• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think we can put to bed stories that we need Auba to score goals, if anything, I'd say we would score 5 today if Pepe or ESR started in his place

Reactions: roz

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Lacazette isn't a world beater. But Auba should be dropped and he's our next best up front. Instill think Laca should be sold in the summer
Tbh, I'd sell both of them, neither actually fit our needs, but other players are linking better with Laca so I'd rather keep him if one of them needs to stay

TinFish

What will it take for Arteta to drop these favourable players that are a hindrance to our performances? Why not give Martinelli a run in the middle?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Abysmal and of zero use if he won't jump in the box or make a run. Nelson or even Balogun couldn't be much worse tbh.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Never goes into 50-50 especially in the air. Doesn't even jump ffs. Pepe won aerial balls as soon as he came in.
And hopefully never plays in the wing again. We really need him back in goalscoring form though.
Confuses the hell out of me when a ball is coming into him in the air and he has his back to it

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Who would fit our needs?
I'm not in the scouting business for sure, but I'd go with someone more similar to Laca simply because it's Laca who combines so well with ESR, Pepe, MO and Saka, it's great to watch them at times.
We definitely need someone who offers the same but can decide games more often then Laca does. It's not great timing to say it because Laca had a great game, but you get the idea

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I really don't want to get on his back, because he's a great striker, and this is a very bad season for him.

I do think he is really not good enough technically on the ball, and today a lot broke down with him. I want to see him hunting poaching opportunities, not constantly out on the left misplacing passes back to Tierney.

Scottish_Gooner.

He has been pretty poor all season, especially the last two games, but I think selling him is a bit extreme. He will bounce back like all great strikers do.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think you could argue that the team plays better with Laca than Auba at the moment.

Long term we need another solution.

Fabregasm

Possibly the worst game he ever played for us. I recall few times we had promising attack only for him to break it up and send West Ham away on counter attack instead

Legend14

Established Member
I had my fingers in my ears when some were saying his contract affected his performance, but prior to his contract he was getting stuck in. He was hungry. He is not the same impact player on the pitch since.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I had my fingers in my ears when some were saying his contract affected his performance, but prior to his contract he was getting stuck in. He was hungry. He is not the same impact player on the pitch since.
He was definitely the same player but was able to add a few more goals.

Iceman10

Established Member

Tempting to do a thread, will the Auba situation become anything like the Özil situation, more because I’ve picked out a few things to suggest not. Don’t want to do it though because I don’t think we’re at the point of needing such a discussion yet.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom