• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Hope Auba recovers and everything is alright. This means he probably played that Liverpool game with signs of Malaria. Carragher and Neville were slating him on Sky after that as well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His mum gets sick, he gets sick, fanbase turns their back on him, he's past his best, should have been sold last summer...horrible season for him

Yet Auba is still gonna score the goal that wins us our first European trophy since 1994...that's our captain right there 🥲

bonzka

Few different strands/types of malaria but it’s likely that’s him physically shot for a few weeks at least. Might not be firing again this season.

amigo

Provided he noticed it early enough it shouldn't knock him out for longer than a couple of weeks max. Malaria, though a potentially fatal disease if untreated, responds to drugs very well and most people who live in West Africa get it several times in their lifetime. It's not likely at all to have any long term effects. The fact that he's home already would indicate he has already been treated successfully.

amigo

I am glad that you asked, here is the 1st time for you.
Good analysis but there is more than one way to play football. City's way is only one. You could also have an awesome finisher in your team with a lot of creative players behind him who get the ball to him to finish off and have great success or have a pacy striker like Vardy who likes to get behind a high line. Not every team will have the resources to pack their team with incredibly technical players in every position. A firing Auba is a great asset and if we can get him working well in our team via the right setup we will have great success.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

His mum gets sick, he gets sick, fanbase turns their back on him, he's past his best, should have been sold last summer...horrible season for him

Yet Auba is still gonna score the goal that wins us our first European trophy since 1994...that's our captain right there 🥲
Hope it comes true! Would love to see the big man get us that trophy and shut everyone up, especially some of the pundits! Mega ****s like Carragher and Neville! 🤬

Hope he get well soon.

But to be brutally honest here I think we play better and even create more chances without him in the team. It would be ideal having him at the end of those chances but when he is on the field there is some balance issues imo.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Something definitely seemed off and it couldn't be explained down to just him being benched. This makes more sense and is actually pretty scary stuff to hear. I hope he's better soon.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Another big win without Auba in the team.

So far we’ve beaten: Chelsea (3-1), Leicester (3-1), Sp**s (2-1) and now Slavia Prague (4-0) without Auba. Makes you wonder if the team functions better without him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
How tf did he get malaria? Don't you get vaccinated against stuff like that before traveling to Africa?
You don't get vaccinated against Malaria you get pills to surpress it basically. Depending on the medicine you got to start taking them a few days before entering a malaria area and got to take them a week or longer after you leave the area. Then I believe it's still not 100%. I don't know about malaria in Gabon but perhaps he was just unlucky.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You don't get vaccinated against Malaria you get pills to surpress it basically. Depending on the medicine you got to start taking them a few days before entering a malaria area and got to take them a week or longer after you leave the area. Then I believe it's still not 100%. I don't know about malaria in Gabon but perhaps he was just unlucky.
It worries me if he actually will make a full recovery. Rotten news on Auba! Malaria is no joke. Hope doctors’ diagnose is good. They at least seem to have caught it early.

Top Bottom