• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't know where the art of putting the ball at the extreme ends has disappeared. Everyone is trying to be cheeky nowadays
I know what you mean. But if the keeper knows your pens, reads you're going for a corner and steals a yard off the line like they usually do, then the pen has to be very hard and accurate or he most probably gets something on it. De Gea will have studied Aubas pens before the match and he half flung himself to his left thinking Auba was going more conventional... More are trying to put it very high these days, I think. Seen some incredible pens under pressure lately.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I like the technique but regarding his stats how long has he been doing this technique for?

Because his stats compared to others like Hazard, Balo or Jorginho are pretty poor so if he's been using this technique all the time it's pretty poor.

I know he missed against City last season and didn't do do a penalty like this.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Hazard never smashes his penalties yet he seems to score them all.
Lloris really stood up so long and outwaited Auba. Auba and Hazard’s technique is all about making the goal keeper move first. Perhaps it was a mistake to do the same technique twice against Lloris, not so long after the last time. He learned from that one.

Hazard has the added advantage of being small, he can see the ball and look at the goalkeeper at the same time.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I don't know where the art of putting the ball at the extreme ends has disappeared. Everyone is trying to be cheeky nowadays

its funny. penalties shoud be smashed,yet barely anyone does it. at the same time, I miss cheeky shots from outside box, lobs, Bergkamp style of shooting when the angles show up, shots with technique level into it... yet, most players just go for wthe power, even when using some technique to it...
ironic

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think he's just going all-in on the dummy, so feels it doesn't matter how hard he hits it. Not my cup of tea tbh, and I hate watching him take pens. I couldn't look yesterday. I turned over, flicked back 5 minutes later and squinted at the top left corner of the screen to see if the shape of the one changed to a squiggly shape of a two... As you do. :lol: It'd have broken me had he missed.
I was in the stadium. I wished I was able to flick the channel as soon as Laca handed it to Auba, but the guy looked so much more confident than last week, I couldn't take my eyes off it.

Honestly I looked forward to this match for a while and paid a lot of money to see us play, but when Xhaka put us 1-0 up after 10 minutes I just wanted the game to end straight away :lol:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Favourite video on the psychology of penalty taking. The way he did it is the best style.

Picking a side and blasting it is way riskier than his method.

He just has to be brave and not take his eyes off the keeper like he did last week.

Few years ago in PL, there was that Burnley fullback who shot penalties and never missed any. He didn't use such clever techniques, just the good ol' pick your corner and smash it hard.

On penalty shootouts, the World Cup final in 2006 was fantastic, all penalties were shot with powerful accuracy.
Only Trezeguet flinched and France were out.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

o_O what? 15 cm difference won't change the perception of keeper and ball that much.
He can look at the goalkeeper and see the ball at the same time longer than Auba. Might seem a small difference but it’s a huge one for Hazard.

Wryer

Auba/Hazard's wait-and-shoot technique really needs balls of steel and you basically multitasking with 60k people watching you.

I'll probably smash my right foot against the left, with the ball trickling towards the touchline for a throw. And then I'll wipe up my pee. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He can look at the goalkeeper and see the ball at the same time longer than Auba. Might seem a small difference but it’s a huge one for Hazard.
I suppose I am small and in life I have only really seen the limitations of being small and not considered the other way around.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Few years ago in PL, there was that Burnley fullback who shot penalties and never missed any. He didn't use such clever techniques, just the good ol' pick your corner and smash it hard.

On penalty shootouts, the World Cup final in 2006 was fantastic, all penalties were shot with powerful accuracy.
Only Trezeguet flinched and France were out.

Yes I do remember Graham Alexander, he was ridiculously good at hitting just inside the post.

Although even then I’d say he was on a bit of a hot streak when he was originally playing in the PL.

He ended up missing a couple in the lower leagues after his relegation and had four misses over his senior career.

Hazard meanwhile has still only missed six penalties in competitive matches. I think guys like Alexander are the exception to the rule in terms of leathering the ball.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
give me a 50 year old Recoba to take a pen anyday of the week over Hazard or anyone else playing today

Untitled-design-3-2.png

Penalty GOAT.

33 scored, 4 missed. Actually ridiculous considering he's a terrible goal scorer otherwise :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom