<

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Back To His Old Tricks

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Batman, Aug 1, 2020.

1. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We'll see what the problems in few hours hopefully everything sort out quickly family matters only come first no matter how professional you are.

Elwood and RacingPhoton like this.
  3. Jakarta

Jakarta Well-Known Member

Unless Sarri is your manager, read this to see how he violated Koulibaly

I would’ve put in a transfer request and told Sarri to go f himself.

DasBootist, Trilly, Camron and 8 others like this.
  4. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

The guy is going through some really tough time. Long time out of form on the field. Just when he got his goals back, he got some personal issues to resolve. Hope it is nothing serious.

Iceman10, Macho and Red London like this.
  5. Elite Smarts

Elite Smarts Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any idea what his personal issues are.

6. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Should’ve knocked out the chain smoking fraud.

Jakarta, Trilly and Camron like this.
  7. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter Trusted

No but its never a good idea to speculate

neimad likes this.
  8. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

DISCUSS

9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

I've been worried about Auba on the left for a long time, a very long time. Almost the first time he played there. I suspect we could get away with it against lesser teams but better teams would always stop it. Arteta actually managed to make it work last year, even against some good teams but even then I was told Auba was massively overperforming his xG.

My theory even two years ago when this experiment started was that Auba lacks the technique to play out wide and that our general play would suffer most of the time. I think many on here agreed with me but because we were somehow getting goals from Auba there most were willing to let it slide.

He has struggled this season, and there can be many reasons for that but I think one of the reasons is that Auba is just not cut for the general play out there. And when we have Laca who wants to be in the box most of the time, and Pepe who wants to do a similar thing as Auba and not being part of the general play we have three attackers who don't want to and are not that good at contributing to general play for 90 minutes.

I love Auba but I think we can improve a lot by not having him out wide and having an actual player there who is more involved in the general play!

10. novar

novar Well-Known Member

He would have scored the goal Pepe did today so meh, it's not like we ran riot on the left

REWB likes this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

I hope everything okay with him i know its not our business to know what going on but as player in the football club i guess we should know at least we'll understand and respect his privacy after that

12. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Say Yeh or You're Making The List Trusted

Prayers up for our captain <3

Trilly likes this.
  13. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner Posting While Meditating Trusted

I really hope everything is ok! Nice to see the players thinking of him in the celebrations

14. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

What is up with him though? Sounds quite serious with all the message Arsenal been posting on social media

15. yousif_arsenal

Arteta say Auba having difficult time and the W is for him. I can't take seeing a joyful guy like Auba have difficulty hopefully soon everything will return to normal

16. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

I wish him and his family well at this difficult time. As for our matches, winning well without him takes the pressure off or maybe plies it on. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing him play again-as long as he fits.

17. Macho

Macho Has Trust Issues With Processes Trusted

I ain’t gonna lie I heard it was something else, but seeing people dedicating the win to him, seems more serious.

18. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

We can also improve a lot by not having him central and having an actual player who is more involved in the general play.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  19. Trilly

Trilly Full-Time Respecter Of Women Trusted

We looked really good with three players who could dribble, shoot, cross and interchange behind Laca who can play one-twos with them.

It’s a challenge for the manager, a good headache to have because Auba is still our best player. He needs to find a way, that’s his job.

Macho and say yes like this.
  20. I know we shouldn’t speculate but if you search “Auba” on Twitter, a lot of people are saying he’s getting a divorce... whatever it is, hope our captain is doing okay.