• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People are going out of their way to question, doubt, write off etc Auba atm. Missing the odd chance but he’s doing the business in a team that doesn’t create anything, and I’m sure I saw a stat where he pressed more than anyone else etc.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
A lot of people have told themselves he’s physically declined before it’s even happened. Still one of the fastest on the pitch and at the club, shows no sign of any slowdown especially watching him press in vain several weeks in a row. Still doing somersault celebrations.

Not sure what people are seeing at all. If he’s lost a step, it’s very marginal.

If you ignore his age, he's no different in his physically performance than he was 3-4 years ago. If any decline has occured it's marginal and not really noticeable to the eye.

I'd go far to say he's probably working harder than he ever has done in his Arsenal career.

Some fans seem to think players need taking to the care home when they reach 30. It's very bizarre.

With the advances in sports science, training etc and just how players look after themselves these days there's no reason Auba can't perform to a very high level for a couple more seasons yet.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People are going out of their way to question, doubt, write off etc Auba atm. Missing the odd chance but he’s doing the business in a team that doesn’t create anything, and I’m sure I saw a stat where he pressed more than anyone else etc.

It's so odd too, it's like a lot of people have been waiting for an excuse to go all in on him, he was genuinely playing fine before this and somewhat selflessly, he one off game where he misses a penalty a few decent chances and people cannot wait to stick the knife. I wouldn't mind he's playing a hell of a lot better than he was this time last year too.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Auba is the real deal and he is very unselfish striker who fights when we don’t have the ball to track back and he even changes position to accommodate Laca. We certainly would not if won the FA cup or qualified for Europe if not for his hot goal scoring in the Cup. I think the attack will improve, we are starting to create a bit more going forward. I am in his corner for sure but it has to be said the match he played against Watford was the single worst match by a striker I have seen in last couple of years. He is going to bounce back and hit a rich vein of form soon. Last year he had a nightmare season physically and emotionally getting Covid, Malaria, having his grandmother die. He just is starting to shake off all this stuff

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
If you ignore his age, he's no different in his physically performance than he was 3-4 years ago. If any decline has occured it's marginal and not really noticeable to the eye.

I'd go far to say he's probably working harder than he ever has done in his Arsenal career.

Some fans seem to think players need taking to the care home when they reach 30. It's very bizarre.

With the advances in sports science, training etc and just how players look after themselves these days there's no reason Auba can't perform to a very high level for a couple more seasons yet.
Would you extend his contract?

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

A 2 year deal, without question.

I think many underestimate how hard it will be to replace Auba's goals whenever he does leave.

There aren't many goalscorers of his calibre about and even less that would be within our price range or be willing to join Arsenal.

samspade

I think many underestimate how hard it will be to replace Auba's goals whenever he does leave.

There aren't many goalscorers of his calibre about and even less that would be within our price range or be willing to join Arsenal.
Fair, I think you’re nuts personally but each to their own.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This for me. I called him rubbed because I don’t really like what I’m seeing but I wouldn’t say he’s in decline. Physically he’s clearly not and I’ve gone out my way many times to argue against the age bias on here.
I wonder if he cares about his numbers being as crap as they are. He’s not declining but his stock definitely is.

About three years ago you could legit argue that Auba was the best PL striker and one of the best in Europe, now you’d get laughed at for saying that.

I’ll always defend the decline in his numbers but his reputation as a WC striker must be in the mud amongst the average fan. Man got something like ten league goals last season…

I’m already hearing the pundits and commentators talk about us like ESR and Saka are our best players, Auba’s pretty much an afterthought these days. I wonder if this is how he saw his career going…does he even care?😅

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Fair, I think you’re nuts personally but each to their own.

It's quite possible I am 😁

To be honest, even though I like all the players we've bought this summer I'm not a great fan of the 'Youth project' stuff. I've been burnt by that before.

There needs to be a few experienced pros in the starting eleven and if they're ones with a great track record like Auba, all the better as far as I'm concerned.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We’ll literally become a worse version of Brighton without Auba.

As Arsenal fans we’ve kind of been blessed to have a top striker more often than not. Including Auba there are probably less than ten top strikers in all of football and people don’t realise how lucky we (an eight placed PL team not playing in Europe) are to have one of them.

We’ll be very, very, lucky to even get a striker as good as prime Laca after Auba and most of the fan base didn’t even rate him. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m already hearing the pundits and commentators talk about us like ESR and Saka are our best players, Auba’s pretty much an afterthought these days. I wonder if this is how he saw his career going…does he even care?😅
Pundits also made out Tierney was our best player at the club last season and look how that’s turning out.

As long as Arteta is telling him he’s happy with his performances and is clear he’s his man, I don’t think Aubameyang is going to care which is standard.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He just seems like such a nice guy, that I think he is happy to do whatever the team needs, even if it affects his own standing in world football.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Harsh to attribute dropping 2 points against the team that finished one place above us by one point in the last CL place to us losing out on CL? Kind of like saying it's harsh to attribute the theft of my television to the bloke I saw leaving my house with my television.

:lol::lol:

Love this guy!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Arteta stays I personally wouldn’t.

All over the pitch we now have players that are capable of winning the majority of their duels, except our forward positions.

A player that can provide hold up as well as pressing id imagine is top of Arteta’s shopping list. In his 2 years here I’ve never been convinced with what he’s done with either Auba or Laca.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Pundits also made out Tierney was our best player at the club last season and look how that’s turning out.

As long as Arteta is telling him he’s happy with his performances and is clear he’s his man, I don’t think Aubameyang is going to care which is standard.
He’s a special character I suppose but I’d be fuming in his position.

He was/is well in with a chance of making the PL 100 club and potentially as the fastest to ever do it then this fraud comes in and limits him to like 1 chance a game. I remember Sky used to love their Auba graphics showing his record breaking goal scoring feats. Stuff like nobody scoring more than him since he joined the league or him being on course to break quite a few Arsenal records.

Gone from being the trophy winning captain and one of the deadliest marksmen into Europe into some guy who doesn’t even get interviewed after another 90 mins of tracking fullbacks. Damn.

samspade

It's quite possible I am 😁

To be honest, even though I like all the players we've bought this summer I'm not a great fan of the 'Youth project' stuff. I've been burnt by that before.

There needs to be a few experienced pros in the starting eleven and if they're ones with a great track record like Auba, all the better as far as I'm concerned.
I love the youth oriented approach to squad building tbh, I like watching people grow together and even though I don’t know them I take an interest in how individuals player’s career’s develop. I even mostly like watching them get in to new situations and make new mistakes. I think if it’s done properly the rewards can be great with the end goal to have an established top level ecosystem of talents and ages.

But mainly as I get older I’m just less interested in winning tbh, more interested in being excited and looking forward to the game at the weekend. I still wanna win of course.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not even a bad record tbh. Blown way out of proportion it’s a very good thing we didn’t draw or lose.

It's awful, pro footballers should never miss penalties in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom