• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If his finishing isn’t there he’s mostly a nothing player. He could’ve had 4 or 5 goals in pre-season but instead we’re talking about whether he should start or not. Add to the fact that we’re actively looking for a striker to play up front instead of him and it’s not looking good for the future. Yet another contract handed out to someone who won’t be giving a return that justifies the outlay.

Baffling that they extended him if the intention was always to buy another striker as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't know what's going on in training, but Arteta has broken Auba.
Don't think this is the case he just can't finishing the chances he was buried easily before maybe its confidence or he trying to hard he need to go back to basics he elite striker and experienced these things shouldn't affect him

Badger_Revenge

I kind of feel like it happened when other sides shut down that far post curler he fell in love with coming in from the left. He was able to get one at Fulham, and then Arsenal played a bunch of teams using a low block, taking the space for that shot away. He had to come up with some other way to score, and the pressure was on because no one else was scoring. From then on it was one distraction after another.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Auba’s record speaks for itself, but I’m not sure why anybody would be blaming his pre-season form on Arteta. Auba’s not an 18 year old kid. He’s a very experienced 32 year old who is missing some more than passable chances. He didn’t have a great season last year, but it looks like he had all sorts of stuff going on in his personal life with his mom and all that , and you can’t underestimate the effect on his mental health. Granted, we didn’t have a great first half (especially)of the season, too, but when Auba played, for a lot of games, he just didn’t look himself, regardless of the position. Really hope he gets back to being his best self.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Shouldn't have signed Tavares if we're asking for Auba to play LWB.
Seriously though, you stop playing him on the wing and there won't be any critics left. The guy just can't play football but he can score goals, playing him as a CF would make everyone happy I believe.

I don't like him as a player that much, but can definitely accept him as a CF, never as a wide player.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Seriously though, you stop playing him on the wing and there won't be any critics left. The guy just can't play football but he can score goals, playing him as a CF would make everyone happy I believe.

I don't like him as a player that much, but can definitely accept him as a CF, never as a wide player.

I mean, he's been one of the most potent goal scorers in Europe for so long... But you've got to play to his strenghts.

Just can't see the rationale behind having him man marking inside our own box, instead of being off the oponents press shoulder. Even at CF, you don't want him on the build up, but streching the defense with his movement and pace.

We gave him a massive contract and are not building the team around him why? It's baffling.

What Tuchel did to us, is what Auba should be doing to teams. Get him on the slowest CB and make them run for it.

blrgooner

Established Member
He was 1vs1 on the keeper, shot straight in his hands.
He had a completely free header after a perfect Taveres cross and completely misplaced it.

How many chances he wants every game?
Of course it's only preseason, but these aren't positive signs.
Well of course they are not positive signs, My point is that at least with respect to goal scoring, he has shown before multiple times that he has the ability to do that. So I can hope for his form to come back.
The issue is when he is playing on the left and needs to get involved in the buildup, he is awful. This is especially noticeable when we play a formation in which his involvement in the buildup is necessary. I just cannot see him ,Laca and Pepe playing together regularly for a successful team.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I know we're rightly against baldness but my guy needs to accept his fate and shave it off. The burden of dragging the carcass of his deceased hairline appears to be weighing heavily on him.
When it rains its just sad. Man should be playing in a warmer climate if he wants to keep up the facade.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Poor Auba, if only he had a massive batty he could shove into CBs, hogged onto the ball forever and never got into the box, then he'd be the perfect 9 for Arteta.

Ah well, auxiliary LWB will have to do. It's the only role he can do in Artetas system and who am I to question such a genius system where players like Saliba, Willock, Özil are deemed not good enough but Laca, Mari, Willian and Elneny are perfect for.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Poor Auba, if only he had a massive batty he could shove into CBs, hogged onto the ball forever and never got into the box, then he'd be the perfect 9 for Arteta.

Ah well, auxiliary LWB will have to do. It's the only role he can do in Artetas system and who am I to question such a genius system where players like Saliba, Willock, Özil are deemed not good enough but Laca, Mari, Willian and Elneny are perfect for.
This guy right here spittin!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Auba has always been kind of wasteful when compared to the other elite strikers (which he definitely is). That weird super clinical stretch he had has kind of covered up how poorly Arteta has used him.

If we continue to create chances for him and this poor finishing streak lasts more than a few games then we have a problem.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Auba has always been kind of wasteful when compared to the other elite strikers (which he definitely is). That weird super clinical stretch he had has kind of covered up how poorly Arteta has used him.

If we continue to create chances for him and this poor finishing streak lasts more than a few games then we have a problem.

Didn't he have a game for Dortmund against us where he missed loads of chances? Like he completely ruined us but could've had 5 or 6 on the day. Funnily enough IIRC Arteta had an absolute stinker that day..... hold up is this Arteta now taking revenge???

Plutarch

How many useless, ineffective performances does he have to have on the left wing before Arteta stops playing him there? It's a complete waste of time. I mean, isn't that obvious by now?

Top Bottom