• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would you do sell if you can get world class wide player or CB for that? I would, his game is based on movement and pace, and he will start losing that very soon. If we could get young top quality player for that money, I would pack his bags tomorrow.
The problem is, there is a bigger chance we would waste that money on another Xhaka and Özil's wages than reinvesting it properly. For that reason we are safer to keep him here
This kinda response is exactly what I am looking for, cant keep these on the transfer rumour thread

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why are people getting hysterical? With our budget it’s worth a debate at least, if selling one of our strikers to fund players elsewhere is a good idea.

It’s a forum, it’s for discussing such things,
Certain things are ridiculous to discuss. We have just come out of a period (2012 - 2017) where we sat on here and moaned about not having a decent striker. Now you all want to discuss selling the Golden Boot winner. What. the. actual. F***.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Certain things are ridiculous to discuss. We have just come out of a period (2012 - 2017) where we sat on here and moaned about not having a decent striker. Now you all want to discuss selling the Golden Boot winner. What. the. actual. F***.
Or Lacazette? We need funds. Or we keep both and build the rest of the team on a budget.

I’m not pushing either being sold, despite me not ratting either of them, both are rubbish.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Or Lacazette? We need funds. Or we keep both and build the rest of the team on a budget.

I’m not pushing either being sold, despite me not ratting either of them, both are rubbish.
Prefer the initial option. Strikers are often some of the most costly players to replace. If we lose ours now we're starting all over again. We have massive deficiencies in other areas. Our strikers are not the problem... Leaking goals every 20 minutes played is though...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Surely his contract does not expire in 2021?

We only signed him in January 2018. Thats a 3.5 year contract. For a player we spent 50m on. Crikey. He either signs a new deal or has to go. End of next season he will be in the last year of his deal.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
In the Laca thread some people were demanding we sell him. Come in here and I see a discussion, albeit not many about if it is best to cash in on Auba. Is there an Arsenal Mania in-joke I'm not aware of? Like has the word 'keep' been substituted for 'sell'? If we didn't have issues all over the pitch it would make sense but when we have so many weaknesses in the team it doesn't make sense to identify one of the strongest area as a problem.

Anyway I'm off now to the Leno thread. To put forward a discussion we should sell him. Perhaps replace him with one of the youth prospects and use the money to strengthen elsewhere on the pitch.

Last edited:

Keplaz

I think we need a functional team and we aren't going to make progress with Auba and Laca bailing us out of poor performances. Whilst, I'm not advocating the sale of Auba, if the money is spent in the right areas, maybe more people will contribute rather than relying on outscoring the opposition.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I think we need a functional team and we aren't going to make progress with Auba and Laca bailing us out of poor performances. Whilst, I'm not advocating the sale of Auba, if the money is spent in the right areas, maybe more people will contribute rather than relying on outscoring the opposition.

Yes you're right. We need a functional team. Were we aren't relying as much on our strike force. But the easiest and most logical way to do that is by strengthening the weaker areas first. After all you are only as good as your weakest link. What you don't do however is start tinkering with the one area where you doing well. Worse case scenario, we get rid of Laca or Auba....and the replacement doesn't work. We end up being weak everywhere. In a weird way we might actually get a functioning team then..as in the whole team is functioning in same way, being cluess.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Once we sorted out the weaker areas and the team is still struggling then we can look at addressing Auba and laca's shortcomings.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Let's sell the only two good players in our team so that we can finish in the bottom half of the table this year like we would have done without them this season.
Okay, i'll admit, I'm loving your sarcasm of late.

Mustafi
Jenkinson
Elneny
Kola
Mikhi
Özil

We should get rid in that order.

Reactions: Jae

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
One full season with Lacazette and Aubameyang where both have been excellent and we are talking about selling them so we can replace with more of Emerys old pals.

We don't deserve good things.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If you replace Lacazette with a winger who matches his output this team goes up a level.

We are not idiots, let's not treat our fellow posters like idiots. 99% of people talking about selling Laca/Auba are clearly thinking about making the team better as a unit.

For example Zaha matches Laca's goal contribution if you include the penalties he won. That's before you think of the benefits to the team as a whole as Auba can now play exclusively in the middle, Kola will have even more space to flop his crosses, our creative midfielders will have another outlet and we'll finally have a natural wideman in the squad.

Jae

Mustafi
Jenkinson
Elneny
Kola
Mikhi
Özil

Thanks mate :lol: can't help it unfortunately! Think you are spot on with the order as well!
If you replace Lacazette with a winger who matches his output this team goes up a level.

We are not idiots, let's not treat our fellow posters like idiots. 99% of people talking about selling Laca/Auba are clearly thinking about making the team better as a unit.

For example Zaha matches Laca's goal contribution if you include the penalties he won. That's before you think of the benefits to the team as a whole as Auba can now play exclusively in the middle, Kola will have even more space to flop his crosses, our creative midfielders will have another outlet and we'll finally have a natural wideman in the squad.

You say that mate but there's absolutely no guarantee that we sell him and A) the money gets reinvested and B) we get the winger that'll perform at the level we need. I'd rather stick with what with have, two fantastic strikers who guarantee goals.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Let's sell the only two good players in our team so that we can finish in the bottom half of the table this year like we would have done without them this season.

The only two good players.. :lol:

Laca is at the same level as the rest of the squad. Average af.

Auba sets himself apart with the great amount of goals. Would be scoring even more if he wasn't exposed to play on the wings to fit in the far inferior player in Lacazette. That's the reason people want him sold, as Trilly explained, get a real winger in instead of this tinkering bollocks.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You say that mate but there's absolutely no guarantee that we sell him and A) the money gets reinvested and B) we get the winger that'll perform at the level we need. I'd rather stick with what with have, two fantastic strikers who guarantee goals.
Yeah I hear you, but I'm just explaining the point for those who don't see it.

In theory I'd immediately sell either of the two (preferably Laca) if we could get a natural wideman who matches his end product.

In real life I'd probably stick with what we've got because I don't trust this board one bit. As much as I don't rate Unai Emery Etxegoien I have to say that having to make two strikers work is yet another headache he's had to deal with.

edit: I tried to call him B U M E R Y and it came out as whatever that is, I really thought I was the first to come up with such a creative nickname:lol:

edit 2: Didn't realise Extegoien was his surname, thought it was a glitch lmao.

Jae

Yeah I hear you, but I'm just explaining the point for those who don't see it.

In theory I'd immediately sell either of the two (preferably Laca) if we could get a natural wideman who matches his end product.

In real life I'd probably stick with what we've got because I don't trust this board one bit. As much as I don't rate Unai Emery Etxegoien I have to say that having to make two strikers work is yet another headache he's had to deal with.

Fair enough mate! Like you say I think it's the board that's the problem.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Well you don't like anyone or anything so I think I'll take your opinion with a pinch of salt thanks very much :lol:

Since you're so far up on your faves like Emery and average players like Lacazette and Torreira, then that's fair enough.

Reactions: Jae

MustOezil

Mustafi
Jenkinson
Elneny
Kola
Mikhi
Özil

i love Özil but if he needs to go, he needs to go first. Freeing up 350kpw will allow us to be more aggressive in the market early on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom