• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I said after Özil who are we going to hang on the cross next? I said Auba, and here we are.

Bellends talking about his wages.

If you want to be paid stupid money, multiple times what your teammates are being paid, then I do not think it is unreasonable to expect you to be happy to carry the cross for the team. If you can't do that then it is a dumb idea to give you a fat contract cause you are taking away resources that could be spent on multiple players.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Think it is a combination of all sort of factors. Age is a one for sure. Don't think it has affectid his pace that much. But a striker like Auba can't just forget to score? You can just see the doubt in his eyes. He knows that with the current tactic that there are not many chances to score, and when you bottle the few chances we get, it can get to you.

OSBK

Established Member
There are lots of factors to this. The main one for auba is we are not playing the type of free flowing football we were before and add to that the insane drop in quality we have in attacking and the big leap in quality in CB in the league. I have been quite harsh on auba since he signed his contract but even despite that massive drop in form and effort he is not entirely to blame for his demise and our attacking play demise. He has however shown in the Sp**s game for example he is capable of making a big physical impact on games. We have what we have though and this season and really our summer recruitment relies these big name players.

My huge worry for us this season is that top 4 purely relies on auba scoring goals for us period. If that doesn't happen for us then next season we could be in serious trouble if Sp**s decide to spend and Newcastle stay up.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

People are already looking to this summer when we get that striker and I personally can't wait, because it's going to be funny as hell.

It's not going to work because Arteta will still 100% be here. People will ask for Auba off the bench because he's still going to be here. It's so dumb but people never learn.

I had one dumb@ss trying to tell me that after spending around £150M this summer this still wasn't Arteta's team as he's not had the chance to blow another 100Ms or so on some forward players.

Never mind the fact that Arteta himself, this is Arteta; gave Auba around 300-350k a week only to lump him on the wing for almost half a season when it clearly wasn't working.

Jesus wept.......

I still feel like Auba is a great striker if he's put in a system where he's not being constantly shifted about all of the time and sure his miss against Everton was a little bit egregious but we create so little that every missed moment seems like a big deal.

Heck even Nketiah's miss whilst quite bad isn't out of the ordinary, strikers miss all of the time but we are so dysfunctional in attack that we are blaming players for missing the one or two good opportunities we create, but the obvious issue is our dogsh!t and maddeningly boring attacking approach.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Heck even Nketiah's miss whilst quite bad isn't out of the ordinary, strikers miss all of the time but we are so dysfunctional in attack that we are blaming players for missing the one or two good opportunities we create, but the obvious issue is our dogsh!t and maddeningly boring attacking approach.
People think Martinelli goal off the bench is normal :lol:

Coming in cold not being a regular player to score is difficult. Both Martinelli and Eddie have done well considering they have come from the wilderness.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
As others have pointed out, Auba still knows how to score but he isnt getting enough chances. We are still crying out for a creative CM, a player that can make things happen on their own. Create chances and score themselves, just like Cazorla used to, or Fab. I do think we need a new CF as well but in our current system a new CF alone wont solve the issue.

mirrorstares

Someone claimed after his "golden chance" (lol) miss that he was now Arteta out. Hopefully that's the case because he's still an influential figure in the squad and that will help us a lot.

I know the biggest problem here is Arteta, but it gets a bit tough to fully back up the players when they have been enabling this mediocrity for so long.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
As others have pointed out, Auba still knows how to score but he isnt getting enough chances. We are still crying out for a creative CM, a player that can make things happen on their own. Create chances and score themselves, just like Cazorla used to, or Fab. I do think we need a new CF as well but in our current system a new CF alone wont solve the issue.
Yes i agree certainly in theory but it seems harder to find in the modern game.
Part of that may be down to tactics & the way things have evolved in recent times?
Does the creative CM get the time to play the balls or strikers the space to run onto them? You dont see the leeway to 'carry' flair players like you may have done in the past.
A lot more goals nowadays seem to be through cutbacks or front players cutting inside from the channels rather than through balls.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm not sure about Auba, he looks dusted to me. You've got a lot of people on here willing to blame Arteta for absolutely everything, but Auba has been largely awful for over a year now. It can be both things together - Arteta getting the tactics wrong and Aubameyang declining as well.

On the highlighted bit above... That's Frenkie De Jong surely if there's any chance we can get him in the summer

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Agree that we need to create more for auba but just can't entirely absolve him of blame. He missed 2 penalties (thankfully went unpunished as we won both games), not expecting him to score every chance he gets in box but Newcastle and Watford games he missed absolute sitters without a gk in goal just because of his bad first touch. He has declined and we have to accept it. Hopefully, if we improve in creating chances, he can be a decent option to have for a year.

mirrorstares

Him on penalties is on Arteta, specially when someone more reliable like Lacazette is also on the pitch. His penalty skills famously cost us a top 4 place back then, so I would expect the manager to sort that out

Only crazy sitter is Newcastle giving them a quick watch, the Watford one only looks bad because he knows Saka is there, but it's a cross Foster managed to get a touch on and that he expected in a very different position

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Agree that we need to create more for auba but just can't entirely absolve him of blame. He missed 2 penalties (thankfully went unpunished as we won both games), not expecting him to score every chance he gets in box but Newcastle and Watford games he missed absolute sitters without a gk in goal just because of his bad first touch. He has declined and we have to accept it. Hopefully, if we improve in creating chances, he can be a decent option to have for a year.
He's just been so bad at times. Stole a goal from Ødegaard as well. I'm really not sure what's gone wrong with Auba, but we can't absolve him of blame when other players have had good runs of form.

Fabregasm

He's just been so bad at times. Stole a goal from Ødegaard as well. I'm really not sure what's gone wrong with Auba, but we can't absolve him of blame when other players have had good runs of form.

He was playing as bad as the form of this hairstyle

0_ExatDkIWQAMwT3Hjpeg.jpg

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Auba is hanging himself on the cross. All we do is watch and confirm it.

Özil was something else, man took days off pretending to be "ill" as if he worked in the mines or some tough factory.
Compromised immune system, missing away games, passive agressive tweets, side hustles, politics, public philanthropy, press leaks, army of followers willing to die for him.

Nothing will ever even come anywhere close to Özil again. God willing.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Auba has always been a flaky finisher tbf even when he was banging the goals in whether at Dortmund or with us.

Of course he's missed some sitters lately, that's undeniable, but in a system like this your almost asking the attacker to take every half chance he gets. Kind of like asking a defender or a midfielder to not make any mistakes during the course of a match which would take quite a bit of doing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still feel he will go on another run, once he gets a goal... he's very much a confidence player, just needs some luck and for a ball to bounce of his back and go in, to get s bit of form back.

He has to get 100 Arsenal goals, will be gutted if he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom