• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Maybe off the ball sometimes. But has he done it on the ball? He's not even half a Thierry in that regard.
No, he’s more a chaser than a dribbler tbf. He’s quick with the ball at his feet, but he’s vulnerable to defenders who are pretty quick. He’s got quite a big stride with a high knee lift. He’s no Henry is that regard. Henry was not only lightening, he was s strong runner with the ball. He’d keep his cadence even if a defender made contact. Auba will get unbalanced and lose speed.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No, he’s more a chaser than a dribbler tbf. He’s quick with the ball at his feet, but he’s vulnerable to defenders who are pretty quick. He’s got quite a big stride with a high knee lift. He’s no Henry is that regard. Henry was not only lightening, he was s strong runner with the ball. He’d keep his cadence even if a defender made contact. Auba will get unbalanced and lose speed.
Have to admit, i can see why @Tourbillion disagrees. He hasn't really showcased his pace at all.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yes, which was a very rare occasion this season. I see he did have sinus infection and this may play a part but I just haven't seen him really use his pace as an outright weapon for destruction of defenders.
It depends what people define as speed on a football pitch. He is clearly a very fast runner and if he’s put through on goal he’ll be long gone. If somebody plays a decent pass into a channel with space in front of him for him to attack he will go clear with the ball and it’s a case of him either come inside in shooting or square one up. If he’s got space in front of him his speed is much more of a weapon. I can’t recall anybody beating him in a foot race with a ball in front of him. I’d be happy to see any evidence of him being beaten in a level start foot race.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It depends what people define as speed on a football pitch. He is clearly a very fast runner and if he’s put through on goal he’ll be long gone. If somebody plays a decent pass into a channel with space in front of him for him to attack he will go clear with the ball and it’s a case of him either come inside in shooting or square one up. If he’s got space in front of him his speed is much more of a weapon. I can’t recall anybody beating him in a foot race with a ball in front of him. I’d be happy to see any evidence of him being beaten in a level start foot race.
Look, I'm not suggesting he isn't fast. He clearly is. My problem is that we haven't been shown that pace too often. Now that may not be all down to Auba... If Xhaka isn't spraying balls up to our runners, who is?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He's quick, but weak. Always surprises me that a guy who is 6'2 gets bullied off the ball so easily.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not saying lump it up all the time but balls over or through balls should be used more as we have his pace. And before some of you say we don’t have any creative mids, at EPL level any player should be capable of picking a decent through ball
Definitely agree with this. But would add that if we are bogged down in our half with few chances I have no problem playing hoofball to secure a point or snatch 3 in an away game...

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If this guy didn’t miss when it matters we would have had top 4. I know we have bigger problems but still, he shouldn’t be a problem too. Lord save us if he has to score the late winner in the EL final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom