. :lol:

Pop Tart

Established Member
Good luck to him. People wanted him to fail when a new contract was muted after his fa cup heroics. They try and compare him to Özil but he has given more for the shirt and fans and was way more consistent for us before he signed that extension. Özil done **** all for a year and a half for us before his extension.

Auba was banging in goals for fun before arteta ruined him and rest of squad. Hope the smug fans who wanted auba to fail are happy right now

Auba was my guy, but from day one I argued often that he didn't fit, and he and Laca brought the worst out in each other.

Glad he is gone. Glad when Laca is gone.

Terrible buys from us but as I say they are my guys and I wish them all the best!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Nah, you misunderstood. Auba was world class, he reached that level in his career. No one in our squad now has done that. Very simple.
He could be world class in a counterattacking team, but for possession based teams he was just good or sometimes very good.
His world class attributes were speed and finishing, but his technique and work rate were suspect to say the least.

ChefMan21

My rationalisation:

Perhaps the best time for it, as he probably wouldn't have played for us again, meaning he would be that much harder to shift in the summer. That difficulty to shift would also be exacerbated by his age and apparent heart problem - increased risk as the months go on, sadly. Benefit to us is that we aren't carrying his salary on a recurring basis for the next couple of years, so that saving immediately goes back into the coffers.

The stupidity of it though is we didn't sign a replacement...

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I genuinely can’t wait to find out what happened. The only thing I can think of is auba maybe verbally abused him ??
It was either going to end now or the summer so whatever

em9999

My rainbows
Can't blame arteta for Wenger's mistake with him and Özil

Best shot of em both

But I do thank him for everything and wish him the best

• Red card
Reactions: Kav
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom