• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Making our "best" player captain is where we've gone wrong at times tbh. They should be free to look after themselves unless it comes naturally.

Also helps if they are not frontline, as attacking positions are notoriously up and down form wise. Its rare to be perfect all season long and the coach needs to be free to pick who's in the best form without additional politics.

Tierney and Rob are good candidates for the future, a bit young for me though.
For me, the armband should stay with Laca since he's always working hard no matter what his form is and the likes of ESR and Saka look up to him, hence why they work so well together.

Legend14

Established Member
I hope Auba agrees that the crime warrants the punishment otherwise there could be another falling out with a star player.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

For me, the armband should stay with Laca since he's always working hard no matter what his form is and the likes of ESR and Saka look up to him, hence why they work so well together.
I think Laca is a fine rotating captain, but that's the thing he is (rightfully imo) rotated.

Also can't see him here next season. Hopefully in Auba's final year assuming he's not a guaranteed starter anymore there will be a vice captain in place who would pretty much be captain (much like Arteta when he was a player here).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Is Bellerin not the vice captain...it just gets worse and worse :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Is Bellerin not the vice captain...it just gets worse and worse :lol:
lol..

Are you even confident that guy survives the summer? Like Laca I am not convinced he is actually part of the process.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tierney is the best fit I think. He takes no **** for anyone. Didn't Arsenal players cry first when he started here because he trained with too much intensity? He is also a consistent performer and has a lot of passion! Not to mention he does embrace Wim Hof method a little bit!

This is a brilliant post! Bravo! Put a huge smile on my face to see this kind of insightful and analytical analysis of Arsenal football club. Thank you.

Riou

lol..

Are you even confident that guy survives the summer? Like Laca I am not convinced he is actually part of the process.

Don't have any evidence, just a hunch...but I feel if Laca is told to go by Mikel, that he won't be played much...Laca will look to leave for game time, even if he has to take a wage cut, he looks to type to want to play...at this point, I don't have the same faith in Hector, tbh.

Unless a PSG, Barca or Juventus come in for Hector, he won't leave, regardless what Arteta tells him...Mikel could tell him too his face... "Bells, you are my 3rd choice fullback, behind Cedric and a new signing" ...all he will be thinking is "Great...more time for my activism!"

Hector is a brand now, that comes before football.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We heard all that BS stories out of Dortmund when he came here about him behind the scenes and that has been proven to be totally made up nonsense.

This is the first error we've heard about him making off the pitch that I can think of so I'm glad that it wasn't anything more serious than being late. Still as Captain of this club that is something that shouldn't be happening and Arteta made the correct decision. Auba has to lead by example as I'm sure Mikel did when he was Captain of the club.

I think Arteta calling him out in public for it could turn out to be a good bit of man management and hopefully light a bit of fire in Auba. Auba seems such a nice guy but I'd love to see him play with a touch of anger after this.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Out of contract in two years, how he wants to be remembered is up to him. Head down and get 50 goals in that time or go down as a lanky Theo Walcott.

Simple as.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Don't have any evidence, just a hunch...but I feel if Laca is told to go by Mikel, that he won't be played much...Laca will look to leave for game time, even if he has to take a wage cut, he looks to type to want to play...at this point, I don't have the same faith in Hector, tbh.

Unless a PSG, Barca or Juventus come in for Hector, he won't leave, regardless what Arteta tells him...Mikel could tell him too his face... "Bells, you are my 3rd choice fullback, behind Cedric and a new signing" ...all he will be thinking is "Great...more time for my activism!"

Hector is a brand now, that comes before football.
I mean I don't know how true it is, but there we're several reports saying he was open to the PSG move but Arteta pleaded for one more season.

For a club that pleads poverty you'd think we would take the money and run but I choose to believe this. I would be surprised to see Bellerin and Laca here next season. Very surprised.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I mean I don't know how true it is, but there we're several reports saying he was open to the PSG move but Arteta pleaded for one more season.

For a club that pleads poverty you'd think we would take the money and run but I choose to believe this. I would be surprised to see Bellerin and Laca here next season. Very surprised.
I don't think I could support this club if we sold Heccy and he left London

Legend14

Established Member
We heard all that BS stories out of Dortmund when he came here about him behind the scenes and that has been proven to be totally made up nonsense.

This is the first error we've heard about him making off the pitch that I can think of so I'm glad that it wasn't anything more serious than being late. Still as Captain of this club that is something that shouldn't be happening and Arteta made the correct decision. Auba has to lead by example as I'm sure Mikel did when he was Captain of the club.

I think Arteta calling him out in public for it could turn out to be a good bit of man management and hopefully light a bit of fire in Auba. Auba seems such a nice guy but I'd love to see him play with a touch of anger after this.

This psychology can completely backfire. This is why it is rare for a manager to publicly announce such internal matters. How many of these announcements have we had in PL?

Riou

Tony Adams kept the armband after going to jail for drink driving.

John Terry kept the armband after cheating on his wife with his best mate's ex, called Anton a horrible word too.

Steven Gerrard kept the armband after beating the **** out of someone at a pub.

But Auba is late...and that's it for him?

Maybe all Pierre needs is a wake up call in regards to his lateness, something like this could solve it sharpish...as long as both Arteta and Auba don't linger on this (I don't think they will) this is probably already dealt with.

Auba isn't a great captain, but he certainly isn't a bad one...all the young players have spoken of how good he is with them, he is probably the most repsected figure of the playing squad atm...when Auba goes someone like Tierney will be a more "tradational captain", more in the mould of a Adams or Vieira...but for now, Auba is a perfectly acceptable captain.

Maybe a public apology from Pierre, but nothing worse than that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom