• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Bayern lost the tie in first leg.
They dominated the game, had some unbelievable chances and fluffed them all.

On the other side it is good to see the Bayern gang get humiliated like that.
Mane's opener was a direct result of sheer arrogance by Neuer. Their team and their tax-dodging execs deserved that :)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Scored two of the 3 goals we needed to put us safely through. Couldn't give a toss about those he missed. Proper 'glass half full' stuff, that is. Sort of crap like 'if we'd beat blah and blah and got a point at blah, we'd be top of the league' sort of guff.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Scored two of the 3 goals we needed to put us safely through. Couldn't give a toss about those he missed. Proper 'glass half full' stuff, that is. Sort of crap like 'if we'd beat blah and blah and got a point at blah, we'd be top of the league' sort of guff.
Let's not forget the assist, it was a beauty.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
22 goals so far this season he is on target to finish 30 goals a season and that would be great in his full season with us.

32 goals in 50 goals in his Arsenal career so far. That's really not bad considering our team lack width

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
yeah, of course I'm being tongue in cheek here and go by football sayings. And with that: you score 4, concede 4 - if you score another you still win ;)

I'm seriously just breaking this down, because - not right now, but a few weeks back - there was criticism that Auba doesn't do enough and he was still scoring at that time. And everyone gets so into this "modern" striker type that drops deep and helps play - which by the way is a big myth anyway in my opinion - that they come up with stuff like "scoring goals is not enough". So, well, if you put it really simply: It basically is, though. So criticism like "25 to 35 goals a season is not enough" is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.
You win by scoring goals, you score goals by creating chances, not contributing to the team play equals less possession, less possession means less chances created, less chances created means the team will collectively score less goal in the long run.

Last edited:

ThlRama

Player:Saka
All top strikers miss sitters, be it Aguero, Griezmann, or whoever... Fair enough to say that Auba's finishing hasn't been at its best this season, but let's not make a fuss for every single miss for goodness' sake.

pikey2000

Scored goals consistently wherever he has been, fastest striker to reach 25 goals in our clubs history, who gives a crap if he misses some sitters, he bounces back and gets on with it, he has 4 goals in his last 7 games and has been on a bad run! laughable.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You win by scoring goals, you score goals by creating chances, not contributing to the team play equals less possession, less possession means less chances created, less chances created means the team will collectively score less goal in the long run.
Disagree
Counter attacking teams can create more chances with less possession and proven to be more successful in cups.
i.e Spain, with all their possession football created the least amount of chances in World Cup compared to France.

For a forward, being clinical is more important than being a team player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom