• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Granted I live out in the countryside where there is practically no public transport, but why have a car like that if you are stuck in the traffic 90% of the time. Seems a horrible waste. Better to just get a chauffeur and relax in the backseat.
Growing up in London I can confirm you are 100% correct. I'm not crazy about driving though where as Auba loves it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Honestly dissapointed by auba he should set example for his young teammates you can forgive being 2-3 times but can't go most season turn up late always

GDeep™

League is very weak
No excuse for coming late. According to the Athletic, not the first time.

Did he give a post match interview? When we lose he goes hiding.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've never been 100% on board with him being captain tbh, the players voting for him is just more proof democracy is overrated.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I've never been 100% on board with him being captain tbh, the players voting for him is just more proof democracy is overrated.

Think they should’ve just slyly given it back to Xhaka once the pandemic hit.

No fans in the ground to complain about it anymore and it’s pretty clear from watching the games he’s still the on field leader.

Always against giving your best player the armband for the sake of it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No fans in the ground to complain about it anymore and it’s pretty clear from watching the games he’s still the on field leader.

Xhaka made sense as a captain tbh. Now though you'd be looking at Tierney as he's the future and has all the leadership qualities as well as leading by example with how he plays, tho I doubt Auba's actually getting stripped off it so it's a moot point.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka made sense as a captain tbh. Now though you'd be looking at Tierney as he's the future and has all the leadership qualities as well as leading by example with how he plays, tho I doubt Auba's actually getting stripped off it so it's a moot point.

It’s hard stripping a captain tbh. Just becomes a really big deal with the media but I’d be tempted.

Can’t have him turning up late repeatedly and he’s supposedly setting the standard. Past captains like Vieira or RVP would never do that.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Xhaka can't be captain he is leader there no doubt but as long he keep getting stupid red cards lose his focus he shouldn't be a captain. Only Tierney is the likely candidate

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't think it is worth to make a big fuss over this. He broke a rule, he suffered the consequences. We move on.

For one thing, at least that makes it clear the rules are the same for everyone. That is a good thing.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Considering we won it's not a big deal. If we had lost it probably would have been a different story.

I love Auba but short of an emergency or being in an accident there's no excuse for being late and by all accounts it's not the first time it's happened.

Please just leave home 20 minutes earlier from now on Auba :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don't think it is worth to make a big fuss over this. He broke a rule, he suffered the consequences. We move on.

For one thing, at least that makes it clear the rules are the same for everyone. That is a good thing.

Still it’s a poor look if it’s not the first time. We stripped Gallas for that meltdown against Birmingham and I place this in a similar category.

Imagine if you’re a youngster like Saka or ESR and you see the club captain repeatedly late to meetings. Sets a poor standard.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

There's an opinion that who hs the armband doesn't really matter at all, there are leaders on the pitch and in the dressing room, who's wearing the armband has basically no effect.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Arsenal captain Aubameyang dropped by Arteta for lateness​

By David Ornstein and James McNicholas

foT43zeQc0CX_qbZERkPlvGLv_1440x960.jpg

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta dropped club captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang because he reported late for the north London derby against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, it can be revealed.

The Athletic understands this is not the first time that Aubameyang has reported late this season, with Arteta deciding to drop him to the bench as a punishment.

Arteta said before the match that Aubameyang, 31, had been dropped due to ‘disciplinary reasons’, with Alexandre Lacazette selected to lead the line in his absence.

Arsenal impressed despite Aubameyang’s absence, fighting back to beat their bitter rivals 2-1 at The Emirates.

Why was Aubameyang dropped?​

The Athletic understands that Aubameyang reported late for the north London derby at The Emirates.

This is not the first time that the Arsenal captain has reported late, with Arteta deciding to drop him to the bench for Sunday’s game.

Aubameyang was disciplined earlier in the season for missing a COVID-19 test before a European trip, as previously reported by The Athletic, while in February he was “reminded of his responsibilities” by the club for breaching COVID-19 regulations to get a tattoo.

After the match Aubameyang did not join Arsenal’s other unused substitutes in completing a warm-down routine.

What did Arteta say?​

Ahead of the match Arteta confirmed that Aubameyang had been dropped to the bench as a punishment, but did not say why he had disciplined his club captain.

“He was going to start the game but we had a disciplinary issue,” Arteta told Sky Sports.

“We have drawn the line and we move on. We keep it internal.”

When pressed on whether the disciplinary breach had come as a blow, Arteta replied: “We have other players who are willing.”

Arteta reaffirmed his stance after the match, stating: “We dealt with the situation on the day and now we move on.

“He's going to continue to be really important. That's it, no more comments on that.”

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Auba is my guy who I defend from the poverty posting on here a lot, but he's not a great captain is he? :(

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba is my guy who I defend from the poverty posting on here a lot, but he's not a great captain is he? :(

He's no Adams or Vieira, but he was the best choice at the time when Xhaka ****ed up...hope the club aren't thinking of stripping him of it, was punished enough today.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Auba need to behave he didn't do something major but if he keep behaving like this then this is just disappointing

Latest posts+

Top Bottom