• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think there is a reason he never played for elite club. Just a glorified version of Walcott and AM had no trouble seeing why Walcott didnt work upfront.
That is a tad harsh to be fair. Auba is elite and has been over years! Especially on the counter and in space. He more or less won us the latest FA cup. Let him get back into form next season and then judge him again.

tcahill

That is a tad harsh to be fair. Auba is elite and has been over years! Especially on the counter and in space. He more or less won us the latest FA cup. Let him get back into form next season and then judge him again.

True, he's probably got back issues from carrying us to that FA cup title.

At the same time though, I think he's used up most of his credit from the FA cup taking last season off. He needs to start putting in performances that justify his contract.

I'm excited to see a fresh and determined Auba with Saka and beast mode Pepe on either side. Only having one game a week may help.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

True, he's probably got back issues from carrying us to that FA cup title.

At the same time though, I think he's used up most of his credit from the FA cup taking last season off. He needs to start putting in performances that justify his contract.

I'm excited to see a fresh and determined Auba with Saka and beast mode Pepe on either side. Only having one game a week may help.
I don’t want to overly defend him, but the family issues he had with his sick mother, catching malaria on international duty etc. sure didn’t help. Being left out against Sp**s for coming late might also have lingered although I support the decision to have him sit. All in all a pretty crap season for him. I would expect him to rebound.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
If he starts the season badly will those defending him change their opinion or will it be Arteta’s fault again?

If we can get any fee this summer I’d like us to take it as unlikely as it seems.

These situations are all of Arsenal's own making. Why have we given him one of the largest pay packets in the league at his age? The club should seriously consider selling if a decent bid comes in

GDeep™

League is very weak
If he starts the season badly will those defending him change their opinion or will it be Arteta’s fault again?

If we can get any fee this summer I’d like us to take it as unlikely as it seems.
Last season it’s the fault of Arteta though? Early on played him out of position, Auba was basically a defensive winger. Then later on played him through the middle again but nobody created anything for him really. Had the illness too.

Not saying Auba didn’t fall off a little bit, but it was mainly Arteta.

You’re now bashing Auba like you bashed Özil.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Last season it’s the fault of Arteta though? Early on played him out of position, Auba was basically a defensive winger. Then later on played him through the middle again but nobody created anything for him really. Had the illness too.

Arteta does play a part but auba has always been no more than a limited poacher.

GDeep™

League is very weak
These situations are all of Arsenal's own making. Why have we given him one of the largest pay packets in the league at his age? The club should seriously consider selling if a decent bid comes in
No bid is going to come in because no club is going to match his wages.

But the fans wanted his extension? I don’t get this, why would you sell your great goal scorer who has just won you the FA Cup?

This is like Özil all over again, and I called it while Özil was here - that Auba would be the next scapegoat.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

But the fans wanted his extension? I don’t get this, why would you sell your great goal scorer who has just won you the FA Cup?

This is like Özil all over again, and I called it while Özil was here - that Auba would be the next scapegoat.
Özil was just as limited as auba. Özil’s assisting pass is like auba’s finishing. Amazing attribute to have but they do nothing good in other areas. Always gone missing when the team need them the most in the build up.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Knew you’d drop Özil in there somewhere 😄

I don’t think either party is clear from blame in Aubemeyangs case though. As you said Arteta didn’t use him correctly last season. Its one of the many reasons I’d like Arteta replaced. Why go all out on a new contract for Auba if you’re going to play him out of position?

Aubemeyangs efforts noticeably dropped though and I feel his behaviour was poor leading up to the Sp**s game which btw the as one of the very few calls Arteta got right imo.

In terms of effort, so far we can say its one off from a poor season all round. Just be interested to see how he starts next season.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

Özil deserved his bashing, he downed tools almost immediately after signing his new contract, stopped playing away games, sowed discord in the organisation via his social media account under multiple managers, fell out with multiple managers, failed to keep himself in peak technical and physical condition so when he did come back under Arteta he was a shadow of himself and continues to be a parasite to Arsenal even now. I've never known such pathetic back stabbing behaviour garner so much sympathy, Kos is hated for what he did but I'd take that kind of honest and up front altercation over all that Özil bollocks any day.

Last edited:

vantoure

called it as well. fans :facepalm:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He had a poor season it happens.
In the modern game in the EPL you cannot be a passenger and you simply must work hard and produce.

Hopefully next season will be better?
I think there was a number of reasons he underperformed last season.
It was obviously a hard time for him both mentally & physically.

Also tactically he is perhaps better suited playing in a 433 rather than in the system we played last season tbh.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He had a poor season it happens.
In the modern game in the EPL you cannot be a passenger and you simply must work hard and produce.

Hopefully next season will be better?
I think there was a number of reasons he underperformed last season.
It was obviously a hard time for him both mentally & physically.

Also tactically he is perhaps better suited playing in a 433 rather than in the system we played last season tbh.
Frankly like everyone, no one talks about him a passenger if he becomes a match winner once again. These type of players are paid for their end product only. If he has lost that, then he is not a starter anymore. Hopefully last season was a personal "blip" for him.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Frankly like everyone, no one talks about him a passenger if he becomes a match winner once again. These type of players are paid for their end product only. If he has lost that, then he is not a starter anymore. Hopefully last season was a personal "blip" for him.
Fair point .
If you are a striker and not scoring people will always question the player. If after signing a fat new contract they sense a lack of application they will question a players attitude & hunger more.
Hopefully he gets his mojo back next season👍

Top Bottom