• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Just read something about Willy Aubameyamg shooting a gun near his head, while live on Instagram with Pierre...this line from the article made me laugh...

"Pierre laughed the moment off nervously"

...that pretty much must be his whole life with that nutter :lol:

Is Willy older than Pierre?

Be quite embarrassing either way, to be carried in life by a richer sibling, but especially if Pierre is the younger brother.
Yeah willy is older. Not that it matters. I’ll give up my pride to not have to work and bang models all day every day too. In a heartbeat. ;)

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
First name on our teamsheet, captain and the biggest key for us getting back into the top 4.

I can't believe the lack of respect from some on here toward him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I just wonder how much speed and acceleration he lost due to malaria, if he lost 4 kg.

Very sad thing to happen for him and for us. Rarely injured, but of course something like this happens when we renew him.

Vibra

Established Member
I will never have peace until I know the bffs will never be in the same starting lineup ever again. They don't have the skills to not play centre forward. Some of you love ****ty/fugly football, I'm personally not a fan

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Never been my type of striker. No skill and even more meek than Walcott.
Same here, but I'm 100% now that we use him In a * way. He is paying the price now for his good run from the left in that FA cup, but it was just a run, nothing more. It's either CF or bench, tired of this ****

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We simply cannot start him and Laca together anymore, both have too many flaws and our aging, we need to stop doing it.

Still think/hope he can come good again.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We simply cannot start him and Laca together anymore, both have too many flaws and our aging, we need to stop doing it.

Still think/hope he can come good again.
It's gonna be pretty ugly and hard to explain how they ended up giving him that fat contract and then not being able to use him. Even as a CF, I would say Laca adds more, although both are poor recently so not too bother with selling them together

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is getting to Özil stage Arteta need to stop this BS playing him in wings he already our form stop affecting that and get back playing as CF

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's gonna be pretty ugly and hard to explain how they ended up giving him that fat contract and then not being able to use him. Even as a CF, I would say Laca adds more, although both are poor recently so not too bother with selling them together

I still think we should try and make Pepe our main forward, if we don't buy a striker...looking at his traits, he's more what I want in a CF.

Think the closer we can get Nico to goal the better, reckon he would be a stat machine there.

Malky

Established Member
If he's not being played as a CF then it's pointless keeping him. Did we really give him £300K a week to play out wide, even tho he's useless there? Baffling decision.
At what point does Arteta give in and just bench him? Because he gives us absolutely nothing in this form.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We want to sign a striker. Chances are if we’re spending £40m+ on a striker they will start and Auba will either be on the left or on the bench. The writing is on the wall here. Best we can hope for is he agrees to a move away next summer.

smashed

Read the start of the thread, everyone was delighted he resigned. Hindsight is 20:20

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Read the start of the thread, everyone was delighted he resigned. Hindsight is 20:20
I wasn't, even on his great run, I was saying we shouldn't do it and I was always expecting to see problems we are having today with him.

He requires a very specific setup which we didn't have and still don't have, I'm just surprised how easily Arteta took the bait with him, shocking really

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I wasn't, even on his great run, I was saying we shouldn't do it and I was always expecting to see problems we are having today with him.

He requires a very specific setup which we didn't have and still don't have, I'm just surprised how easily Arteta took the bait with him, shocking really
Fair enough if you were against it, I think everyone, myself included is starting to see that signing up your 32 yo striker when you have a £20m offer on the table is probably not the best idea.

Watching Auba now reminds me of watching Neymar, in 2016/17 Neymar was razor sharp, so quick to react to new situations as they arise and find crisp execution to capitalise. Fast forward to now and everything just looks slower and lazier, like his brain’s slowed down, muscle memory’s decayed. That's what I think has happened to Auba. While they've likely both lost a bit I think raw pace is easily secondary to speed of thought and that looks to be going even if they can both still produce moments.
A lot of people think the only aspect of decay is physical but cognitive performance peaks early and starts to dip around 27, I thought it happened to David Silva and I thought it happened to Iniesta too, there comes a day when you just can't cut it anymore. I think with Neymar it's because of too many benders and with Auba it's just because he's getting old.

smashed

Fair enough if you were against it, I think everyone, myself included is starting to see that signing up your 32 yo striker when you have a £20m offer on the table is probably not the best idea.

Watching Auba now reminds me of watching Neymar, in 2016/17 Neymar was razor sharp, so quick to react to new situations as they arise and find crisp execution to capitalise. Fast forward to now and everything just looks slower and lazier, like his brain’s slowed down, muscle memory’s decayed. That's what I think has happened to Auba. While they've likely both lost a bit I think raw pace is easily secondary to speed of thought and that looks to be going even if they can both still produce moments.
A lot of people think the only aspect of decay is physical but cognitive performance peaks early and starts to dip around 27, I thought it happened to David Silva and I thought it happened to Iniesta too, there comes a day when you just can't cut it anymore. I think with Neymar it's because of too many benders and with Auba it's just because he's getting old.
When did you think David silva lost his mental edge?
Neymar is a baller. Brazil would be lost without him.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
When did you think David silva lost his mental edge?
Neymar is a baller. Brazil would be lost without him.
I felt that way for his last two seasons at Man City. Neymar's still very good but in terms of his reaction speed, ability to protect the ball/beat players and finishing ability, I think there's a clear difference between a few years ago and now, I thought he could establish him self nearer to Messi.

254Giant

Player:Partey
I hope he proves me wrong but I predict a stinker of a season from Auba. Like the guy but we need a striker, man. We're in trouble.Auba even scoring 10 goals this season would be a miracle.

amigo

I just wonder how much speed and acceleration he lost due to malaria, if he lost 4 kg.

Very sad thing to happen for him and for us. Rarely injured, but of course something like this happens when we renew him.
I think the malaria worry is a red herring, 90% of athletes who live in West Africa where it is endemic contract malaria multiple times in their lifetimes. I grew up there and had multiple bouts. I have never heard of a case of an African athlete who lost their athletic capabilities due to malaria. It's like saying someone would lose their athletic prowess after a bout of the flu. Yes untreated malaria can be fatal, but once you recover you recover.

Top Bottom