• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Found it ironic how he scored the most difficult chance he got today but it was offside :lol: his pace is his own downfall at times.

Gooner_girl14

Very disappointed with him today, those missed sitters will haunt us for a while, we could have won this. If we're not going to start with Laca and Auba together, let's give Laca a chance vs West Ham.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
In terms of workrate and defensive duties he's the Özil of strikers. Isn't aggressive enough to harass CB's with anything other than his pace if he receives a through or long ball.

Needs to do a lot better if we're gonna press from now on and him alone up front doesn't work without Laca. He's just too isolated and no one is creating space for him because we have improvised wingers in our line-up.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Brought him in as captain for my fpl. Big gamble as I've Aguero in there also. And Mane. And Hazard who I suspect will play against Newcastle. Big pressure on hi. To deliver for little old me.

CanadianGooner1608

Side note: Imagine people calling Sokratis "slow" and he comes up third in speed tests lol.

As for Auba, I'm not worried. He will start bagging them in soon enough. As soon as he gets one, the floodgates will most definitely open.

Interesting note from Emery in his pre-match press conference when asked about playing two strikers from the start, he said his main objective is to control the game when in possession and that can't be achieved with two strikers at the moment, while not closing the door on it.
Thoughts?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Side note: Imagine people calling Sokratis "slow" and he comes up third in speed tests lol.

As for Auba, I'm not worried. He will start bagging them in soon enough. As soon as he gets one, the floodgates will most definitely open.

Interesting note from Emery in his pre-match press conference when asked about playing two strikers from the start, he said his main objective is to control the game when in possession and that can't be achieved with two strikers at the moment, while not closing the door on it.
Thoughts?
He's only slightly slower than Hector.

Would be interesting to see his take-off speed. That's what makes the difference in defense.

When I was a kid I used to be nearly unbeatable at full sprint speed but took a lot longer to get going than my teammates.

CanadianGooner1608

Would be interesting to see his take-off speed. That's what makes the difference in defense.

When I was a kid I used to be nearly unbeatable at full sprint speed but took a lot longer to get going than my teammates.

Spot on.
I mean this is not indicative, and was kind of bullheaded to do, but during the Chelsea game he did carry the ball from his box, nearly to the Chelsea box while beating one or two people on his way there.
At least that and the speed test show me we have a speedy CB, comfortable with the ball/running with it.
It's encouraging indeed.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

That is still very fast, especially for a CB. His acceleration may not be out of this world but it is enough to boost up his recovery speed.

Koscielny and Sokratis would have made a good partnership, unfortunately Koscielny is done in terms of top level competitiveness. I'd like him to retire at Arsenal obviously so we could see him in Emery's system very soon.

I am still sticking to Auba on the left with Lacazette as the main striker. We can afford having both as starters in all big games and the way they were utilised towards the end of last season showed that they have tremendous understanding.

Really hope Emery starts to have both on the field for most games. There really isn't much need in benching either one.

Edit: This is with the understanding that Emery wants to play for control first and a 2 striker formation is out for the time being. That doesn't mean we cannot utilise both PEA and Lacazette and still find a way to squeeze Iwobi in (on merit) in CM.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

The internet decided that Sokratis was a big, lumbering plow horse with no mobility. The internet is often wrong because it's peppered with people who perpetually pilfer presumptions from persons who promulgate fallacious, faulty or downright fabricated (alternate) facts.

CanadianGooner1608

The internet decided that Sokratis was a big, lumbering plow horse with no mobility. The internet is often wrong because it's peppered with people who perpetually pilfer presumptions from persons who promulgate fallacious, faulty or downright fabricated (alternate) facts.

Pretty sure it has more to do with people being so used to us being, let's admit it, subpar in terms of performance (where we are compared to where we hoped we'd be), that they are stuck in that mindset.

There's an expression: "a falling tree makes more noise than a growing forest". People need to relax. So far, from what I see, Sven's recruiting has been top top notch, and we're slowly morphing into being competitive again.

Chelsea wet their pants when we started controlling the game. Even City to some extent saw us trying.

We used to give-up and throw the game once we were outplayed.
Right now I see us willing to adapt to the conditions and fighting back.
We keep that up, the future is bright.

(I'm so far off the Aubameyang topic, I think I'll stop talking here lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom