• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
By "we" I meant Arsenal fans. He was loudly booed and jeered that day and of all our players he's one of the most criticised- obviously. I haven't abused him on social media either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen, it absolutely does and it happens to Xhaka quite a lot. I did say his reaction still wasn't warranted but I understand it, even though you may not. It's harsh to say he doesn't give a damn about respecting the badge, he respects our club and takes pride in playing for us. His one rush of blood to the head doesn't undo that.

I also understand if you wouldn't like to see him re-appointed as captain too, that's fair enough. I just feel he's a better fit than Auba, incident and all. Saka is an interesting shout, he's Arsenal to his core but I'm not quite sure he has leadership qualities. Tierney would be an obvious shout but like you say, he picks up a fair share of injuries. Gabriel is someone I could get behind too.
He's had a over a calendar year to apologize for his behavior. It still hasn't happened. He respects his wages and the fact that they'd be lower at any other club. When it seemed there was no way back he was keen to leave. When Arteta offered him a lifeline, he took it for financial reasons. If it was anything to do with love for the club, he'd have given a proper apology. He doesn't care one bit about the badge or what it represents and especially the supporters.

I don't see what you think he's going to improve upon as captain over Auba. You have one guy who offers nothing when he isn't scoring but can produce something good out of nothing and another who slows down our play and can produce a disaster out of nothing along with the history of rash behavior and tremendous disrespect. It's a lateral move at best and a pointless one. It's all moot anyway. A lot of these players shouldn't be here even if we had a Vieira level captain to lead them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Auba is one of the most lethal finishers I'm world. He's never had any serious Injury in his career. He didn't just suddenly decline.
Maybe the manager is not getting the best out of him?
I think he has lost some pace. Which means you have to play him through the middle and to get the best of him you need wide players who can run at defenders and put low crosses on goal. He just doesn’t suit artetas style who prefer to have his fullbacks cross from deep as his main attacking system. Auba should just be patient as this clown will be gone soon

GDeep™

League is very weak
Merson having a go at the club for the Auba extension but he, other pundits, ex players and 99% of the fans wanted the extension. Same thing happened with Özil “Arsenal MUST extend him” but then later people start to backtrack.

The big difference between Auba under Wenger/Emery and now is that he’s not getting the chances to score. He’s always been a very crap footballer in general, I have said it for 10 years on here.

Maybe he’s clocked out mentally I don’t know, big last deal, playing for a dead club and team etc.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Merson having a go at the club for the Auba extension but he, other pundits, ex players and 99% of the fans wanted the extension. Same thing happened with Özil “Arsenal MUST extend him” but then later people start to backtrack.

The big difference between Auba under Wenger/Emery and now is that he’s not getting the chances to score. He’s always been a very crap footballer in general, I have said it for 10 years on here.

Maybe he’s clocked out mentally I don’t know, big last deal, playing for a dead club and team etc.
I don't think he's checked out mentally. People are expecting him to repeat his heroics of last season where he was living off scraps and massively outperforming his xG. Even the very elite CF would have struggled to keep up that xG performance. Nobody is asking the right right questions. We keep focusing on individuals. Why are we not creating chances? I think I'll blame the Manager. Although Auba has not covered himself in glory with his attitude at times. But I just feel it stems from frustration at the lack of adequate service he's getting.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yep him and pepe make huge difference he look different player as CF with runners than playing as LW.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If he embraces the bald rather than try to escape it, feel he will save the season tbh.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

I have always been against the signing of auba, laca and Özil back then. And never liked Nketiah. Simply because they are the type of players who are only good when near the final stage of getting the goal. But they are completely useless in the other 87 minutes, when we are building up.

We need more Sanchez, Van Persie, Cazorla, Nasri, Hleb, Fabregas, Arshavin, Rosicky.....who would make huge impact in creating space/possession/chances/break down opponent’s defence, before we arrived the opponent box.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Look, it's really easy to say we shouldn't have extended Auba. Yet did we have faith that the club would buy an adequate replacement?

We are stuck with a striker who can score 20 league goals a season if we give him the opportunities. It isn't the end of the world.

However, what you need to do is build your team around him and make him cf.

--------------------------Auba/Martinelli

Pepe/Nelson----------------ESR/Ødegaard----Saka

Forget Willian and Lacazette. There are 6 players there that can play behind Auba in multiple positions and when he needs a rest you play Martinelli up top as he is the closest thing to Auba that we have.

All the manager has to do is pick the right players behind him. Don't move him to the left, don't leave him on the bench unless he is being rested.

There is clearly an issue between Arteta and Auba. Its unfathomable how he can fall out with so many players. Auba is the type of character who shows so much emotion. If he isn't happy, it is clear to see. He still works hard, but not at the level he should be.

When he is happy, he is infectious and he has the potential to perform above his xg. So how do you keep him happy? Make him the main man, start him up front, play players with him who create chances and play at pace. Don't lump it to him in the air, don't expect him to drop in and link play. That's why you have a 10 ffs. Lacazette was basically occupying ESR'S space.

Dannyboy

I don't know why people fall for him. He did well for twenty minutes.

He rinsed the club for his contract then drove around in his lambo celebrating the fact.

Arsenal are so gullible in peoples precontract year. They fall for it time after time.

Unprofessional, uninspiring, money hungry - Captain

Should buy Conor Coady regardless of price and get some respect running through the team again

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

ESR and Pepe linked up beautifully and then Auba attempted a ridiculously difficult finish, opening up his weaker foot to slot it far post.

Yeah he missed but not many strikers have the movement and finishing ability to even attempt that type of finish. I also don’t know why Arteta abandoned the fluid three behind Auba system. It clearly works.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We all know it's not all hunky dory but I think it's worse than we think, I reckon there's a conflict there. Dropped for NLD, dropped for most important game of the season, apparently Arteta didn't explain his decision to him.

That's not just 'drop in form' or a bit of discipline for being late. Our coach is in conflict with the captain and highest paid player.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Everyone like "we'll have Auba, Gab and Balogun CFs next year" like where's the evidence, we're gonna have Auba at CF next year under Arteta? The two clearly don't like each other, we can't get rid of one and we show no inclination to get rid of the other. It's a mess.

OSBK

Established Member
Drives me nuts. Been utter utter garbage all season, comes on and misses and chance and creates one and all of a sudden its prime auba again. All this about playing him at cf and it will all work out. Its abit like playing mustafi with 9 more defenders just so we can play him. He played at cf alot this season and he did nothing, eddie/martinelli would run through walls for that shirt and thats the desire we need.

We have seen some bad captains over the time at arsenal but auba this season as our captain has to be up there with the worst. Where was he against liverpool, where was the 350k a week apparant wc cf and captain. I hate it when we give the armband to players just to make them happy, arteta is a bigger bottler than auba and gave the quietest player on the pitch the biggest responsability. Shocking utterly shocking, im actually have a realy struggle to who was a worst summer signing auba or willian. We now have 550k a week sucking up wages and those 2 players cannot get us top 4.

There is a reason wenger used to give 1 year contracts to 30 plus.

Reactions: roz

MikeVinna

Established Member
ESR and Pepe linked up beautifully and then Auba attempted a ridiculously difficult finish, opening up his weaker foot to slot it far post.

Yeah he missed but not many strikers have the movement and finishing ability to even attempt that type of finish. I also don’t know why Arteta abandoned the fluid three behind Auba system. It clearly works.

I think the problem is that those 3 behind Auba have to be ESR/MØ/Saka and we lose a lot of quality if any if those is out. And they’re all struggling for fitness. Pepe/Martinelli aren’t rated by Arteta for some reason so he plays Auba or Willian on the wing a lot. That’s why I hate Mikel because Pepe and Martinelli are talented enough that they deserve a little run in the side.

GoonerJay24

I don't know why people fall for him. He did well for twenty minutes.

He rinsed the club for his contract then drove around in his lambo celebrating the fact.

Arsenal are so gullible in peoples precontract year. They fall for it time after time.

Unprofessional, uninspiring, money hungry - Captain

Should buy Conor Coady regardless of price and get some respect running through the team again
Connor Coady talks alot but is actually a little overrated. I'd truthfully rather have Holding and sign a proper foreign centre half.

Scottish_Gooner.

Don't believe we have another Özil situation. He has had his personal issues and the lack of creativity has been a problem. But for me, playing him on the left doesn't work. He is stuck there. Up top he is free to roam about. We need our best striker leading the line.

Top Bottom