• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Can't believe there's the possibility of him leaving us in January and we'll look back on his time here - one of Europe's few elite CF's time at Arsenal where we played him out wide to play Lacazette at CF instead.... seriously, what a ****ing waste!

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reality is we’re likely to be a mid table club this year and in a bit of rebuilding mode soon. I can understand his wanting to leave, being on his third coach and now shunted out to the wings on a team that is in flux. He’s certainly scored a bunch of goals to keep us afloat.

Polar Bear

If we lose Auba then thats it for me, thats the final straw. Don't think I can take anymore.. that will be the final nail in the coffin.

If we lose him it will be a disaster... firstly it would cost HUGE amount of money to get a striker that scores so many goals, and secondly they would not even want to come, who in their right mind will come.. it would never happen, it would be the final nail in the coffin.

I can't believe some of you are fine with it, its awful if he leaves, and you think guys like Leno won't see this and have similar thoughts/feelings, and especially their agents.

Polar Bear

This "age" thing is overplayed. Auba is a deadly finisher and has an amazing ability to score goals from nothing, this is a deadly art and most people don't have it, there is no age in it. Vardy is 33 and scores goals after goals after goals and looks better every bloody month I see him.. Lewandowski is 31 and scoring more goals than ever.. Auba is very slim line and doesn't have much muscle or fat.. he can easily score tons of goals for the next 3-4 years. He is nowhere near finished for his style, he is a pure goalscorer, he ain't gonna lose it.

Mark my words in year 2024 Auba will be scoring tons of goals still, he scores sooooooooo many tap ins, he just has an amazing ability for the ball to fall to his feet. He doesn't run past 6 players with incredible pace and skin them, he is a box player.. he can go on for many years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
@Polar Bear his contract is running down, we don’t have a choice, he’ll be free in 18 months.

That’s why people are happy to to accept a sale, rather that than lose him for free.

Otherwise who wants a 30 goal a season guy to leave.

Polar Bear

@Polar Bear his contract is running down, we don’t have a choice, he’ll be free in 18 months.

That’s why people are happy to to accept a sale, rather that than lose him for free.

Otherwise who wants a 30 goal a season guy to leave.
Yeah i totally understand what you're saying, we don't want another Ramsey situation which was a catastrophic loss for free...

I dunno I just feel so sad man, feel like things can't get any worse. Seems like its bad news every time this season.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Sadly it’s to the point where I can almost see Giroud retuning being good for the club (if PEA is off).

PL proven. Despite not being great at it himself, Giroud holds the ball up better than both Lacazette and PEA combined, so maybe we’d actually get up the pitch from time to time after Leno kicks it long vs it going right to the opposition and our midfield seeing wave after wave of pressure. I could see Pepe, Martinelli, and Tierney benefiting from having someone to combine with. On top of that Özil’s most ‘productive’ run came while Giroud was in the team as he had someone to ping balls off his head. And finally he’d help defending set pieces lol.

Sorry, I’m likely blinded by darkness, but the run of United, Palace, Sheffield and Chelsea again coming up has me fearing being down in the relegation places soon and as we know the only thing to do is panic and make the short sighted signings!

On top of all that we’d ascend to a completely different plane of banter as a club, so the fallout would likely be the most entertaining thing to happen all season. @say yes and @blaze_of_glory losing it on either end would be loads of fun.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he wants to leave, let him leave. He isn't at an age where he can be at the club long enough for us to become successful again. His contract situation is also a problem. The desperation of Barcelona and Real Madrid for another goal scorer means we could get a decent fee for him. However it's all about what we do with the money.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Ideally for our safety, we'd keep him until the summer but get Laca fit and tell him to stay in the box and we might, with a balanced midfield be just as effective. We've never struggled so badly for goals until Emery arrived and under Wenger, we regularly had a highest number of different scorers in the PL. We need to go back to the latter but find a more rounded striker. I doubt van derby Beek wants to come but maybe Overmars will take pity on us and help us out.

CJJ

Established Member
At this point in time i don't have time for people not interested in turning this around. Cash in and lets move forward. He's good but not indispensable.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
so many of our occasional scorers from last season have gone

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Last Goal: vs. Burnley (A, May 12, 2019)
Braces: 5, Hat-tricks: 0
22 (31)

Alexandre Lacazette

Last Goal: vs. Newcastle United (H, Apr 1, 2019)
Braces: 1, Hat-tricks: 0
13 (19)

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Last Goal: vs. Bournemouth (H, Feb 27, 2019)
6 (6)

Mesut Özil
Last Goal: vs. Crystal Palace (H, Apr 21, 2019)
Braces: 0, Hat-tricks: 0
5 (6)

Aaron Ramsey

4 (6)

Granit Xhaka

Last Goal: vs. Manchester United (H, Mar 10, 2019)
4 (4)

Alex Iwobi

Last Goal: vs. Huddersfield Town (A, Feb 9, 2019)
3 (6)

Laurent Koscielny

3 (3)

Shkodran Mustafi

Last Goal: vs. Manchester United (A, Dec 5, 2018)
2 (3)

Lucas Torreira

Last Goal: vs. Huddersfield Town (H, Dec 8, 2018)
2 (2)

Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Last Goal: vs. Liverpool (A, Dec 29, 2018)
1 (2)

Nacho Monreal

Last Goal: vs. West Ham United (H, Aug 25, 2018)
1 (1)

Eddie Nketiah

1 (1)

Sokratis

Last Goal: vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers (A, Apr 24, 2019)
1 (3)

Danny Welbeck

1 (5)

od3l

TornadoTed

Established Member
Ideally for our safety, we'd keep him until the summer but get Laca fit and tell him to stay in the box and we might, with a balanced midfield be just as effective. We've never struggled so badly for goals until Emery arrived and under Wenger, we regularly had a highest number of different scorers in the PL. We need to go back to the latter but find a more rounded striker. I doubt van derby Beek wants to come but maybe Overmars will take pity on us and help us out.

Although we have been woeful in attack this season I think that is a little unfair to blame it all on Emery. We were 3rd top scorers in the league last year with 73 goals behind Liverpool and City. We scored 10 more than Chelsea, 8 more than United and 6 more than Sp**s. I agree we need more goals from the rest of the team however, we are way too reliant on Auba at the moment.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If theres a deal to be done have to renew.

Its a worry how we would replace his goals or even the level of players we could attract once the last few names go next season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
so many of our occasional scorers from last season have gone

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Braces: 5, Hat-tricks: 0
22 (31)

Alexandre Lacazette

13 (19)

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

6 (6)

Mesut Özil

Last Goal: vs. Crystal Palace (H, Apr 21, 2019)
5 (6)

Aaron Ramsey

4 (6)

Granit Xhaka

Last Goal: vs. Manchester United (H, Mar 10, 2019)
4 (4)

Alex Iwobi

Last Goal: vs. Huddersfield Town (A, Feb 9, 2019)
3 (6)

Laurent Koscielny

3 (3)

Shkodran Mustafi

Last Goal: vs. Manchester United (A, Dec 5, 2018)
2 (3)

Lucas Torreira

Last Goal: vs. Huddersfield Town (H, Dec 8, 2018)
2 (2)

Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Last Goal: vs. Liverpool (A, Dec 29, 2018)
1 (2)

Nacho Monreal

1 (1)

Eddie Nketiah

1 (1)

Sokratis

Last Goal: vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers (A, Apr 24, 2019)
1 (3)

Danny Welbeck

1 (5)

od3l
Apart from auba laca the others contribute next to nothing :lol:

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At least other players are getting chances now, if Lacazette had any sort of form he’d of outscored Auba in the past two games. Put Martinelli in his position and he’d probably have grabbed at least one.

Not sure it’s as dire as it seems, especially if we can replace with either a winger or centre back.

Reactions: roz

ArsenalFever

My idea of the ideal solution, if he leaves on the lowest end of the valuation roughly 50m, use the funds to bring in Krzysztof Piątek, will cost a bomb, but one that will not only solve the present scenario, but also the years ahead.

Positives: He's a boyhood Arsenal fan.
Negatives: Auba leaves on the lower end.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
My idea of the ideal solution, if he leaves on the lowest end of the valuation roughly 50m, use the funds to bring in Krzysztof Piątek, will cost a bomb, but one that will not only solve the present scenario, but also the years ahead.

Positives: He's a boyhood Arsenal fan.
Negatives: Auba leaves on the lower end.

Piatek having an awful season that's why Milan going with 37 years old Ibra.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Piatek is horrible this season. AC Milan fans are happy to buy Ibra, who is going to replace Piatek.

ArsenalFever

Yes he's record this season isn't comparable to last, but this just reflects Milan, not necessarily he's ability, he's already proved himself imo and could be a great time to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom