• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

How does the Auba thread only have 1 page? :lol:

Shows that we’re only interested in debate rather than being happy. We are not worthy.
It’s for the best, people will just call him limited and pine for Giroud and I have zero time for it.

Empty AM thread is a good thing, means the player is performing and everyone has to shut up.

Think we’re just waiting on contract news really.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A free role on the left, playing with a workhorse striker...Arteta has found this guy's best role in England (prefer him in a 3-4-3 as opposed to a 4-3-3 in that role, as you don't have to limit the right sided player in the former formation) can't believe I ever wanted to sell him to raise funds at one point, bellend that I am!

He's one of the most likeable players I have seen at the club, looks a real role model for our younger players...can't believe the media in Germany painted him as some sort of Adebayor-esque figure, just because he has a few shiny cars ffs...a pleasure to watch him play, his off the ball movement is up there with the best ever at this club imo...and while not a "leader" in the typical sense of the word, he has really grown into our captain.

Expect another golden boot for our number 14 next year...this is a great sentence for a nostalgic Arsenal fan, makes the world seem right again :drool:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

4:38 you can actually here Auba blow out his last breath to calm himself. Like it, normally with fans you can’t hear that.:D

razörist

I’ve found the no fans very insightful myself you can hear everything. Even to the instructions Arteta is barking at these guys.

I like it personally but I get it’s not for everyone.
Me too, you can hear the players talk too. Arteta is very easy to hear, very loud voice bless him. I hear Emi organise the defenders in front of him a lot.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Been brilliant on the left, allows him to use his pace on the counter and stealth in to the box when attacking. Don't see any need to play him from the centre when he's so effective from the left.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I’ll start a conversation then.

At this time, Aubameyang is one of the best strikers in the world, and the best in the premier league.
He’s in the league with Ronaldo, Messi and Lewandowski. I don’t see any other striker potentially being better at this current time.
I think he’s at or near the top the tier after the big dogs. Salah, Mane, Vardy (yep), and a healthy Kane are pretty similar re: output recently.

Lewa scored 55 and assisted 10 in 47 games. Messi: 31/26(!) in 44. Ronaldo: 37/7 in 46. Auba bagged 29 and 3 in 44. Maybe slightly harder competition on average (EPL + EL vs. LL/BL + CL), but those 3 are still on a different planet.

Last edited:

DasBootist

I think he’s at or near the top the tier after the big dogs. Salah, Mane, Vardy (yep), and a healthy Kane are pretty similar re: output recently.

Lewa scored 55 and assisted 10 in 47 games. Messi: 31/26(!) in 44. Ronaldo: 37/7 in 46. Auba bagged 29 and 3 in 44. Maybe slightly harder competition on average (EPL + EL vs. LL/BL + CL), but those 3 are still on a different planet.
Auba played under a mug named Emery for half a season. That affects output more than anything.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I’ve found the no fans very insightful myself you can hear everything. Even to the instructions Arteta is barking at these guys.

I like it personally but I get it’s not for everyone.
Me too, you can hear the players talk too. Arteta is very easy to hear, very loud voice bless him. I hear Emi organise the defenders in front of him a lot.

I also find it interesting.
You can hear when Saka got the ball in the box, VanDijk was screaming at his player: outside, outside.

Then on FA Cup final, Jorginho was yelling: Right, right to Zouma, and then Auba goes on his left and scores our winner :)

It would've been great if we had these during Wenger as he shouts: Handbrake off !!!

while during the Emery chaos reign, the only instruction we'd hear is:
Calm, Calm, Calm, Calm, Calm, Calm, Calm !!!!

razörist

I also find it interesting.
You can hear when Saka got the ball in the box, VanDijk was screaming at his player: outside, outside.

Then on FA Cup final, Jorginho was yelling: Right, right to Zouma, and then Auba goes on his left and scores our winner :)

It would've been great if we had these during Wenger as he shouts: Handbrake off !!!

while during the Emery chaos reign, the only instruction we'd hear is:
Calm, Calm, Calm, Calm, Calm, Calm, Calm !!!!
Very enjoyable! You can hear Jorginho moan too after he realized he coached Zouma the wrong way.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Auba played under a mug named Emery for half a season. That affects output more than anything.
Auba scored 8 in 13 in the PL under Emery – 0.62 per game. 14 in 23 under FL / MA – .61 per game

In the EL, Auba bagged 2 in 3 under Emery (2 starts, one brief sub) and 1 in 3 under FL / MA (2 starts, one brief sub).

FA cup was all post Emery, but we know how well that went – 4 in 2. No EFL cup participation this year.

Under Emery: 10 in 16 – 0.625 per
Under FL / MA: 19 in 28 – ~0.675 per

Definitely a slight uptick, but only worth < a goal more this season if you give him credit for the post-Emery run-rate in those 16 first games– not enough to bump him into 'Tier 1.'

DasBootist

Auba scored 8 in 13 in the PL under Emery – 0.62 per game. 14 in 23 under FL / MA – .61 per game

In the EL, Auba bagged 2 in 3 under Emery (2 starts, one brief sub) and 1 in 3 under FL / MA (2 starts, one brief sub).

FA cup was all post Emery, but we know how well that went – 4 in 2. No EFL cup participation this year.

Under Emery: 10 in 16 – 0.625 per
Under FL / MA: 19 in 28 – ~0.675 per

Definitely a slight uptick, but only worth < a goal more this season if you give him credit for the post-Emery run-rate in those 16 first games– not enough to bump him into 'Tier 1.'
Thanks for going to the trouble of procuring the stats of the season gone, but you're looking at it too simplistically. The majority of Aubameyang's goals pre-Arteta were scored in spite of Emery's "tactics", which speaks volumes of Auba's ability. When Arteta took over in December, he prioritised the defensive aspect of the team and has made clear improvements there.

With the addition of Saliba and Gabriel in defence, I believe we will start using a back four for the coming season. This will allow for a third midfielder, more passing lanes in the attacking third and more chances for our forwards.

Let us see how Aubameyang does in the goalscoring department for the 2020/21 campaign.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Thanks for going to the trouble of procuring the stats of the season gone, but you're looking at it too simplistically. The majority of Aubameyang's goals pre-Arteta were scored in spite of Emery's "tactics", which speaks volumes of Auba's ability. When Arteta took over in December, he prioritised the defensive aspect of the team and has made clear improvements there.

With the addition of Saliba and Gabriel in defence, I believe we will start using a back four for the coming season. This will allow for a third midfielder, more passing lanes in the attacking third and more chances for our forwards.

Let us see how Aubameyang does in the goalscoring department for the 2020/21 campaign.

I find it difficult to give Auba a pass for being hard-done by i) Emery's overall (but especially insufficiently defensive) crap tactics and then turn around and do the same re: ii) Arteta's increased defensive focus, especially to the extent that notwithstanding it'd bump him up to the >1 goal involvement / game level. Think that’s more looking for excuses rather than “[not] looking at it simplistically.” But ultimately you're right – next season will tell an interesting tale. I personally think said tale will be in usual range the ~3 goals or assists every 4 games, but would love to be proven wrong (and have undershot).

Last edited:

Wryer

Probably was promised, that team will be strengthen. He won't sing the papers until that happens imo.
Well, that's concerning to me. That's a expectations gap, and God knows what Auba is expecting. Messi?

We need to get this DONE. Otherwise we have a gaping hole goals wise.

Preacher

Always Crying
Well, that's concerning to me. That's a expectations gap, and God knows what Auba is expecting. Messi?

We need to get this DONE. Otherwise we have a gaping hole goals wise.
Player like Partey would be enough, I think.

Top Bottom