• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If we are being honest, if Arteta is staying and neither Auba or Laca is going to work - which makes the extension I was initially happy about very questionable now.

I think a lot of decisions around that time (keeping certain players, Cone Boy's promotion etc) was made with FA Cup endorphins.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can we atleast define what limited is then? If we are going to label players that? I'd be willing to accept I am wrong about Auba if there was a clear definition and he fell into that.

Does Vardy count as limited? cause he's not known for his hold up play or playmaking either? (I've noted he combines well with Kelechi as of late)

I would say Vardy is just as limited as Auba, though he has a better team to get the best out of him ( and yes, before you say it, Jamie also has a better manager :lol: )

"Limited" , for me, means a player that's all round game is lacking...Auba is an elite goal scorer, but he isn't an elite dribbler/passer/back to goal player etc...like the elite forwards are.

Alexis would be a good example to use...

Sanchez at Barca was still a very good player, but because of the fact they had Messi, it meant he had to limit his game while he was there...he wasn't the main man, he was playing the "Walcott role", stretch the play/run onto through balls/play on the last line of the defenders etc...

But when he came here, Arsène made him our main guy...he could do whatever he wanted, and that was the peak of his career, in terms of performances...he was just behind Aguero and Hazard from 2014-2017 in England, that's how great he was.

If you asked Pierre to play one of these roles, which do you think would suit him best?

Feel if you asked him to play like Sanchez of Arsenal, he would be pretty crap, he can't do what Alexis could do...but if you used him like Sanchez at Barca, he could be a match winner, as that hides his flaws and highlights his amazing strengths...which is sort of the way we used him last season, think the 3-4-3 with him on the left really suited him too...players are better, when used certain/different ways.

A limited player, doesn't mean the player isn't still great, imo.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I would say Vardy is just as limited as Auba, though he has a better team to get the best out of him ( and yes, before you say it, Jamie also has a better manager :lol: )

"Limited" , for me, means a player that's all round game is lacking...Auba is an elite goal scorer, but he isn't an elite dribbler/passer/back to goal player etc...like the elite forwards are.

Alexis would be a good example to use...

Sanchez at Barca was still a very good player, but because of the fact they had Messi, it meant he had to limit his game while he was there...he wasn't the main man, he was playing the "Walcott role", stretch the play/run onto through balls/play on the last line of the defenders etc...

But when he came here, Arsène made him our main guy...he could do whatever he wanted, and that was the peak of his career, in terms of performances...he was just behind Aguero and Hazard from 2014-2017 in England, that's how great he was.

If you asked Pierre to play one of these roles, which do you think would suit him best?

Feel if you asked him to play like Sanchez of Arsenal, he would be pretty crap, he can't do what Alexis could do...but if you used him like Sanchez at Barca, he could be a match winner, as that hides his flaws and highlights his amazing strengths...which is sort of the way we used him last season, think the 3-4-3 with him on the left really suited him too...players are better, when used certain/different ways.

A limited player, doesn't mean the player isn't still great, imo.
Good post, some stuff I agree with.

Sanchez is famed for taking games by the scruff of the neck for us, but Auba did that in his own way for 2 seasons. Guess we are kinda saying similar things, I just rate Auba a bit higher.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Btw @Riou read my posts back and I sound like an angry tw*t I was tripping.

I’m so pissed at Arsenal but don’t want you to think I am angry at you or got my knickers in a twist cause of your Walcott take bro.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can we atleast define what limited is then? If we are going to label players that? I'd be willing to accept I am wrong about Auba if there was a clear definition and he fell into that.

Does Vardy count as limited? cause he's not known for his hold up play or playmaking either? (I've noted he combines well with Kelechi as of late)
Limited refers to the lack of an all-round skill set. Say you had five attributes you’d want in a player and they only have two of them, you’d call them limited. It’s nothing to do with how well somebody does those attributes.

A limited player is not the same as a bad player. Auba, Vardy, and Sterling could all be called limited.

Meanwhile players like Firmino, Watkins and Bamford are all-rounders but I doubt anyone would have them ahead of the first three players.

edit: and Riou’s already answered. What a waste of my life.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

edit: and Riou’s already answered. What a waste of my life.
Riou smacked it, soz bro.

Seriously, some discussion about why some might call Auba limited and differentiating between limited and bad is a lot better than complaining about traits he’s just never gonna have.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The fact he's on so much money with 2 years on his deal actually gives us a bit of peace tbh. He's not going anywhere, so we gotta get the best out of him next season. Laca is different, 1 year left, feasible that a club could come in for him. With Laca they've got a decision to make, whether to sell (they should), whether to buy a replacement etc. Auba it's pretty simple, just tell him to have a nice summer, get back to full health and come back next season in better form, then get the best out of him in the team.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

If we are being honest, if Arteta is staying and neither Auba or Laca is going to work - which makes the extension I was initially happy about very questionable now.

I think a lot of decisions around that time (keeping certain players, Cone Boy's promotion etc) was made with FA Cup endorphins.

I agree, but in my honest opinion (and I'm in the minority here), I think signing on Auba was a decent decision, in fact I'd say good.

Just personally I don't think we've made the most out of him which is what we should've had in mind when we signed him on (otherwise there was no point in signing him on).

No idea why we signed him on if the plan wasn't to move him to the middle immediately and funnel opportunities to him.

The fact that there's talk about a Laca 1 year extension just reeks of poor planning.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I like Auba a lot but I do take issue with the fact that his performances fell off a cliff once he got his contract and I’ve seen him give up and down tools a few times this season in games where we were struggling. I expect a lot more from the captain and especially someone on a big fat contract.

Having both Laca and Auba at the club has been a negative it’s tied up 100+m in transfer funds, big money on wages and it forces managers to do the whole square peg in round hole thing to accommodate them both. We have to let one go to raise funds and to stop whoever is in charge from having to play Auba our wide.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was playing LB for the first 3 months of the season? Then he’s in a team that creates absolutely nothing at all, then he got malaria.

Why give him a big contract and have him tracking back all game like Park Ji Sung. That’s not his game.

Mishandled by the club and manager.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He was playing LB for the first 3 months of the season? Then he’s in a team that creates absolutely nothing at all, then he got malaria.

Why give him a big contract and have him tracking back all game like Park Ji Sung. That’s not his game.

Mishandled by the club and manager.

And GDeep, what's even stranger is that we knew the following:

1. Lacazette would be in the penultimate year of his deal
2. Apart from Lacazette, Aubameyang would be our only proven senior striker
3. We don't have money

So I'm scratching my head at why we kept playing him on the left (this being OUR 300K A WEEK TALISMAN), then eventually when he did play in the middle we weren't set up to create chances for him consistently (I'm thinking crosses gate and other disasters like that).

Absofuckinglutely bemusing.

If I were the board I wouldn't give this set up a fkin drop. They've made such a mess of so many situations (Saliba, Willian, Guendouzi, ST position) their "reward" for fkin up this season should be that they clean it up, not that they get more money.

TinFish

I hope one of the strikers leave this season. We need new blood. Out with the old and in with the new. But this is just me wishing and hoping... after all with the Spanish fraud in charge he will renew Laca, Elneny, chambers and probably convince Willian to stay.

From there he will bench Joe who he will recall back, Martinelli and all other promising youngsters. Sigh...

GDeep™

League is very weak
I hope one of the strikers leave this season. We need new blood. Out with the old and in with the new. But this is just me wishing and hoping... after all with the Spanish fraud in charge he will renew Laca, Elneny, chambers and probably convince Willian to stay.

From there he will bench Joe who he will recall back, Martinelli and all other promising youngsters. Sigh...
Do we need new blood though? We have Auba backed up by Laca - that’s pretty good for a non CL team, with Martinelli as the new blood you can develop at CF maybe.

I don’t see what a new blood does if they are the type who need service.

OSBK

Established Member
Aubas alway been like that. Backs out of 70/30s in his favour. When he jumps for a header he literally just jumps never tries to challenge or rough the defender up. Type of striker you'd love to play against if you had abit of pace.

Exactly. Sp**s have had a terrible season, you cant sit there and tell me Sp**s have more creative players than us. But they have a striker who has adapted to what the team needs. A few seasons ago kane was popping goals in and not having to work hard because of what was around him. Now they are beyond shocking and kane has adapted, players can do this. Pool have been terrible going forward but again salah has continued to do the hard yards and put his body into it and he has got liverpool back into CL. Even bamford, look at what he has done this season. 16 goals in the league, he has been electric. Im watching callum wilson in a horrific newcastle team doing bits. Werner who cant hit a barn door is running through brick walls but his workrate is a big factor in why chelsea will get top 4. Benteke looks more up for it than auba ffs :)

Im sorry auba lovers but this guy is supposed to be our talisman and the driving force in the team. Every player has the right to be critised and even more so when they have armband. The list of excuses goes on playing style/we dont suit HIS style of play/he cant change etc etc.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Exactly. Sp**s have had a terrible season, you cant sit there and tell me Sp**s have more creative players than us. But they have a striker who has adapted to what the team needs. A few seasons ago kane was popping goals in and not having to work hard because of what was around him. Now they are beyond shocking and kane has adapted, players can do this. Pool have been terrible going forward but again salah has continued to do the hard yards and put his body into it and he has got liverpool back into CL. Even bamford, look at what he has done this season. 16 goals in the league, he has been electric. Im watching callum wilson in a horrific newcastle team doing bits. Werner who cant hit a barn door is running through brick walls but his workrate is a big factor in why chelsea will get top 4. Benteke looks more up for it than auba ffs :)

Im sorry auba lovers but this guy is supposed to be our talisman and the driving force in the team. Every player has the right to be critised and even more so when they have armband. The list of excuses goes on playing style/we dont suit HIS style of play/he cant change etc etc.
LMAO.

He's been like this since his time at dortmund and he outscored Lewandowski in the Bundesliga. He came here and won the golden boot in his first full season and was just one goal say from winning the golden boot in his second season, but no one complained then.

Comparing benteke and Werner, (two meme strikers) to Auba just shows your level of agenda.

Fact remains, he's one the best CF in the past 10 years. He's one of the fittest players in europe. He's still very much in peak physical condition. The record speaks for itself. He's one of the few strikers in history to win the Bundesliga and EPL Golden boot. Ask your boy Arteta why he can't get the best out of Arteta.

OSBK

Established Member
Do we need new blood though? We have Auba backed up by Laca - that’s pretty good for a non CL team, with Martinelli as the new blood you can develop at CF maybe.

I don’t see what a new blood does if they are the type who need service.

We have to have new blood mate. Players within this team are not going to fit artetas playstyle. We serious lack a focal point, the difference cavani makes when he plays for utd is unreal. The way we play now someone like DCL would thrive in, a big strong pacey forward who can manufactuer a attack or a goal himself. If we go into next season like this and we know arteta aint gonna change then the end result will be the same.

I agree auba and laca for a non champions league team is insane, we just have a manger who wont let us play free flowing enough that those 2 can work well for us.

Sad times

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We have to have new blood mate. Players within this team are not going to fit artetas playstyle. We serious lack a focal point, the difference cavani makes when he plays for utd is unreal. The way we play now someone like DCL would thrive in, a big strong pacey forward who can manufactuer a attack or a goal himself. If we go into next season like this and we know arteta aint gonna change then the end result will be the same.

I agree auba and laca for a non champions league team is insane, we just have a manger who wont let us play free flowing enough that those 2 can work well for us.

Sad times
Bring cavani and DCL here and we'd be no higher than 9th.

It pains me that you can't see this.

Top Bottom