• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Absolutely love him already. We haven't had a striker with this many physical and technical tools since Greedybayor's one memorable season. One thing I noticed that maybe didn't stand out to everyone was how easily he wins headers. He gets up so effortlessly and then peels off with a dangerous run. Özil is going to be playing passes that he hasn't played since he was aiming for Cristiano.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Although it was his first game I can see him having the same problems Giroud and Lacazette had with the lack of service to the striker. I think playing number 10's on the wing like we always do makes it harder for the striker because no one stretching the defense. Ramsey is the only other player tryna get on the end of the ball.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Although it was his first game I can see him having the same problems Giroud and Lacazette had with the lack of service to the striker. I think playing number 10's on the wing like we always do makes it harder for the striker because no one stretching the defense. Ramsey is the only other player tryna get on the end of the ball.
Mkhi is a direct player and so I'd PEA and Lacazette. We can realistically play all 3 and Özil. Problem arises in the center. Who do you play and who do you leave out?

My preference is El Nenny - Wilshere. As that allows Ramsey to come in if we're chasing. Great thing about that midfield is that it is balanced and uncongested. Ramsey when turned on is a great all round midfielder, but with our style of play against most teams, Wilshere dictating play from deep with El-Nenny sweeping seems a more logical step.

It's a question if whether or not Lacazette can succeed as an inside forward in our system. I really hope we utilise that lineup.

SteveEvets

Rather encouraged with that debut, easily could have had 3 goals today. What's impressive to me is that he's played 90 minutes last week under massive scrutiny and pressure, then in the days after moved countries, changed clubs, done all the media and other stuff that comes with that, only had a chance to train once, then plays a full 90 minutes in a completely new league scoring a quality goal without looking too fussed. Imagine what happens when he's settled.

Seeing worrying signs, not from him though.

Seems like a lot of our guys have forgotten how to play with a non-targetman.

They never knew how to play with a target man, which is fine. It never suited us.

I've got nothing but optimism for our attack going forward now. We're at our best playing Wengerball which requires quick technical players zipping about. With Micky and Auba coming into the squad the balance is just right. Before, we only had Cazorla as a player who had the technical ability to form the basis for Wengerball, and even then his effectiveness was limited in that regard because he had to stay deep in order to make up for deficiencies in people like Coquelin when it comes to ball retention and so forth.

We were relying on the likes of Giroud, Walcott, Ox, Sanchez. Welbeck, Ramsey, etc. All of those guys are fine bludgeons in final third, but can't be relied upon to build up play to get there consistently. Now with Özil, Mkhitarian, Xhaka, Iwobi, Wilshere we've got a good basis for Wengerball and with Auba and Ramsey stretching and pulling defences around teams won't be able to live with us going forward most weeks. It'll be about finishing.

Defensively we'll still be poor, but the hope is that an increased ability to keep the ball will limit the amount of time the back 4 will actually have to do serious defending we'll see.

MkhiMagic

Absolutely love him already. We haven't had a striker with this many physical and technical tools since Greedybayor's one memorable season. One thing I noticed that maybe didn't stand out to everyone was how easily he wins headers. He gets up so effortlessly and then peels off with a dangerous run. Özil is going to be playing passes that he hasn't played since he was aiming for Cristiano.
It kind of makes sense now when I think about it. He's an all around world class athlete. Blistering pace and a high vertical leap usually go hand in hand. Not the tallest striker but his pure athleticism allows him to outjump defenders easily.

say yes

forum master baiter

That pass into Mkhi was top-class, Giroud-esque linkup :drool:

tenor.gif

TakeChillPill

Established Member

It's catchy but too simple. Özil's chant is quality as was Chamakh's.

Worst chant ever is Walcott's....Theo theo theo lol

Personally I'm going with "Aubameyang's on fire, your defence is terrified"

Would amazing to hear this at the emirates. I think we should have a poll for a new chant! Mods what do you think?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's catchy but too simple. Özil's chant is quality as was Chamakh's.

Worst chant ever is Walcott's....Theo theo theo lol

Personally I'm going with "Aubameyang's on fire, your defence is terrified"

Would amazing to hear this at the emirates. I think we should have a poll for a new chant! Mods what do you think?

I love Auba but there's only one guy on fire and that's Will Grigg, and there's only one set of fans that can belt that out n it's the Norn Irish hey. Jesus it's all we have haha.

say yes

forum master baiter
Two horrendous aubameyang chants reared their ugly heads at the Emirates today fwiw.

1. To the tune of ‘we pay your benefits / is there a fire drill / we’ve got Cesc Fabregas’:

‘We’ve got aubameyang, we’ve got aubameyang, we’ve got aubameyang, we’ve got aubameyang’

2. To the tune of ‘you’re ****ing ****’

Auuubameyang
Auuubameyang
Auuubameyang, Auuubameyang, Auuubameyang

:eek:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Two horrendous aubameyang chants reared their ugly heads at the Emirates today fwiw.

1. To the tune of ‘we pay your benefits / is there a fire drill / we’ve got Cesc Fabregas’:

‘We’ve got aubameyang, we’ve got aubameyang, we’ve got aubameyang, we’ve got aubameyang’

2. To the tune of ‘you’re ****ing ****’

Auuubameyang
Auuubameyang
Auuubameyang, Auuubameyang, Auuubameyang

:eek:
Ugh yeah, hope we find another one.

say yes

forum master baiter
Ugh yeah, hope we find another one.

Hard to start anything decent at the Emirates because nobody sits together tbf. Still hilarious how bad those two are though.

Expect the away fans to come up with something good and then bring it back with them. Once the Emirates knows the tune it’ll catch on quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom