• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

c00lguy

Why is no one getting on this guy's back?
He was awful today. Pace is one of his main attributes yet he got caught by Kompany of all people for pace.

He missed an easy chance. I have to see the replay but I didn't think it was offside at the time, it looked like a square backward angle pass. Nevertheless, he still missed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He really wasn't given a lot to work with. Lacazette would commiserate with him :lol:.

It wasn't a good look for Aubameyang, but it was one chance and the only one he had all game. If he missed 5-6 like Giroud used to do then I'd understand there being a backlash but it was just the one. And that's the problem. We should not be in a position where just having that one chance in a game is a complete knife-edge situation. That's entirely unbecoming of a football club that prides itself on being a predominantly offensive/attacking team that looks to outscore their opponents.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'd say he was being fed scraps, but I'm not sure he even got that much. Makes me feel for Lacazette a bit, it's all very telling.

c00lguy

Top strikers make their own chances and that's what we signed Aubameyang to do. You shouldn't be missing any chance like that in a cup final. City scored in every good chance they had and for all their possession and bossing of the game they didn't actually create many.

Lacking match sharpness. At least he was making some deadly runs and our team mates tried to pass to his good runs. That is more than we are used too.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He really wasn't given a lot to work with. Lacazette would commiserate with him :lol:.

It wasn't a good look for Aubameyang, but it was one chance and the only one he had all game. If he missed 5-6 like Giroud used to do then I'd understand there being a backlash but it was just the one. And that's the problem. We should not be in a position where just having that one chance in a game is a complete knife-edge situation. That's entirely unbecoming of a football club that prides itself on being a predominantly offensive/attacking team that looks to outscore their opponents.

I'd rather that tbh, at least I'd know that we can create chances. These days we're lucky to have 5-6 shots in total as a team.

No qualms with Auba. Early days and all that, but clearly you have ****** like this @c00lguy who's encouraging posters to hate on him which is nothing short of disgraceful.

blaze_of_glory

Any striker will struggle if they aren't getting service. Auba was totally isolated apart from the few spells we had in the first half, one of which he nearly go a goal out of (though it was likely offside). Lacazette has had to deal with much of the same just like you say.

We can't be as negative as we were today and expect our striker to have any joy.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He made a lot of good runs but was feeding off scraps as already has been said, not sure what else he can do, he's clearly not a striker who the balls gonna stick to so we can't use him that way.

blaze_of_glory

Why is no one getting on this guy's back?
He was awful today. Pace is one of his main attributes yet he got caught by Kompany of all people for pace.

He missed an easy chance. I have to see the replay but I didn't think it was offside at the time, it looked like a square backward angle pass. Nevertheless, he still missed.
Kompay is not slow and was not far behind when Auba had to take a touch. He also probably has at least 30lbs on him, no way was Auba going to hold him off there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Irony is Giroud would have been a lot more likely to get something out of our approach today than any of the strikers we still have here.
Could definitely argue that. Giroud's wall-like presence would have at least served something of a carrot for the midfield to play with a bit more dynamism. He'd have had to be on his game though if he was playing.

arsmile

Established Member
this whole season is just the EL...which he's ineligible for

makes you wonder why we brought him in...and why he wanted to come here...

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Are people going to start realising it doesn’t matter if you have Suarez in our system, if they’re isolated and getting no chances then they won’t score

People say “top strikers create their own chances” but that’s mostly not true. They score from half chances and frequently finish the easy chances

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Let the guy settle. he didnt play much before joining us and he's just had a big gap since the Sp**s game. The team were awful today, how on earth can you expect the CF to shine.

c00lguy

@DanDare It's not like we don't have Özil and Ramsey in our team. Plenty of guys to feed him chances.
Aguero had one chance in the game and he buried it, in fact he created it based on awareness and positioning. PEA had an easy chance and he fluffed it.
On top of that his set pieces were atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom