• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

MikeVinna

Established Member
Arteta needs to stop with shoehorning Laca and Auba in together. They are both CF’s and both can’t play on the wing. Just alternate the two depending on the game at hand. Not having an actual LW is killing our attack.

We looked best with Saka/Pepe on the wings because they are actual wingers. Does that not tell Mikel something? Apparently not because he’s going back to Auba LW because he fluked an FA cup with that ****.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

My man will be back with the goals soon enough.
It’s not about scoring:
Football is more than just doing nothing for the 87 minutes, and then make a great final pass/finish a great goal.

In these minutes, you have to
1) get the team from your own box to the half way line
2) from the half way line to the opponent box
3) finding a way to break down the opponent defence
4) to pass the ball into the 6 yard box with your striker unmarked.
5) finish the chance

Without 1) to 4), how could you possibly going to get 5)?

Look at how we struggle to even get across the half way line against liverpool. We need more technical/skillful players in the team, with better passing ability, close control.....in order to complete 1) to 4), creating chances after chances.

Having auba and laca on the pitch is like 2 man down in that process, that’s why we failed to create anything.

If you create enough quality chances, your team WILL score. And it does not even require good finishing ability. Anyone can finish off those chances.

I was against the signing of auba, laca and Özil back then. And never liked Nketiah. Simply because they are the type of players who are only good at 5) (near the final stage of getting the goal). But they are completely useless in the other 87 minutes. We need more Sanchez, Van Persie, Cazorla, Nasri, Hleb, Fabregas, Arshavin, Rosicky.....who would make huge impact in creating space/possession/chances/break down opponent’s defence, before we arrived the opponent box.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s not about scoring:
we're in a very bad place and desperately need goals. We only have ESR and Saka (And Tierney) who can create good opportunities.

Wenger built an attack-first template where scoring was never a problem.

Our current approach requires us to be clinical. Build-up and approach play be dammed.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
we're in a very bad place and desperately need goals. We only have ESR and Saka (And Tierney) who can create good opportunities.

Our current approach requires us to be clinical. Build-up and approach play be dammed.
Have you even read my post?

Without 1) to 4), you wouldn’t have 5).

Having auba in the team is one man down in the chance creation process.

In modern football, teams are defending more as a unit. And also, the gap between lower position teams and top teams are getting closer, player or tactical-wise.

If you want to break a team down, having enough creative quality is not enough. You also need enough creative quantity.

Iniesta plus Xavi plus Henry, to only have these 3 players on the pitch with 7 defenders behind them, sitting back, will never going to break a low block, no matter how good they are. You need to have enough creative players in the team.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

I’m not saying scoring is not important. It’s just that if you could barely get across the half way line, you wouldn’t create quality chances, if you wouldn’t create chances, you wouldn’t score. And it’s because of that, players like auba/nketiah are completely useless.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Have you even read my post?

Without 1) to 4), you wouldn’t have 5).

Having auba in the team is one man down in the chance creation process.

In modern football, teams are defending more as a unit. And also, the gap between lower position teams and top teams are getting closer, player or tactical-wise.

If you want to break a team down, having enough creative quality is not enough. You also need enough creative quantity.

Iniesta plus Xavi plus Henry, to only have these 3 players on the pitch with 7 defenders behind sitting back, will never going to break a low block, no matter how good they are. You need to have enough creative players in the team.
It's a catch-22. Would you take off the only person who can get you a goal, just so that you can create a goal?

I’m not saying scoring is not important. It’s just that if you could barely get across the half way line, you wouldn’t create quality chances, if you wouldn’t create chances, you wouldn’t score. And it’s because of that, players like auba/nketiah are completely useless.
We don't have creators. We depend upon turnovers in the opposition half mainly. Auba was pulling out goals out of his arse last season to save us.

mpower2540

1. Terrible attitude for a captain, and for a player of his ability. He shows no passion, no leadership and, honestly, he doesn't even look like he wants to be on the field. What a hard life he must have, earning so little to do so much...

2. Besides all this, it's actually not his fault that his manager isolates him on the left-wing. You can blame the player for a while, but if you look at it, it's also Arteta's fault. If Auba is to start, start him at striker. If not (whatever the reason might be), just bench him. This is just ridiculous, he literally can't produce there.
It’s so ridiculous that we’re playing him on the wing at 31 years old and asking him to track full backs while being our highest paid player.
Arteta likes structure and being able to retain the ball yet Auba is one of the most useless players when it comes to ball retention.

He’s clearly quite an emotional guy so the attitude stuff is just who he is, I’m sure he cares but for me he’s always rubbed me the wrong way with his lack of technical quality and he seems a bit meek.

However he has proven he can score and has carried the scoring burden practically all on his own for most of his Arsenal career and the fact he is suffering right now is far more down to ineptitude on the managers part in my opinion.

Auba isn’t the future but ffs use him ****ing correctly while you’ve got him.

GoonerJay24

“We've created plenty of chances the last 3-4 months.”

I wouldn’t say we have created plenty of chances, not quantity nor quality-wise.

“I've no issue with Saka, ESR, Ödegaard, Pepe, Tierney and Willian. That's a core of players that will create enough chances.”

ESR is not good enough. Pepe is more of an attacking type rather than a creative type of player. Tierney, his style is not for me. Willian, too old, past his best...Anyway, it’s not about their individual creative quality. It’s about whether we would create more chances, by having a setup of (4 of these “creative players”+Auba) or having (5 of these “creative players”), against a block of opponent defenders. And I’m sure the former setup would yield a lot less chances created than the later.

You have a desire to see us play with a bunch of technical skill midgets that never pass the ball over knee height. Basically you want us to be a poor mans Pep side.

We had players like Hleb, Fabregas, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin, Cazorla.....
Sure but every team needs balance hence why Walcott started regularly in that period because he offered something in behind. Same with Ramsey.

I have a desire to play good technical football once more also but like many have mentioned already that mostly requires lots of money or prudent managers on a budget like Wenger, Pocheitinno.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The more bad performances Auba puts in at LW the easier the decision becomes. He's here, he's not going anywhere, so you have to play him in the middle. Maybe you can buy a cheap back-up CF with a different skill set, but you can't buy an expensive Lacazette replacement, cos that would necessitate either not playing Auba or playing him on the wing, where he's increasingly ineffective.

So he makes the decision for you, whether you like it or not. He's your main CF next season, and you concentrate on other areas of the team in the summer.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It's a catch-22. Would you take off the only person who can get you a goal, just so that you can create a goal?

Except Auba can't get us goals anymore................. we take him out to replace him with someone like Martinelli who can actually get us goals. Auba has been Özil'd and we need to start thinking of a plan to ease him out of the club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Auba will still get you 20 goals a season if you put good players around him see how good he preformed when we played ESR saka Ødegaard put him on wings and he stinks. Stop play him on wings just to force him and laca play its not working and unbalance the whole team.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Auba will still get you 20 goals a season if you put good players around him see how good he preformed when we played ESR saka Ödegaard put him on wings and he stinks. Stop play him on wings just to force him and laca play its not working and unbalance the whole team.
As I have said it above. It’s not about how many he could score.

It’s about that having him in the team would reduce the chance for us to get across the half way line. Which would reduce the chance of us getting near the opponent box, which would massively reduce the number/quality of chance created, which makes the team score far less than we could.

Auba could have scored 30 goals a season but having him in the team would make our team worse off, making the team only scored 50 in a season, when we could have scored 80+ if we played more creative players instead to create a lot more chances.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Most of his touches were from kick offs.

Sad to see such a good player played out of position and not being involved in the game. This wouldn't happen under a decent manager.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Everyone turning against our captain, is gonna look a right mug when he scores the winner against Yanited in the Europa final :drool:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As I have said it above. It’s not about how many he could score.

It’s about that having him in the team would reduce the chance for us to get across the half way line. Which would reduce the chance of us getting near the opponent box, which would massively reduce the number/quality of chance created, which makes the team score far less than we could.

Auba could have scored 30 goals a season but having him in the team would make our team worse off.
I agree he not all around good player he box player he can score some nice goals but that about it still i just hope stop play him LW

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Most of his touches were from kick offs.

Sad to see such a good player played out of position and not being involved in the game. This wouldn't happen under a decent manager.

Who'd have thought when we signed one of the most prolific strikers in European football, that we'd end up shoving him to the left wing so the guy we wanted to him to replace could play CF over 3 years later. It just doesn't make sense. How can you use such an asset so horribly? Wenger brought him in, played him CF immediately and he was firing, even Emery had the common sense to play him up front or at least when he played alongside Laca it was in a 2 up top. Arteta has slowly drained the life out of Auba since he's taken over, at the start he was still scoring so the obvious issues were overlooked but slowly but surely the goals have faded and Auba has been struggling to rediscover his scoring form ever since. If you're not gonna play him as a CF then just don't play him at all.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Except Auba can't get us goals anymore................. we take him out to replace him with someone like Martinelli who can actually get us goals. Auba has been Özil'd and we need to start thinking of a plan to ease him out of the club.
still saved our season in Europe, and got a hat trick not long ago.

Going by his record, he is the first person on the team sheet for me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's scored a lot of goals for us from the wing, tbf...the issue is getting the right players around him, if he plays there.

For example...If you play Auba-Laca-Pepe, you can't play a back 4, it needs to be a back 3...none of them are great footballers and help in the build up play, plus neither Pierre or Nico are overly great in helping their fullback...so a 3-4-3 gives them more freddom to stay high up the pitch, were they are at their best.

Any back 4 formation with those 3 in it, will stuggle badly, as they just don't have the skillset to play their roles in this.

Top Bottom