• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
You don’t last 10 years at Real under multiple managers and battle with other strikers without being at full potential and a star. I think he gave all he could in terms of potential.

Would be a bigger “star” if he was at Arsenal or Liverpool etc where there are no other great players, at Real there is a new star born every season.

6/7 league titles in his career, 4 CL’s, one of the greatest CV’s in the history of the game.
I'm not disagreeing here but I think he could've done and grown far more as an individual player. He had that kind of ability to become a superstar. Despite his honors and records etc there's been quite a few strikers I'd rather have over him during this period.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Benzema won't retire as a Lyon, Madrid or France legend. Not elite.

If Aubameyang stayed here for 3 years and won something meaningful (don't laugh yet) he would be in consideration as a legend.

Sadly, I think he'll leave. With this Coronavirus situation, I'd be half tempted to run his contract down. Sell Laca asap instead.

GDeep™

League is very weak

If Aubameyang stayed here for 3 years and won something meaningful (don't laugh yet) he would be in consideration as a legend.

Just shows the levels they operate at. Benzema can win 4 European Cups, score in finals, score or assist in 300 of 400 games over 10 years, play for the greatest club ever and isn’t a legend.

Auba can play for a club suffering it’s biggest slump in 30 years, not score in the big games (EL final) but will be a legend if he wins one meaningful thing.

I think I know which is the higher/elite level.

truth_hurts

Would take more than one trophy to make Auba a legend here, he would just be in the Van Persie/Anelka level at that point, not the Henry/Bergkamp level...takes a quite a lot to be a legend here.

You're right actually. Auba can't be mentioned in the same breath as invincibles. I take it back.

truth_hurts

Just shows the levels they operate at. Benzema can win 4 European Cups, score in finals, score or assist in 300 of 400 games over 10 years, play for the greatest club ever and isn’t a legend.

Auba can play for a club suffering it’s biggest slump in 30 years, not score in the big games (EL final) but will be a legend if he wins one meaningful thing.

I think I know which is the higher/elite level.

Just showed he wasn't that Good as Ramos and C.Ron will go down as legends despite spending similar or less time there.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
PEA should not listen to his advisors here. He will be 31 soon. If Arsenal offer him a 3 year contract at around the same wages he's on, he should sign up straight away. Not only because the money is very good, but he is loved by the supporters.

At Real Madrid, he will just be 1 of many. At Arsenal, he is a Captain and should look it as motivation to help us win something.

With that said, we should not break the bank for him. He can stay at the same salary for 3 more years, or get rid.

Two wrongs doesn't make it right. The Özil contract was a collosal failure.
No way we should be giving stupid contracts like that unless you have player on the Messi, Ronaldo, Theirry Henry level.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Saw a video of Prince Boateng telling him to stay at Arsenal as he is the captain and he is loved here. I couldn't agree more! He should just watch the Cesc podcast and see others who have left and felt like they miss it here. I believe when our club loves a player we truly look at them in a special way and know how to give them the most respect!

GDeep™

League is very weak
The “love” argument is pretty strong, I’m not sure at this stage in his career he has enough time to go elsewhere and get the sort of love he already has here, and the further hearts he’ll win with an extension and potential future success.

That said, who can say no to Real or Barca? Especially at 30/31. Say no to CL football, living in Spain, sharing a dressing room with Messi, Zidane etc.

I won’t begrudge him a move. I also don’t rate him at all.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Sadly, I think he'll leave. With this Coronavirus situation, I'd be half tempted to run his contract down. Sell Laca asap instead.

Benzema is definitely a Madrid legend, a lot of the players who won the 4 CL's are Madrid legends. That run will go down in history, 4/5 CL's winning 3 in a row.

Arsenal1508

The “love” argument is pretty strong, I’m not sure at this stage in his career he has enough time to go elsewhere and get the sort of love he already has here, and the further hearts he’ll win with an extension and potential future success.

That said, who can say no to Real or Barca? Especially at 30/31. Say no to CL football, living in Spain, sharing a dressing room with Messi, Zidane etc.

I won’t begrudge him a move. I also don’t rate him at all.

La Liga clubs are cutting wages - they can't compete. Only if he's an idiot he goes to Real Madrid at this stage of his career.

Arsenal1508

Benzema is definitely a Madrid legend, a lot of the players who won the 4 CL's are Madrid legends. That run will go down in history, 4/5 CL's winning 3 in a row.

To be a legend, you have to be rather special...especially a Real Madrid legend. With that said, you can't put Benzema there when CRONALDO was top boss for 9 seasons straight. Class player, but not World Class like CRonaldo. To be fair, only a few World Class Players exist in football, with that term getting thrown around a lot on simply Class players.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
To be a legend, you have to be rather special...especially a Real Madrid legend. With that said, you can't put Benzema there when CRONALDO was top boss for 9 seasons straight. Class player, but not World Class like CRonaldo. To be fair, only a few World Class Players exist in football, with that term getting thrown around a lot on simply Class players.
Ronaldo far above world class. Top 2 player of all time second only to the goat messi

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
But Giroud has surpassed both Benzema and Arsenal with his achievements I think. He is a monument on an individual level.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Should get a decent fee for him at least.

In that case I'd sell both him and Lacazette - who I would've sold anyway. I kind of rate him but he's not the needed starting striker, blocks Martinelli and Nketiah as backups, can generate a decent fee.

Thing is who do you get in as starting striker right now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hold him to his contract imo, whatever fee we get for him won’t replace the goals he’d score for us next year and a potential top four place.

I’m always changing my mind on cashing in or keeping. Hard decision for the board to make really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom