• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This is on Arteta for me.

Remember when Klopp used Aubameyang as a RW for about 10games for Dortmund, it didnt get the best out of him so he moved him to CF and it resulted in goals.

Tuchel played him at CF and it resulted in goals too, Tuchel played a more possession based game too and it worked with Auba as CF.

The problem for me is Arteta and the squad, ok Auba may have dropped in form but I disagree he is now **** as some are making out.

Constantly being moved from CF to LW to CF and back to LW doesnt help him.

Again, Auba is in bad form, we know that due to his missing of simple chances but he is still in the position to miss these chances, the ability is still there.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saka/Martinelli/ASM
Pepe/Aubameyang/Willian

With no European football that is more than enough.

Iceman10

Established Member
This is the type of positing which sets us trusted members part from the rest, superb stuff. Simple solution to our problems!

You are in a club with Hairspray and many others, so hold your horses on this. It’s actually been watered down to be confirmed as meaningless, which is a good thing as I see it (a correction) anyway.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
... my main point though, despite getting a little into the weeds here, is the club owners/board need to step in and stipulate one of Auba and Laca has to go this summer. In effect they need to do Edu’s job for him.
That may be our wish, but if I'm honest, I can't imagine any interest in them from other clubs. Think we've entered Özil's territory with Auba (his salary is too high for other clubs), and Laca is a very specific player who will have a hard time fitting the needs at many clubs.
If we look at things from their perspective, I can't imagine them leaving London where they have all the fun, no pressure, extremely high salaries playing for a well respected club (if that's still the case).

I'm only worried about Martinelli and Balogun, surely this situation is hard for them to accept and they didn't get the chance to earn their place in the team at the time when we have two completely out of form seniors.

Iceman10

Established Member
That may be our wish, but if I'm honest, I can't imagine any interest in them from other clubs. Think we've entered Özil's territory with Auba (his salary is too high for other clubs), and Laca is a very specific player who will have a hard time fitting the needs at many clubs.
If we look at things from their perspective, I can't imagine them leaving London where they have all the fun, no pressure, extremely high salaries playing for a well respected club (if that's still the case).

I'm only worried about Martinelli and Balogun, surely this situation is hard for them to accept and they didn't get the chance to earn their place in the team at the time when we have two completely out of form seniors.

There have been reports of interest from multiple clubs across Europe for Laca. We likely will have to compromise on transfer fee, but it still makes sense to get him off our books and to freshen things up squad-wise.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm seriously start to get worried about us offering players after few good years with this is similar to Özil now auba i wish he shows more interest and be more serious i hope mikel just play him in middle playing him as LW need to stop and quick

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Strip him of the captaincy and throw him out of Colney for the rest of the season.

Disgrace to the likes of Adams, Vieira, Gallas etc
Just play him as CF or don't play I'm sick of managers forcing him and laca play together it work 1 from 10 games just use an actual winger we have Saka Pepe Willian Martinelli Nelson. I swear when our front line Willian Laca pepe we look more fun to watch

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He was never what you’d consider captain material. Fair enough he lead by example a few times but his personality isn’t that of a captain. That’s no criticism either, it’s just the way it is.

Xhaka or Luiz should be our captain. Maybe Tierney if we want someone longer term.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You are in a club with Hairspray and many others, so hold your horses on this. It’s actually been watered down to be confirmed as meaningless, which is a good thing as I see it (a correction) anyway.

If you knew about all the perks you'd not be saying this. 👀

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I don't want to have another Özil situation here because at this rate the club won't even consider giving players big extensions anymore.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsecast discussing:

What was the plan when we extended him?

I really think Artera didn't want to lose him, like Xhaka rather than him actually really having a vision for how to use him effectively

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
really really poor but we have got no choice but to play him as he is still the best finisher. Just don't play him at LW and don't play him with Lacazette. Totally useless in those scenarios.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We need to stop playing him at LW because he offers next to nothing there, especially in this form. Play him at CF for a few games before we start to panic that we have another Özil situation.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hol up.

So we're in a pandemic. We've already been out of the CL since 2017, again 2017.

It is now 2020/2021. 3 - 4 years later.

We are broke.

We offer Aubameyang 300k a week? Thereabouts with bonuses included? That is fine.

We play him in LW, RW....somewhere on the wing and it's not working.

Aubameyang can manage on the wing, but surely as the highest paid player and let's admit it, our star player this couldn't have been the plan?

Arteta you're not telling me after Aubameyang is already struggling you are now coming here to put him as a winger?

IT DID NOT WORK AGAINST WEST HAM.

So what does Arteta do? Start him on the wing again.

I give up.

Top Bottom