Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out) | Real willing to include Luka Jovic in deal [Duncan Castles]

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by El Duderino, Nov 5, 2019.

1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Auba is better of course, but the combination of his age and contract situation means we’ll get less for him than what the others will go for.

Reading 80-100m for Haland.

2. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

We might have to take the hit. Auba couldn't refuse Barca or Real. Kills our season, but gives the new manager money to play with. Auba would leave in the summer anyway with no champions league.

3. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Barca's transfer activity is very similat to ours the last few years, don't buy what's needed, buy what is available...should be looking to sort out their midfield, Auba would be good for them though.

4. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Maybe 40-60 for me. Farmer league boy tbf.

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

We got that much for Iwobi. Haland has 100 times more hype, is scoring in the CL and being linked with super clubs.

Maybe a farmer leaguer, but strikers are very hard to get so their price is inflated.

6. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

English player are inflated as well tho. You might be right. A.Madrid did pay 100 mil for joao felix tho. Which seems a better talent from the YT clips. Hard for Håland to do better than he does tho :lol:.

GDeep™ likes this.
  7. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

No no no, no no.

Absolute nothing in this rumour, Aubamyang as good as he may be is not what Barca would want, Auba is a goal scorer and that is all, his non existent build up play is the complete opposite of what Barca look at.

They just paid how much for Griezmann, they have an aging Suarez and Messi, it makes no sense for them to chuck Auba in the mix.

But saying all that, Barca's transfer policy is a complete mess and they make some strange purchases..

Artisan, American_Gooner and Riou like this.
  8. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Haaland is going to be a beast. He has an excellent attitude and is a model professional. Very down to earth.

Self confident without being arrogant. Not sure Man United is the best choice for though.

9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Sell him. Just to end that cringe worthy relationship he has with Lacazette.

10. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Shambles if we sell him. Makes Lacazette our main striker and he won't score half the goals Auba does. We'll also get bent over a barrel if we try and sign Haland or Werner.

11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

AM has been telling me Lacazette is a cross between Aguero and Firminio and his poor goals return is down go minutes or whatever. Auba leaving might allow Laca to flourish, I want to see.

hydrofluoric acid and celestis like this.
  12. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Giroud to make his return? Available for £5m this January

13. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

So do I, but Laca ain't on the same level as Auba. He's certainly nowhere near the level of Aguero or Firminio either.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Arguments like this is why no one takes the anti-Laca brigade on here seriously.

Sanchez11's ghost and Riou like this.
  15. roz

roz Well-Known Member

I would honestly have him back. Very underrated player amongst Arsenal fans. Can actually head the ball which would be good seeing as Emery can only get his players to go wide and cross into the box

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

I’m not part of any brigade, just call it as I see it.

You put me in the anti Emery brigade last season, even then I was part of no brigade.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  17. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

We've argued this before and you came to agree with me that he's more in the Wiltord and Eduardo mold. Who the **** has been saying he's an Aguero and Firminio mix?

18. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Always thought Wiltord was a very good player, could play a few positions to a high level...great character too!

krackpot and al-Ustaadh like this.
  19. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

The only hope I have that Auba stays is that he had been prepared to go to China, if we throw enough money at him, he might stay.

20. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I can't believe not thinking Laca is world class is regarded as some kind of hot take. Literally no one outside of this fanbase actually rates him at all.

If we sell Auba then we have to replace him, relying on Lacazette is just not an option for me. There's a reason why just months after we signed him Wenger was desperate to bring in Auba.

Malky, hydrofluoric acid and Artisan like this.