• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel it's definitely the latter.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
His goal summersault celebration will accelerate his ageing. Right now he’s playing for the wrong manager and being completely wasted
Or the right manager seeing as Arteta will help ensure the goals are kept to a minimum.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Hasn't lost his pace and doesn't get enough chances in matches to fairly judge whether he's lost his finishing ability or not. I'd say it's pretty fair to say you don't lose that overnight though.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't think he's lost much physically. I think it's the unfortunate combo of a guy who is very comfortable both financially and with his status in the dressing room who is not being helped by the manager but doesn't have the fire to fight and get himself going again. Auba has elite talent and a very average mentality. That's just the truth of the matter. I wouldn't argue against anyone saying he's being hurt by the manager's stupidity but nobody can tell me that it's keeping him up at night or that he's doing all he can to better contribute and turn things around because that's obviously not the case.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Over the hill or shackled? I honestly don't know on this one. Chance creation gets talked up a lot, but are there any numbers showing how this has dropped off or changed? We've seen how he was overperforming his xG and now under performs.

His general play last season looked so much worse to me in most games than the year before. Used to think he was basically fine on the left wing but last year he was awful. But he's still quick for sure. Wonder whether he's lost a bit of acceleration or like @Batman said it could be desire... Or just the malaise affecting the whole team from the coaching set up.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Shackled. You dont from good to **** overnight as some were claiming after the 3rd league game of last season. A full season of arteta has ruined him and other players.

Forum members on here wanted him to have a crap season as justification for the contract he signed. ****ing wankers

Haphazard

As I said before a few player losing form means that those players need to shape up

Currently everyone is out of form even the reliable Tierney seems poor. This suggests the players are either not playing for Arteta or Arteta cannot get the best out of them.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
A bit of a both. The new contract has probably made him relax and time out. Probably dissalusioned under Arteta while playing as a left wingback and not getting in the box enough.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Over the hill or shackled? I honestly don't know on this one. Chance creation gets talked up a lot, but are there any numbers showing how this has dropped off or changed? We've seen how he was overperforming his xG and now under performs.

His general play last season looked so much worse to me in most games than the year before. Used to think he was basically fine on the left wing but last year he was awful. But he's still quick for sure. Wonder whether he's lost a bit of acceleration or like @Batman said it could be desire... Or just the malaise affecting the whole team from the coaching set up.
Yeah it’s the decline in general play that’s worried me more tbh, that’s what might hint at him not being dialled in.

When he’s at his best he’s serviceable in possession and can actually create for himself once in a while. I blame Arteta’s system for the lack of goals but Auba isn’t enjoying his football and it’s showing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not sure the new contract has that much of an effect tbh.

Auba isn’t a young player signing that first big deal, he was already wealthy before this deal I think he just doesn’t enjoy his role in the team and the results we are getting and at this level even a 5% drop in motivation would be noticeable.

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not sure the new contract has that much of an effect tbh.

Auba isn’t a young player signing that first big deal, he was already wealthy before this deal I think he just doesn’t enjoy his role in the team and the results we are getting and at this level even a 5% drop in motivation would be noticeable.
I hate to make the comparison but look at Auba vs Kane. Last year when Mourinho was stinking the place up, Kane was having his best season because he was determined to try to drag them to results. You'd see him dropping deeper and doing what he needed to do to make things happen within the framework of Mourinho's system and as a result his assists went through the roof along with his usual high rate of scoring. You can tell that even if he's frustrated with the system, Kane is still going to search for ways to perform within that system because it means something to him, even if it's only his individual numbers he cares about. With Auba, I just don't see any of that. It's like the system isn't benefitting him and he's just kind of sulking about it but there's no attempt on his part to figure out a way to force his way into games. You literally can go a half without hearing his name. That's nothing to do with ability and everything to do with mentality.

If you put Henry, Anelka, Judas or even Giroud into this exact same disjointed setup, they would find ways to impose themselves in spite of conditions being less than ideal. Auba just doesn't have the will to do that and you cannot succeed with your best player being defeatist. It's impossible. He absolutely would look better under a manager with a more cogent system that better utilizes his strengths but it's very disappointing for a guy with his ability to just bury his head rather than really hunt for a solution. You would expect your club captain and highest earner to have the pride to go out there and find any way possible to perform to the level their talent suggests they should, even if that means confronting the manager to make the changes needed for that to happen. I doubt he's even gone to Arteta to address the issue and it's a shame.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Kane has his big move to play for he dgaf about systems at Tottenham. Anelka was infamously moody throughout his career when things weren’t going his way, so disagree there as well.

Henry when he was made to spearhead the last kiddy experiment cut the exact same frustrated figure as Auba. He was even worse, pounding the grass in frustration when Cesc didn’t make an inch perfect pass and sarcastically clapping his fledgling team mates.

The big move is all but done for Auba so if this team isn’t working it’s going to hit him harder motivation wise maybe? but those were terrible examples @Batman

The only guy who would give it a good old college try “just because” out of the names mentioned is probably Giroud. Even then it’s probably because he is overcompensating like Lacazette tends to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom