• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirrorstares

I'm surprised he didn't use his left foot to have a bigger angle with that one chance but he's got zero confidence. I don't think it's physical decline or mental checkout. He just can play this brand of football. No attacker can. Even Giroud and Ade wouldn't thrive in this amoebic "system". DCL won't help us.

It almost looked like he wanted to square it for Gabriel, obviously Gabriel is a defender so you can't blame him for not making any run near that, he already did great with the fake before that.

I don't want to think that might be instructed and we're actively telling our strikers to remove their killing instinct.

Head&Shoulders

Look like I'm watching Özil all over again. I'm coming to stage the maximum wages we should give player is 100k.

350k can't even the target and miss from 2 yards. Embarrassing stuff and I'm seeing people blaming the coaching stuff I'm sorry but the only one to blame is auba himself you can't go from 25 goals striker to league 1 striker in space of months
Nah. Revert back to giving players who are over 30 a one year deal.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yes. You need to create chances for your strikers. Artetas style relies on strikers to have elite conversion.
I don't think we got yo the edge of the Everton box for the first 20 minutes. Strikers will have to do a Carlos Alberto every match

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't think we got yo the edge of the Everton box for the first 20 minutes. Strikers will have to do a Carlos Alberto every match
Do you think the players are refusing to listen to Arteta and has their own style or this is Artetas design? I have never seen a striker play as midfielder when his manager don’t want him to. Otherwise he sub him straight away for refusing to follow orders

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

To be fair. It’s hard to score if you don’t create enough chances. Players missing from one or two chances in a game is common and that’s why it’s important to create at least 3 chances for your striker to score a goal.
And because he gets like 1 chance a game and has missed them it's just compounding his confidence issues.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
How did Arteta do it?
In less than two years, he's turned one of the most lethal finishers in the world into a meme.
His decline was inevitable, it's not all on Arteta. The question is, who thought it would be a good idea to hand him a new contract, maybe that's something for Arteta

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s playing sh*t but we’re still not creating any chances for him. Also IIRC, he always used to miss chances before? Chelsea away in Emery’s 1st season comes to mind. It’s just that we were creating a lot more chances for him back then so he would redeem himself and score his next opportunities.
We're ranked 57th in Europe's top 5 leagues for chances created. That's below teams like Empoli and Angers.

Auba's conversion rate was never sustainable, and is actually right now similar to players like Jota and Lukaku who have some horrendous misses but get away with it because of how regularly they come.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Do you think the players are refusing to listen to Arteta and has their own style or this is Artetas design? I have never seen a striker play as midfielder when his manager don’t want him to. Otherwise he sub him straight away for refusing to follow orders
This is Arteta's design imo. As someone said, we're not defending better, we're defending with greater numbers. That means being very compact and as we drop deeper, we are further away from our goal. This is how they are coached. Only peak Messi, Cristiano and Henry could make this "work". And let's not delude ourselves, it's been like this since Arteta got here. Beast mode isn't a default setting and can't be sustained

Malky

Established Member
In fairness Auba has been on a steady decline every year he's been here, his 'minute per goal' ratio has gradually been getting worse. Although he's went completely off a cliff the past 12 months.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He’s having yet another horror season. He’s physically deteriorating, doesn’t run the channels anymore, and is visibly fatigued in every game. His touch is awful, he’s regularly dispossessed and barely contributes in any phase of play.

This season he has already missed 2 penalties, and in the last week he’s missed an open goal and a chance to grab us a point. We’re not asking him to create his own chances, we’re asking him to put away some tap-ins and a few one-on-ones.

If he can’t do that then he’s no longer ‘elite’.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Did anyone else look at him when he was sitting on the bench at Everton, he looked like he was lost.

I honestly hate seeing him struggle so much, feels bad.

Fabregasm

He’s having yet another horror season. He’s physically deteriorating, doesn’t run the channels anymore, and is visibly fatigued in every game. His touch is awful, he’s regularly dispossessed and barely contributes in any phase of play.

This season he has already missed 2 penalties, and in the last week he’s missed an open goal and a chance to grab us a point. We’re not asking him to create his own chances, we’re asking him to put away some tap-ins and a few one-on-ones.

If he can’t do that then he’s no longer ‘elite’.
It's like as if he's so fearful of missing that he stops trying to make runs to get into goal scoring position . Before his decline I'm sure I was seeing much more movement off the ball when we have possession (not during pressing). Auba strength imo always his intelligent off the ball movement and getting into position for his team mate to make an easy pass for him to tap in or have clear shot on goal.

It's either Arteta tactic clearly doesn't suit him or he has decline to a stage he lost the ability to do that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I doubt Stan gives us the money for a big January signing at CF, so we need Auba (and Laca) to find form until next summer.

To any Gods out in space, please let Pierre score on Saturday...please :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom