• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

roz

Fake News Merchant
What Auba needs to do is adapt his game to be more team-oriented like Bergkamp did. He didn't score as many goals, but he created chance after chance for his teammates. When he's not scoring, Auba offers us very little. He barely even presses despite his pace.
That’s like asking John Terry & Ryan Giggs to join the church and become priests. Never going to happen.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Highest paid player gets new contract, falling out with manager, left on the bench, then mysteriously ill.

Here we go again.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because we were able to give him a new contract it still gives us an opportunity to recoup some money for him if sold. However he's 32 in a couple of months, I doubt many clubs will be wanting to take him. Could potentially see Barca or Inter going in but that's about it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What Auba needs to do is adapt his game to be more team-oriented like Bergkamp did. He didn't score as many goals, but he created chance after chance for his teammates. When he's not scoring, Auba offers us very little. He barely even presses despite his pace.

??? I can't think of two more opposite players than Aubameyang and Bergkamp. DB10 was creating chances not cos he was forced to adapt to do that, but cos he was a born football genius. Auba couldn't make that Juve assist to Freddie in his dreams, let alone on the pitch.

mirrorstare

Gets crap when he doesn't play, definitely the new Özil

Hope he takes advantage, sets up a twitch channel and enjoys his contract while we keep wondering where our attacking flair went.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
One is having a good half season and the other a terrible season by their respective standards.
How many times do I have to say this?
You can score no goals as a striker but make a hell lot of contributions in attack. Your team will crew chances after chances and score a lot. Auba can score double that figure but still be shxt. Lingard can score half of that but still be double the player of auba because he actually contributes in the team’s buildup of chances. Auba’s on the ball ability is Sunday League level, maybe just slightly better than walcott, but he will never become 1/1000 Benzema/Suarez.

Let's play Aubamawang

??? I can't think of two more opposite players than Aubameyang and Bergkamp. DB10 was creating chances not cos he was forced to adapt to do that, but cos he was a born football genius. Auba couldn't make that Juve assist to Freddie in his dreams, let alone on the pitch.
I never said they were similar players, did I? But as DB10 got older he dropped deeper. Yes, DB10s passing and creativity far surpassed anything Auba has to offer, but he could surely try being more selfless and a team player instead of only being interested in glory and headlines.

Legend14

Established Member
The player needs to perform. Its on him 100 percent. There were no issues with Arteta when he was playing hard and hungry for that contract.

Big difference in attitude and demeaner between Laca and Auba. Laca had every opportunity to hang his head when he was not playing well, but he stayed focused and dedicated and did the little things that he could do until his form returned.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Another couple 100 times might do it. Really give it your all and make sure I understand.
I am glad that you asked, here is the 1st time for you.
This is what I have posted in the auba thread, read and you will understand:

Just look at how Citi plays. They have a team of creative players. It does not matter who is finishing the chances, because if you create enough of them, your team WILL score a lot of goals.

Citi could have anyone playing the striker role, could be KDB or anyone, and the striker don’t even have to score a lot. The main point is, their whole team is creating plenty of chances. The rest just comes down to having anyone to simply get into the box at the end and tap-in an easy goal.

We need a skillful striker, someone like Suarez/Firmino/Van Persie/Sanchez, or can be a Ødegaard with better finishing (you know what I mean). Someone who could work well with other technical players in the team. Auba, Nketiah or even Laca, are too much of a poacher to me. They are not skillful enough.

Having Auba on the pitch means one player down in the build up, meaning less possession, less chances created, more possession lost, more opportunities for the opponent to counter attack.

In other words, if auba plays, we will struggle to create chances, simply because we have one less creative player on the pitch playing against the same number of opponent defenders. And more importantly, it does not only reduce the number of chances we create, the quality of our chances will also be lowered (having 4 creative players vs a block of defenders, is very different to having 5 creative players against a block of defenders).

I would rather have the above mentioned striker scoring no goals for the season, than a 30 goals Auba. Because it means we would have a much more dangerous attacking force as a team.

People have been asking why Auba was not scoring enough. They asked how many goals would Pepe score this season. They compare the scoring stats of Laca to strikers in other teams........

These questions doesn’t mean much to me. In fact, it’s not just down to the individual performance of the player you questioned. It’s not about if their finishing is/isn’t on spot, or if they have/haven’t scored a lot. It doesn’t matter. If your team have created enough chances, your attacking players WILL score.

It’s the fact that we do not have enough creative talent in the team, which has limited the quantity and quality of chances we created. So my criticism is not that these players are not performing (on an individual level), but rather, they are not a creative player so they have limited our chance creation.

There are only few moments in a match that a striker would score goals. How about the other 87 minutes? Being useless in those minutes?

Strikers are also responsible for creating overload, making good combination passing play in the build up, dribbling defenders to create your own space/chance...basically creating possession/chances, and also helping with pressing if needed.

Auba is a great goal scorer, but he is useless in the other 87 minutes. Having a better footballer in the team instead of auba, who would contribute in those minutes would massively improve the quality/quantity of our chance creation.

There is no place for poacher in modern football. What’s the point of having a great goal scorer but he is useless in the remaining 87 minutes? Why not having someone who could contribute a lot in the build up while also good at finishing? (I know these players comes expensive, but my point is, modern football demand strikers to be more than just scoring goals).
Football is more than just doing nothing for the 87 minutes, and then make a great final pass/finish a great goal.

In these minutes, you have to

1) get the team from your own box to the half way line
2) from the half way line to the opponent box
3) finding a way to break down the opponent defence
4) to pass the ball into the 6 yard box with your striker unmarked.
5) finish the chance

Without 1) to 4), how could you possibly going to get 5)?

Look at how we struggle to even get across the half way line against liverpool. We need more technical/skillful players in the team, with better passing ability, close control.....in order to complete 1) to 4), creating chances after chances.

Having auba and laca on the pitch is like 2 man down in that process, that’s why we failed to create anything.

I was against the signing of auba, laca and Özil back then. And never liked Nketiah. Simply because they are the type of players who are only good at 5) (near the final stage of getting the goal). But they are completely useless in the other 87 minutes. We need more Sanchez, Van Persie, Cazorla, Nasri, Hleb, Fabregas, Arshavin, Rosicky.....who would make huge impact in creating space/possession/chances/break down opponent’s defence, before we arrived the opponent box.

After all, it’s not just about finishing. Just look at City. If you have enough creative players to create plenty of high quality chances, you just need anyone to get into the box to make an easy tap-in. They don’t have to be world class finishers. Auba in the team is limiting the quantity and quality of our chance creation, simply because we are one man down in the build up/chance creation process, we are less capable to break a solid defence down.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Toure was never the same after he caught Maleria. We didn't see any signs of a decline in him before. Glad he is okay. But this is a major worry.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom