Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Very much hits it on the head. It's not even about position really. You could see both forwards drift out wide on both sides and they're generally comfortable out there as long as they end up getting into scoring positions. Klopp and Tuchel both used Auba on the wing - not as a midfielder but as a second striker running into space and drifting in from the wings, kind of like Muller during his best days. As long as he's more in a midfield role out wide it's going to be hard for him. Auba has to play as a striker released into space, no matter if he goes through the centre or comes in from the wings.

2. Oh-Zeal

Oh-Zeal Member

I think at times he wants to dazzle and try and build up play. At this stage of his career he just should focus on his off the ball movement. Have a feeling with the set of players we have we will still ay 3 at the back. Our front line should be him on the left Lacazette and a new out and out winger.

3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Wasn't good enough. Been going through a real dip lately. Needs to get himself together soon!

4. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Sell him in summer

5. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

:lol:

DasBootist likes this.
  6. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

I couldn’t agree more

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  7. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Will need to step it up big time come squeaky bum part of the season. i have faith, he is world class. but underperformed recently

8. Gunner for good

Gunner for good New Member

I feel we are a stronger team when they play together, the opposition seems to give us more respect which can give us an advantage in other areas of the pitch

9. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

I like both strikers but Tir Na Nog is right.

Auba’s strength is his pace to exploit the space behind defenders. That’s great against attacking teams with a higher defensive line. And that’s why auba scored so many goals against top teams.
    But he underperform against bottom teams, which their defenders sit deep and tight.

I’m not against starting him, but I just think people who question emery’s decision on this doesn’t quite understand how tactic works.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  10. say yes

say yes To VAR

He’s a top player but I actually think his pace as an asset is overrated. Doesn’t have the strength or technical ability to truly make use of it.

Not world-class but he’s an excellent goalscorer that we’re lucky to have.

11. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

I agree. Few of his goals have come from running through on goal and he`s not that dangerous when it comes to running at players either. His movement in the box is superb though, probably even better than both RvP and Henry in my opinion.

12. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

Looked better when he played on the left.

13. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

I don't get why Arsenal fans are so quick to turn on Auba but give other players who are worse way more leeway.

Rain Dance likes this.
  14. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

Anyone who thinks we should sell Aubameyang or Lacazette is an absolute idiot.

15. Beast Incarnate

Beast Incarnate Well-Known Member

I had so much expectation for him this season. I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed.

Too many games where he's invisible and has no impact on games at all.

Laca at least has better all round play and contributes more than goals.

16. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

No idiots on these here message boards thank god

Token Yank likes this.
  17. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Henry maybe but Judas was absolutely unreal in that respect. Never really had any pace but absolutely devastating movement and insanely clinical. His last couple of years with us and that first year at United he was unreal. Henry didn't really develop the true poacher movement until his legs started to go because he didn't need it. Just too much pace and power and could score from anywhere. While he's nowhere near as good, thankfully Auba has already developed the movement needed to avoid turning into a pumpkin as he loses pace. He's a bit ahead of Thierry was at this stage of his career in that regard.

18. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Lucky to have? We're The Arsenal.

My standards are, and will always be: Henry, Wright, Bergkamp, Anelka, Van Persie.

Our current two guys are great, but I wouldn't bank on either digging us out of a hole, e.g. last Sunday.

Football Manager likes this.
  19. Hope

Hope Less

He will always look bad when he doesn't score.

He is like that only but its frustrating.

20. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

I long for the days of Lucas Perez and Giroud. Should probably look into a player swap for Alberto Moreno and Divock Origi while he still has some value.

SuperGoon and progman07 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.