• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Stop kidding yourself. We could get Maldini, Puyol and Thuram out of retirement and they would look like amateurs here.
Anyone who comes at Arsenal will take stupid pills and eventually unlearn anything useful about defending.

Well, to be fair, Maldini is 51, Puyol 41 and Thuram 47, so I really wouldn't expect much out of them anyway. :D

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeah it’s honestly a no-brainer if they offer us Jovic and cash.

He’s not going to renew here, only has a couple of years left at the top, and is on massive wages. At this point we’ve got to be smarter with our squad: trade for the hot prospect and rebuild around him.

I'm sure Liverpool fans didn't love seeing their club sell Suarez and later Coutinho, but the cash they got -- spent far more wisely than Arsenal was spending their funds at the same time -- is what built the squad they have now. Coutinho basically got them VDV and Alisson.

Arsenal needs to start thinking about cashing in on their older stars anyway. If you can get a good chunk of money plus Jovic in return, that sets you up pretty well (we just have to hope Arsenal spends the money wisely). Arsenal has plenty of younger forwards with enormous talent and potential. They need defenders and midfielders.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Honestly couldn’t give a toss if he leaves.
Earlier in this thread you mentioned that he's the only WC player we have left in the squad. I agree. Did you change your mind or do you think we can afford to sell our only WC player?

I'm conflicted. I'd much rather sell Lacazette, but I get Auba's wish to leave this club and pursue titles elsewhere. He's also getting on in age and we need to think long term for the striker position.

Think it would have a really detrimental effect on the squad to sell him in January. At the same time Jovic + €50 million, would be a good first step to a long term rebuild of the squad.

Not sure. Definitely don't want Ceballos as part of the deal as stands though. He's really disappointed me thusfar.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Him or Lacazette need to go as they dont work with how we set up. Jovic coming in would be a worse problem if Lacazette remained but if we got rid of them both and brought Jovic and gave Martinelli a run then I think that could work.

Malky

Established Member
Him or Lacazette need to go as they dont work with how we set up. Jovic coming in would be a worse problem if Lacazette remained but if we got rid of them both and brought Jovic and gave Martinelli a run then I think that could work.
Even if we keep Auba I’d still sell Laca, we’d get a decent fee for him that can be used on a CM or CB and no more forcing Auba outwide.
I like the possibility of Martinelli/Jovic/Pepe front 3 ( if Auba has decided he’s leaving ) gives us a young, exciting attack.

Jae

Even if we keep Auba I’d still sell Laca, we’d get a decent fee for him that can be used on a CM or CB and no more forcing Auba outwide.
I like the possibility of Martinelli/Jovic/Pepe front 3 ( if Auba has decided he’s leaving ) gives us a young, exciting attack.

This thing about Auba getting "shoved out wide" is a myth. He can be ineffective at times playing through the middle and he can score sometimes playing out wide.

At least Lacazette actually puts a shift in and contributes to our overall play, even when he's having a stinker. He's been involved in the same amount of goals as Auba this season.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I want a centre forward who is, fast, good in the air, complete technically and ice cold in front of goal with good movement.

I dont really want blistering pace to be the key factor, just fast enough to beat a man and get away.

However, I don't think that player exists currently.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I want a centre forward who is, fast, good in the air, complete technically and ice cold in front of goal with good movement.

I dont really want blistering pace to be the key factor, just fast enough to beat a man and get away.

Benzema.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Sell while we can still get a good fee for him. This team isn’t winning with him.
Ok, sell him while we can still get a fee... I wouldn't, but I understand the fee part of it. His stock is high right now. But 'this team isn't winning with him'? What does that mean? You're implying it's his fault, or even part his fault, despite him scoring **** loads of goals for every underperforming manager and team we've had since he's been here. He's literally the only player who has remained immune to this diseased rat of a side, and has carried on doing what he's there to do o_O Such a weird thing to say.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Can't Martinelli be that player? I think he's good technically, more than people think and still 18, can improve.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Bobby Firmino?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bobby Firmino?

We need Firmino before he became centre forward Firmino. He wasnt a centre forward before he went to Liverpool, we need that wide forward with good aerial ability and composure in front of goal as I don't think we will find the centre forward.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Time to sell. This season is a write off and all parties can win with the sale of Aubameyang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom