• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

y

ya, that will help our chances of getting top 4 :rolleyes:
The manager already killed our.m chances of top 4 with his reaction to Auba situation. This is the 3rd player he had falling out with and once you do you gone for good. Then we saw the Tavares situation last game. This man is just a weird man

Liam_Og

The manager already killed our.m chances of top 4 with his reaction to Auba situation. This is the 3rd player he had falling out with and once you do you gone for good. Then we saw the Tavares situation last game. This man is just a weird man

He’s a disciplinarian. We haven’t seen that in modern football in years, as a result player’s ego’s have grown and overtaken the bigger picture.

Wenger was a soft touch. A genius, but a soft touch. Can you imagine Fergie putting up with players acting their shoe size rather than their age?? I can’t.

I’m not defending Arteta. But i see no issue with expecting 100% professionalism and commitment from players who are being paid the amounts that they are. I really don’t see that as unreasonable.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s a disciplinarian. We haven’t seen that in modern football in years, as a result player’s ego’s have grown and overtaken the bigger picture.

Wenger was a soft touch. A genius, but a soft touch. Can you imagine Fergie putting up with players acting their shoe size rather than their age?? I can’t.

I’m not defending Arteta. But i see no issue with expecting 100% professionalism and commitment from players who are being paid the amounts that they are. I really don’t see that as unreasonable.

Wenger wasn’t a soft touch, he was actually quite ruthless when he needed to be as most players over 30 and Adebayor can attest. He commanded respect from everybody and kept his punishments in house. That’s the difference.

The stuff we see now is just for cameras because there’s nothing else really to cheer, so we make a spectacle of rolling heads instead.

It’s a preference thing.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Wenger wasn’t a soft touch, he was actually quite ruthless when he needed to be as most players over 30 and Adebayor can attest. He commanded respect from everybody and kept his punishments in house. That’s the difference.

The stuff we see now is just for cameras because there’s nothing else really to cheer, so we make a spectacle of rolling heads instead.

It’s a preference thing.
Exactly wenger knew when to cut his loss and would never go to war with a player in public. He always protected the player and most importantly the clubs interest. Also if he was dropped for missy’s days training. How does one go from being a starter and captain to you are done and not gonna even make the bench anymore. The clubs desperation now will lead to every club knowing we are desperate for a striker and will absolutely rinse us. The fee and wages for vlahovic that’s talked about is pure madness. We are willing to give him 10 times wage increase

samshere

Why so serieuse?

We can't lose one player every season because of disciplinary issues. Arteta will have to figure out some other way of getting the players in line, throwing them out is hurting Arsenal more.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

With your mentality we’d be relegated if the players had their way. Shocking stuff. The players need to fall in line or get out. Simple
Why would players want to get relegated? You make it sound like Arteta is keeping us in the pl and without him these players would get relegated. This is not dictatorship. One of the most important qualities is man management and Arteta clearly lacks it.Auba went from starter and captain to banished in one week. Lukaku who did far worse didn’t get that. In fact Tuchel handled it with so much class and no emotions protected his player.

daron christie

Why would players want to get relegated? You make it sound like Arteta is keeping us in the pl and without him these players would get relegated. This is not dictatorship. One of the most important qualities is man management and Arteta clearly lacks it.Auba went from starter and captain to banished in one week. Lukaku who did far worse didn’t get that. In fact Tuchel handled it with so much class and no emotions protected his player.
If the players all turned up late for matches and training like Auba how would we win games ..?

Lukaku publicly apologised…haven’t heard zip from Auba

Setting standards and a committed culture is not called dictatorship it’s called winning

Your too soft..

daron christie

Also if it was a dictatorship Auba would of been gone after arriving late for NLD.But he was given a second chance and still messed up..

Liam_Og

I agree on the over 30’s contracts, he stuck to that.

But it was widely reported that he gave certain players additional benefits over the rest of the squad. I think Ramsey even said in a video interview that Mesut would sneak off for a little chat with the boss and he’d get extra days off etc. no doubt he would tolerate Auba and probably get more out of him, but with him being the senior man in the youngest squad in the PL, Arteta can’t do that, even if he wanted to, he needs seniors to be leading by example.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I agree on the over 30’s contracts, he stuck to that.

But it was widely reported that he gave certain players additional benefits over the rest of the squad. I think Ramsey even said in a video interview that Mesut would sneak off for a little chat with the boss and he’d get extra days off etc. no doubt he would tolerate Auba and probably get more out of him, but with him being the senior man in the youngest squad in the PL, Arteta can’t do that, even if he wanted to, he needs seniors to be leading by example.
That was one anecdote from Ramsey that people have clung onto for years. That's just man management, there's a reason all of Özil's best days are under Wenger and nobody else since.

Tuchel has literally proven there is more than one way to skin the cat when it comes to your main super star striker going rogue.

The way it was done, the announcement and the ongoing exhile, it's Mickey Mouse to be honest. Even Özil wasn't excluded and he actually went to war with the club, because Arteta knew the dynamics at the time and with his vindictive and cerebral ways, picks his moments to put his foot down.

Not enough people are able to see through this facade.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That was one anecdote from Ramsey that people have clung onto for years. That's just man management, there's a reason all of Özil's best days are under Wenger and nobody else since.

Tuchel has literally proven there is more than one way to skin the cat when it comes to your main super star striker going rogue.

The way it was done, the announcement and the ongoing exhile, it's Mickey Mouse to be honest. Even Özil wasn't excluded and he actually went to war with the club, because Arteta knew the dynamics at the time and with his vindictive and cerebral ways, picks his moments to put his foot down.

Not enough people are able to see through this facade.
The problem is he is forcing the club to do something. So he is gonna ignore Auba and has laca and nketiah leaving in the summer. 2 and half weeks left on the window. So now they have to buy a striker, but other teams know Auba is banished and the other 2 are leaving in 6 months. So they know we are desperate. But this also gives laca and nketiah a chance to exploit the situation and use the first team games to build a case for other clubs to spend big on them. Since i doubt they want to go in with whole new strike force the biggest winner here is laca who can demand long term contract from them. Because Arteta is so inexperience he cant see the long term effect his short sighted reaction have on the club. I also hated how he kept this going by later saying all i am asking for players is to respect the club implying Auba has no respect for the club

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The problem is he is forcing the club to do something. So he is gonna ignore Auba and has laca and nketiah leaving in the summer. 2 and half weeks left on the window. So now they have to buy a striker, but other teams know Auba is banished and the other 2 are leaving in 6 months. So they know we are desperate. But this also gives laca and nketiah a chance to exploit the situation and use the first team games to build a case for other clubs to spend big on them. Since i doubt they want to go in with whole new strike force the biggest winner here is laca who can demand long term contract from them. Because Arteta is so inexperience he cant see the long term effect his short sighted reaction have on the club. I also hated how he kept this going by later saying all i am asking for players is to respect the club implying Auba has no respect for the club
Like you’re getting at, it’s political :lol:

People getting a hard on over a public display of authorotah, but it’s politics.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Like you’re getting at, it’s political :lol:

People getting a hard on over a public display of authorotah, but it’s politics.
Yeah the thing that worries me is I don’t see anyone above Arteta telling him to chill and think of what you doing. I don’t even know how calculating Arteta is, I think he is just a very young manager with chip on his shoulder. I think we are basically run on Artetas emotions than logic.

One thing I will give Arteta is he knows in this country we love symbolism of passion and desire. So when he says empty phrases like all I’m asking for is commitment and hard work. It gives our fans a boner

Diesel

If the players all turned up late for matches and training like Auba how would we win games ..?

Lukaku publicly apologised…haven’t heard zip from Auba

Setting standards and a committed culture is not called dictatorship it’s called winning

Your too soft..
Winning? Our manager has been win 1 lose 1 draw 1 since he's gotten the job. Dont know what winning u talking about. Dont we have like 7 league losses and about to get bounced from another cup in same week?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Winning? Our manager has been win 1 lose 1 draw 1 since he's gotten the job. Dont know what winning u talking about. Dont we have like 7 league losses and about to get bounced from another cup in same week?
When judging Arteta you can’t look at the results. Sometimes Arteta loses matches, but actually win like against city. If city didn’t score 2 goals the match would end 1-0 to Artetas boys. And do t forget he took us from battling relegation to where we are. Didn’t we come up the season he took over and heading down?

Diesel

When judging Arteta you can’t look at the results. Sometimes Arteta loses matches, but actually win like against city. If city didn’t score 2 goals the match would end 1-0 to Artetas boys. And do t forget he took us from battling relegation to where we are. Didn’t we come up the season he took over and heading down?
Yeah for me winning is winning and losing is losing. Kinda like losing to Nottingham and Brentford. City game was his best game in some time... he has like 2 of those a season. But we can agree to disagree.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

It’s a preference thing.

Is this even true though. Because there were loads of question marks over player mentality and loads of reports of Arsenal being a kindergarten holiday camp. There was also a lack of ruthlessness of moving on inadequate players and persisting with favourites

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Auba's my fave but it's a bizzare situation with us fans.

Transplant it to a normal job. You're late repeatedly, you're going to suffer disciplinary proceedings from your boss and ultimately get kicked out if you don't change your ways.

Arriving on time should be a baseline standard, particularly for a 32 year old who captains the side.

Arrive on time, take your job serious, give 100% for the few hours you're there and then go and live you life....That isn't a lot to ask in honestly.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Yeah the thing that worries me is I don’t see anyone above Arteta telling him to chill and think of what you doing. I don’t even know how calculating Arteta is, I think he is just a very young manager with chip on his shoulder. I think we are basically run on Artetas emotions than logic.

One thing I will give Arteta is he knows in this country we love symbolism of passion and desire. So when he says empty phrases like all I’m asking for is commitment and hard work. It gives our fans a boner

I think Arteta is doing what Pep did at Barce. Guardiola offloaded Ronaldinho, Deco, Zambrotta and planned to shift Etoo but kept him for the first season after. That's a huge overhaul and the players he shifted are skill levels above the squad Arteta inherited. The point of doing it is having every player working hard in training and pressing and giving 100% on the pitch. To have every player working hard to be part of the collective

Arteta has shifted players who weren't working hard in training, see Guenduzzi underminding training. Like wise Özil expected to be treated like a prima donna, so he was excluded. Now Auba has been stinking up the joint all season on the pitch and his boss doesn't think he takes training seriously enough. This will have been going on for a long time and his performances have got steadily worse. Willian clearly didn't put a shift in on the pitch so he was shifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom