• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Mix

This is the most outrageously bad piece of management since I started supporting the Arsenal nearly 50 years ago.

To end up losing what is for for most football fans, I exclude half a dozen cretins on the internet, one of the most successful strikers in the world and end up not only not getting a sizeable transfer fee BUT PAYING A HUGE CHUNK OF HIS SALARY so he can play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.... that is the definition of EXTREME INCOMPETENCE.

Losing Auba - especially with our current goalscoring problems - would be a doubtful benefit, other than in freeing up money for wages, especially over undisclosed "crimes" of which only lateness has been mentioned. To pay money to get rid of him, I have not seen or heard of such a ridiculous bit of bad business in the history of the club or probably English football as a whole.

The manager, the management, the board and the owners deserve to be sacked and never work in football again. The depths of their ignorance and folly are truly unplumbable.

Last edited:

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
The fact that this "manager" has to send so many players into exile including our top scorer, really shows his ego is out of control.
Watch how auba bangs 20 goals under xavi while we got nkshitah leading our line missing open goals.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is the most outrageously bad piece of management since I started supporting the Arsenal nearly 50 years ago.

To end up losing what is for for most football fans, I exclude half a dozen cretins on the internet, one of the most successful strikers in the world and end up not only not getting a sizeable transfer fee BUT PAYING A HUGE CHUNK OF HIS SALARY so he can play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.... that is the definition of EXTREME INCOMPETENCE.

Losing Auba - especially with our current goalscoring problems - would be a doubtful benefit, other than in freeing up money for wages, especially over undisclosed "crimes" of which only lateness has been mentioned. To pay money to get rid of him, I have not seen or heard of such a ridiculous bit of bad business in the history of the club or probably English football as a whole.

The manager, the management, the board and the owners deserve to be sacked and never work in football again. The depths of their ignorance and folly are truly unplumbable.
It’s all to please one mans ego. Sadly when you have incompetent owner and board. Someone like Arteta can roam free and create havoc. It’s inexcusable that we are not even getting loan fee or getting his wages of the book just to help Barca get a striker so THEY can get CL next season. They must be laughing their ass off

OSBK

Established Member
A great day for the club. For years we have been plagued with dead wood and players who have fell off a cliff on huge wages. I have more respect atm for willian than auba, at least willian tore his contract and left when he was ousted. Barca atm is a step backward, the club is full of second rate players and mercs.

9jagooner

If we need a striker, why don’t we bring back Mavididi from French league? As former Arsenal youth player, I’m sure he won’t mind joining

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A great day for the club. For years we have been plagued with dead wood and players who have fell off a cliff on huge wages. I have more respect atm for willian than auba, at least willian tore his contract and left when he was ousted. Barca atm is a step backward, the club is full of second rate players and mercs.
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If it was the Auba of 2018, I could better have understood some of the reactions. In reality he has declined since he signed the contract, and it has been evident that the club has tried to ship him out for some time now.

The baffling thing is that we haven't procured a replacement. That for me is a rather reckless move. A side effect of the clearout, and our lack of signings, will be very high expectations for the summer window.

edit: BBC reporting the talks have broken down - Barcelona Aubameyang talks break down

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Agree completely with this.

How ridiculous is the situation of needing a striker, not being able to find one and then paying for the best striker out of the three we have to play for another club.

Dont care which side you are on in regard to Auba's discipline vs Arteta's rule, its just stupid and very childish that the club keeps sending players away with no benefit for the club.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
However, have just seen rumours the club is refusing to pay anything for him to play for Barca, still handled this in a very amateur fashion but atleast we arent paying towards it.

Still will be paying for him to do nothing though if Arteta dont grow up.

OSBK

Established Member
Horrible day for the club. Auba doesnt want to be here, barca didnt want to pay him a wage at all and that says everything. We are very close to taking utd's spot as clowns of the league.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Horrible day for the club. Auba doesnt want to be here, barca didnt want to pay him a wage at all and that says everything. We are very close to taking utd's spot as clowns of the league.

Close?

The difference with Utd is they can afford to replace there comical mistakes due to still being a commercial powerhouse, I'd say we're arguably top spot as our mistakes seem to drag on for a lot longer and the club acts like they cant do a thing about them.

W for Barca
Arsenal thought they got rid of Aubameyang and a big part of his huge salary, at least for 6 months.

Aubameyang thought he's going on a 6 months vacation in Barcelona.

Barca thought Arsenal will pay most of Aubameyang's salary.

Aubameyang then asked who will pay his 350K a week salary.

Barca put him on first plane to London.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
W for Barca
Arsenal thought they got rid of Aubameyang and a big part of his huge salary, at least for 6 months.

Kind of get where you're coming from but I wouldnt be calling that a W, they got a current strikeforce of Luuk De Jong and Martin Braithwaite, wasted time attempting to bring Aubameyang in and were expecting a charitable act from either Arsenal or Aubameyang for it too happen, far from a W actually, they again look like complete dopes.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
W for Barca

Thats all very well mate but the move is back on 😝

Gurru991

Giving players who are approaching 30 years of age massive contracts is a disaster !! Most offensive players start to lose a touch of pace and sharpness around that age. The problem becomes that you are stuck with them as no other team wants to even assume their contract even on a free.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Does Edu ever negotiate a deal? It feels like he just gives every player away for free and signs only with a release clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom