• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

OSBK

Established Member
Must be so frustrating playing CF for this team. We just don’t create enough chances plus Arteta ball does not suit him at all.

He’s a flawed player for sure but at some point if your runs aren’t getting picked out you’re going to stop moving.

Just because things are not going your way doesnt mean you stop fighting for the shirt mate. He is bottling challenges and avoiding physical contact. During the palace game a ball went to far post and he backed off hoping the defender would miss it and he would get a tap in. A striker desparate for goals and wanting to win wouldve been running through that defender to score. When im watching auba this season all im seeing is a guy who just doesnt fancy it, the same guy who turns up on a sunday morning with gold predator boots.

This aint about ability its about hunger and if auba aint willing to do the hard yards then he is as much to blame as arteta.

mpower2540

Just because things are not going your way doesnt mean you stop fighting for the shirt mate. He is bottling challenges and avoiding physical contact. During the palace game a ball went to far post and he backed off hoping the defender would miss it and he would get a tap in. A striker desparate for goals and wanting to win wouldve been running through that defender to score. When im watching auba this season all im seeing is a guy who just doesnt fancy it, the same guy who turns up on a sunday morning with gold predator boots.

This aint about ability its about hunger and if auba aint willing to do the hard yards then he is as much to blame as arteta.
I dunno, I think it’s easy to say a player doesn’t fancy it when things aren’t going their way. He’s had a tough year, been in and out of the team, sometimes wide left in a 3 or a 4, out on the right, sometimes at CF.
He’s been given this brand new contract and we’ve looked like we haven’t known how to use him. His mother has been ill and then he contracts malaria in international duty.

To top it off when he does play, we’re barely creating chances for him and he’s a player that’s always suited a more counter attacking system than this horseshoe slow possession play. I can understand him being disillusioned with it all tbh.

On the whole fighting for the shirt thing, I get it, in fact his languid style, and lack of technique at times really does wind me up but he’s always been like that and yet it’s never stopped him from scoring.

I probably agree that this team under Arteta is probably gonna have to find a different striker but this is a guy that has consistently scored hatfuls wherever he’s been and I think the fact he hasn’t managed to this season is, in my opinion, much more on the setup than this theory that he doesn’t fancy it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AM wants him to keep up that ridiculous conversion rate he had that season. Even prime Messi and Ronaldo would struggle to sustain that conversion rate. Man has been living off scraps since Arteta came.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Aubas alway been like that. Backs out of 70/30s in his favour. When he jumps for a header he literally just jumps never tries to challenge or rough the defender up. Type of striker you'd love to play against if you had abit of pace.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah Auba has been a goal machine in Europe for close to a decade, he rarely gets injured and despite popular belief has maintained the majority of his pace.

The guy keeps himself in good nick largely because of his style. This isn't the reason why we are sh*t at the moment and Auba should not be "roughing up defenders" or putting his body on the line for AM's entertainment.

Laca is naturally more scrappy and for all his endeavours he is bemoaned and mocked anyways, so why should Auba do it for the likes of some of the fans on here?

If Auba was naturally like that and he stopped? yeah I'd maybe get some of your gripes but he's thrived until now so I'm more like deal with it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Poor Auba. I hope we fix the attack before he genuinely does start to decline otherwise people will act like they were right about him all along.

I’m pretty confident that we still have the same Auba who was out scoring everyone he’s just dejected atm as he’s living off scraps.

As a goal scorer, the guy is world class, limited or not.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba (and Laca too) get done a little dirty on here, it's a shame they both arrived when our team was on the decline...but Pierre is a pretty limited player tbh, feel that's a fair comment, though depending on how people are using it.

He's like a better version of Walcott (which is a very good player, if used correctly) but we have had Thierry Henry and Robin Van Persie as our centre forwards not that long ago, so our standards are pretty high.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Aubas career speaks for itself. He has a terrible coach who cant set up an attack. The sooner the spanish fraud leaves the quicker our players will reach their potential

Riou

Auba is a fool for not going to Barca when he had the chance.

Even if he flopped he could say he’s played at a big club, now he’s just here being compared to Walcott.

But that's the most similar player to him, tbf...Walcott was still a quality player at his best.

You can't compare Pierre to the very best we have had, he isn't as good as them.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

But that's the most similar player to him, tbf...Walcott was still a quality player at his best.

You can't compare Pierre to the very best we have had, he isn't as good as them.
Walcott is nothing like Pierre sorry. Auba can atleast lead or line or play with his back to goal if he has to, has a variety of finishes and can atleast combine with players on his level - regardless of what any of you say about him. Plenty of Özil and Miki compilations for you to see for yourself.

Walcott when he was with us could slot away 1v1s or cross and that was it - I liked Walcott and he's improved with age, but this comparison is wrong.

I am so thankful you blasphemers weren't about for Wrighty you'd probably be calling him limited too cause he's not dainty and didn't have as much finesse as VP smh.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Auba (and Laca too) get done a little dirty on here, it's a shame they both arrived when our team was on the decline...but Pierre is a pretty limited player tbh, feel that's a fair comment, though depending on how people are using it.

He's like a better version of Walcott (which is a very good player, if used correctly) but we have had Thierry Henry and Robin Van Persie as our centre forwards not that long ago, so our standards are pretty high.
I used to agree with the better version of Walcott but nah it’s a bit of a stretch now.

He can do everything Walcott did for us but Walcott was a rehearsed finished whereas Auba is a natural finisher. He’s also got the nose for goal that Theo never had.

I think Auba also has a bit more range than Theo, he seems to have the outside of the box curler down quite well.

Lastly, Auba is an aerial threat when he wants to be (which isn’t often tbf).

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Walcott is nothing like Pierre sorry. Auba can atleast lead or line or play with his back to goal if he has to, has a variety of finishes and can atleast combine with players on his level - regardless of what any of you say about him. Plenty of Özil and Miki compilations for you to see for yourself.

Walcott when he was with us could slot away 1v1s or cross and that was it - I liked Walcott and he's improved with age, but this comparison is wrong.

I am so thankful you blasphemers weren't about for Wrighty you'd probably be calling him limited too cause he's not dainty and didn't have as much finesse as VP smh.
Give him a break 🤣
Think he was just going for the most similar Arsenal player in recent years he could think of.

Riou

Walcott is nothing like Pierre sorry.

Never had the honour of seeing Ian play, was just comparing Auba to Arsenal players I have watched as a fan...but based on the clips I have seen, Wright looked a good level or 2 above Pierre as a player too, so I wouldn't compare him to Auba either.

Looked to have a great mix of pace and skill, certainly more rounded that Pierre...plus he was a nasty little fecker, who would back down from no one, which makes you a better player imo...and while I love Auba, he's a bit of a *****-cat tbh.

I have seen clips of Wright going head to head with Peter Schmeichel (who was about a foot taller than him) and not flinch, while I have also seen Auba bullied by John ****ing Stones :lol:

I would have Wright as the second best striker in our history, only Titi is above him for me.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Give him a break 🤣
Think he was just going for the most similar Arsenal player in recent years he could think of.
I'm not having it, Theo = Auba is wrong.

Is it by force we have to compare Auba to lukewarm/divisive former players? no it's not.

Riou

I used to agree with the better version of Walcott but nah it’s a bit of a stretch now.

He can do everything Walcott did for us but Walcott was a rehearsed finished whereas Auba is a natural finisher. He’s also got the nose for goal that Theo never had.

I think Auba also has a bit more range than Theo, he seems to have the outside of the box curler down quite well.

Lastly, Auba is an aerial threat when he wants to be (which isn’t often tbf).

I agree mostly, tbh...it's very difficult to compare players, tbh...all have little traits that make them unique.

Just think he's like Theo in a way that he is rather limited, but if you can find a way to use him correctly, he can still be quality.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Can we atleast define what limited is then? If we are going to label players that? I'd be willing to accept I am wrong about Auba if there was a clear definition and he fell into that.

Does Vardy count as limited? cause he's not known for his hold up play or playmaking either? (I've noted he combines well with Kelechi as of late)

Latest posts

Top Bottom